84 Lumber Commercial

by azor 236 Replies latest jw friends

• kpop
    kpop

Azor sometimes a small misunderstanding or syntax error can lead to a big fight over nothing so I'm glad we have discussed this much! No hard feelings at all I am not such a person anyways to hold bad feelings. I am like the Vulcan character in StarTrek :)

I'm glad you are here and yes I too love to debate! Its a wonderful thing in the USA to even be able to do this. I think so many Americans born here take for granted that freedom. We must remind them to always remember why we have free speech especially if we do not like what we hear! (Hint: you become like a cult like the JW where dissidents are not allowed and you become authoritarian) We may not agree on things but at least we can use debate as a way to reach a understanding or compromise.

• Simon
    Simon
    I get it simon. Since it's your site you can break the rules. You called me a fucking idiot. But I use it and oh my.

Calling someone a fucking idiot when that is what they are being, is very different to you telling someone to "go fuck themselves" just because they voiced an opinion you disagree with.

By the way you are the one that asked me to specify where you condoned the use of a slur. If I quoted someone out of context I would man up and admit it. Whether intentional or not.

But I didn't so I won't. You failed to prosecute your claim effectively because your claim was bogus.

Here's a tip that I think anyone on the left would do well to heed: think before you blabber and accuse, call names and label.

People are going to stop caring about whatever issues or hardship you're supporting if you whine about everything and if your claims and accusations are easy to debunk. Instead of going out of your way to create enemies, try to convince people through reason to be allies.

• azor
    azor

Simon you did take my quote out of context to make a point that I was not making. If you can't see that your blind.

People who use racial slurs have much in common with the alt right whether they are or not literally on the alt right. Taking my quote stating such, cherry picking it, then using it as though I was comparing people who use the term illegal or stand for border enforcement as alt right is a complete fabrication.

Like what Glenn Greenwald and his ilk do to Sam Harris.

• Simon
    Simon
    you did take my quote out of context to make a point that I was not making. If you can't see that your blind.

The point I was making is that those on the left reach for labels such as "alt-right" and "nazi" far to quickly and far too often. You're comment that I quoted was used as an example of this.

• azor
    azor

Thank you for answering. Let's agree to disagree here. I don't think it's inappropriate or reaching to quickly to compare someone who uses a racial slur to the alt right. Which was the context of my statement.

I do agree however that many do reach to quickly.

• Simon
    Simon

Agreed

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Azor. Thanks for agreeing to disagree. I think we should all realize that Simon is unbeatable in a debate. I don't always agree with his statements, but they really do make me think, and sometimes see the other side in a different light. Thank God we live somewhere that we can have dialogues like this.

So, kudos to you Simon! You are a superb Devil's Advocate, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

• azor
    azor

Spoletta by the way I did not agree to disagree because I believe he was right. I just saw that it was going nowhere and decided to be the bigger person.

There is a difference of playing devil's advocate and being a good debater, and just being stubborn. I still contend that he misrepresented what I said.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

As is your right.

• Simon
    Simon

So, Venezuela caught selling passports to potential terrorists.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/08/world/venezuela-passports-investigation/index.html

We should let them in? I'm sure they are just wanting a job picking fruit ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit