Watchtower to pay for Silentlambs trip

by Dogpatch 182 Replies latest jw friends

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

I feel compelled to say something in defense of 144,000

Mulan said, and it is valid:

"The point is they are paying his expenses in an effort to discredit him.............and the average JW are the ones really footing the bill."

You are right, the point of the original email posted here is to point out that the WT is paying for the process of legally defending themselves in court with religious contributions. And worse than that they are cozying up to a convicted pedophile. I believe the average JW should know this.

However, 144,000 is saying it is a normal legal process to defend ones selves through the process of taking depositions while the original post is making it seem like it is a sin to do so. From the perspective of an attorney can you expect them to not defend themselves? Should it be sensationalized that they dare to defend themselves in court?

The emotions appear to be:

We who have learned the truth about the "truth" feel anger because they have created this problem and deserve their position as the defendant in court and JW's should know where their contributions are going.

Victims of molestation rightly feel there is no consequence that the Watchtower Society may face that equals the damage they have suffered.

Those focused clearly on a legal victory against the WT feel WT managment of charitable donations is irrelevant and to criticize this or the fact that they use the legal system to defend themselves is sensationalism.

144,000 said:

The Watchtower should not be begrudged for using common legal strategies to defend itself in court; rather, it should be raked over the coals for encouraging the abuse and exploitation of children, the destruction of families, and the deaths of those who steadfastly abide by an illogical policy concerning blood transfusions. As much as I dislike the Watchtower, I won't hesitate to call a spade a spade.

I find nothing wrong with the above statement

Jst2laws

• avishai
  • Mary
    Mary
    ".....We do handle child abuse cases judicially, so these are not running around free as you state. They ARE disfellowshipped from their Witness environment......"

What planet are YOU from? These pedophiles are never DF'd, that's the whole problem, and if you don't believe me, try looking up the Dateline interview. They asked the Empire for some cases where they actually DID DF someone for being a pedophile and they couldn't even come up with one stinking example.

I think the problem is with those cases that are not as clear and cannot be proven.

I think the problem is that these cases were all swept under the carpet by the Borg's assinine "rules" and now it's Judgement Day for them.....Didn't Jesus say that if anyone stumbled or hurt a "little one", that they may as well tie a rope around their neck and kiss their sorry asses good-bye?

The difference with the Catholic problem is very simple. Catholic priests were transferred to other churches were they were still serving as priests were they would again abuse children. The abuse obviously being covered up by church officials. The JW problem is not that way.

You're right. The JW problem is even SICKER. These scumbag JW pedophiles are allowed to continue on right in their own congregation without any fear of reprisal. And if the victim dared to go to the cops and report what happened, they were disfellowshipped. Funny, I don't recall the Catholic Church ex-communicating anyone for going to the cops..........

Someone that is accused of child abuse is not transferred to another congregation, no, they face a judicial committee. If found guilty, they are difellowshipped.

Sure they are Sword of Jah, I guess everyone just imagined the whole thing.............just keep on talkin'..........maybe you'll convince yourself of something one day...............what a troll..............

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

CAUTION!!!

SOME TRIGGERS MAY APPEAR TYPED BELOW

What? Help the victims with money? Is that going to make everything better, will that erase their memories? Fine the lowlife was found guilty. The point is the Watchtower is being FORCED to use their resources in defending itself against these "victims" that are out to make themselves rich!

Please tell me SOJ tell me exactly what the WTS money is used for. Tell me SOJ why you have been appointed judge and jury over something you obviously know nothing about. Tell me SOJ how many times you were raped, how many times you went to the elders for help and were denied the help you so desperately needed. Help, which could have afforded you a semi- normal childhood?

Tell me please how it felt to be ripped apart by your abuser then the elders who laid blame at your feet or threatened you with disfellowshipping or charges of slander while you were only 10 years old after suffering abuse since the age of 4. DO tell SOJ.

YOU CANT SPEAK SO AUTHORATIVITALY on something you have no idea about physically or emotionally.

How about defending themselves from fat greedy "victims"?

If a man driving drunk who did so regularly killed your son or daughter while driving drunk and the company whom he drove for did nothing whatsoever to stop that drunk driver even though they knew that this driver repeatedly drove drunk. Would it mollify you to know this driver was behind bars? Do you know that most drunk driving fines in the event of death are consistently at about 6,000 dollars?

Is that all your son or daughters life is worth? Is that all your pain is worth to know your son had been crushed by the tire of a car, to have seen this sight with your own eyes? A memory you would never be rid of, a memory you would constantly have nightmares over, something that would/could change the way you interact in society?

Remember his company was aware of the FACT he had several drunken driving convictions while on duty, yet they let him drive under their logo again and again. THEY essentially paid him to drive drunk. Would you lay some blame at the company’s feet? Would it not anger you to know that they could have assured he was not in their employ while driving?

You think witnesses do not sue over the loss of a loved one or file other claims? I know of several witnesses who sued over the wrongful death of their loved ones. Are these witnesses "FAT and GREEDY" as well? Do you condemn your “brothers” and “sisters” when they go to court over a perceived injustice? DO YOU?

They ARE disfellowshipped from their Witness environment.

Bullshit SOJ you’ve no clue to which you are speaking, get your head out of your ass.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Cassi,

Bullshit SOJ you’ve no clue to which you are speaking, get your head out of your ass.

Good god woman, but you are good!

IW

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"Fat and greedy victims" - you mean like these, SpoonOfJah?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/50247/1.ashx

"...The Hawthorns sued Ronald and Julie Goldfinch, of Paracombe, in the Adelaide hills. They claimed they were forced to sell their hose-fitting business as a result of the injuries Mr Hawthorn suffered.

They alleged the ram was a “dangerous and ferocious animal” and the Goldfinches were negligent for not keeping it confined and failing to warn visitors.

The Hawthorns also sued the Adelaide Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses for failing to provide proper instruc tions about doorknocking in rural areas..."

Send the Watchtower MORE money, Spoony. They're gonna need it.

• Alf3831
  • obiwan
    obiwan

Thanks, and to think I once contributed to such an organization...excuse me while I barf!

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Thi Chi,

You alleged that I have relied on "false assumptions," yet you failed to cite anything that could be construed as such.

Mulan,

You and others here seem to think that the purported payment of Mr. Bowen's expenses by the Watchtower is something noteworthy or unusual. While I don't know the exact details of that case, it is very common for opposing parties in a deposition to pay for witness travel fees due to legal requirements relating to the location in which a deposition is taken. States have differing rules on this, but generally such rules protect witnesses from having to travel at their own expense to depositions far from home, thereby eliminating a means to abuse the witnesses (by forcing them to travel and pay their own expenses).

The post that began this thread and was attributed to Mr. Bowen was absolutely ridiculous, and I stand by my comments in this thread. Assuming these are his comments, I can't help but wonder why he doesn't post them here himself?

• Mulan
    Mulan
    They asked the Empire for some cases where they actually DID DF someone for being a pedophile and they couldn't even come up with one stinking example.

I don't know why they wouldn't give an example. I know of one man, who had molested scores of young girls, nearly all the ones in the cong. I grew up in, including me, who was df'd at age 80 after myself and several other finally came forward. They had no choice, he was caught, and his own grand daughter testified against him. He admitted it, and they df'd him. I think he is dead now...........it was about 15 years ago, in another state. I hope he is dead.

Mulan,
    You and others here seem to think that the purported payment of Mr. Bowen's expenses by the Watchtower is something noteworthy or unusual. While I don't know the exact details of that case, it is very common for opposing parties in a deposition to pay for witness travel fees due to legal requirements relating to the location in which a deposition is taken.

I don't think it is unusual, I just think it is a bit humorous, that the members of the cong. are encouraged to "contribute to the worldwide preaching work" and their hard earned money is used to attempt to discredit someone like Bill, who is helping victims of a convicted pedophile. Why are they still defending this creep?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit