Watchtower to pay for Silentlambs trip

by Dogpatch 182 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

The WTBTS needs to be made to pay...at least until they stop lying and admit that abuse has gone on and it was their fault that it continued. An apology to all the families and all the victims should also be forthcoming....once again things "god's organization" doesn't have to do right?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

SwordofJah,

This whole thing is obviously persecution from Satan and the world in his control, just as the Catholic Church has been persecuted of late.

You keep coming here to disturb the "dead", perhaps your time would be better spent out in field service looking for more converts to help pay for the lawsuits.

All kidding aside though, the Watchtower is well equipped to defend itself in court. Their bigger worry is JWs like yourself who lurk or post to boards like this one. Whether the info here is true or not is not as important as the fact that JWs are not listening to the Slave class.

Still, it's nice that you visit our little JW cemetary here.

IW

• DJ
    DJ

Putting money aside......SOJ........don't you feel that this type of conduct behind the wt walls needs to be changed? Can you see that it took many years for the Catholic pedo coverup to be revealed?? Think about it, if the priests had not let child molesters roam free to molest others by acting in a responsible Christian/human manner toward the victims and , they never would have ended up on the nightly news or been sued! The same goes for the WT> If they were wise and honest in their dealings with the innocent victims of these sick twisted crimes and made the perp accountable for breaking to law......then they would not be making headlines or be taken to court either!! Do you see that? The blatant disregard for these little ones is now being handed over to the court system at a last ditch attempt to wake up the ones who cause the irreprehensible behavior of not protecting the children. dj

Why do I bother SOJ you never answer real questions...

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

144thousand_and_one:

I was addressing the merits of assessing damages to victims and the biblical aspects of such, and that being the "Christian thing to do." See the difference?

As I stated from the outset, I agree with the right to defend oneself in court. However, the WT has always taken another view regarding "taking your brother to court." If you use the WT standard, your views don’t hold water.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

"Ruby: No really, you're not very open minded if you really believe your own words. The donations are carefully spent on the world wide work. The congregations in the U.S. can afford a payment on their Kingdom Halls, for example, but 75% of the countries around the world would not be able to build Kingdom Halls without the help of the U.S. branch. Also, you think publishing the amount of literature the Watchtower does yearly is cheap? The accusation that they're greedy is really absurd!" - - Sword of Jah

Sword,

Speaking of open minded, how do you know where the donations are spent? I've never seen audited financial statements from the Watchtower corporations; in fact, I've never seen any financial statement from them. I don't think any of us are in a position to say that they're not "greedy," given those facts. If they have nothing to hide, why don't they publish some audited financial statements, along with compensation disclosures for their board of directors?

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

DJ: We do handle child abuse cases judicially, so these are not running around free as you state. They ARE disfellowshipped from their Witness environment. I think the problem is with those cases that are not as clear and cannot be proven. The difference with the Catholic problem is very simple. Catholic priests were transferred to other churches were they were still serving as priests were they would again abuse children. In somes cases, I believe the transferring was done several times. The abuse obviously being covered up by church officials. The JW problem is not that way. Someone that is accused of child abuse is not transferred to another congregation, no, they face a judicial committee. If found guilty, they are difellowshipped. As many disfellowshipped here know, this is awful, were not even their family members has contact with them in many cases. The issue with many victims is wether the crime was reported to the authorities or not.

144 Thousand: There must be a way to see those statements. I don't know, but aren't these shown at the annual meeting?

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

ThiChi,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see your point as being that since the Watchtower is against taking your brother to court, they are hypocritical for going to court against these defendants. The problem with that analysis, however, is that the Watchtower is not the party taking someone to court. They are defending, and using legitimate legal means for doing so (i.e. Mr. Bowen's deposition). I don't recall the Watchtower condemning witnesses who defended themselves against legal action, even if the legal action was brought by a "brother" or "ex-brother."

BTW, thank you for bringing up the issue of not taking your brother to court. It's a great concept but a foolish idea. Assuming that elders are better able to resolve legal matters than our court system seems as wise to me as allowing me to pilot a commercial airliner, notwithstanding my lack of appropriate knowledge or training.

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/fraud2b.htm

The men used a complex system of trusts and interlocking companies to steal Anderson's money while living in expensive homes, driving luxury cars and traveling extensively, court records said.

Dont fool yourself Sword...these are shrewed business men.These guys just happen to get caught...I can only imagine how many more are getting away with this!!

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Sword,

I've asked my parents for Watchtower financial statements, but they've never been able to come up with them, despite being prodded as to what the Society is hiding. If they did disclose that information to the public, it would be all over these web sites.

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

Ruby: You base your beliefs on what those two idiots did? I know you can't judge 6 millions Witnesses based on the actions of two ex-elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit