Watchtower to pay for Silentlambs trip

by Dogpatch 182 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    I am one that donates regularly to the World Wide Work and I would expect the Watchtower to defend themselves and not make some disgruntled Witness rich with our donations!

Were you one of the JWs who showed up to defend Berry in court, SoJ?

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl
    not make some disgruntled Witness rich with our donations

Your comment only reinforces the callous attitude of the Organization so often discussed on this board. Do you consider 17 molested children simply to be "disgruntled Witnesses"?

• blondie
    blondie

He's just baiting you. Don't waste your energy or breath on him (or her).

Pearls before swine

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

SwordofJah:

I agree, everyone has a right to defend themselves. However, would you not agree that if Caesar has found Berry guilty, that the honest thing to do is help the victims? Using resources to oppose the "right thing to do" demonstrates the WT true priorities in this matter.

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

He's just baiting you. Don't waste your energy or breath on him (or her).

O.k. so now I can't say a thing, because whatever I say you take it as baiting? Come on, give me a break here!

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

I agree, everyone has a right to defend themselves. However, would you not agree that if Caesar has found Berry guilty, that the honest thing to do is help the victims? Using resources to oppose the "right thing to do" demonstrates the WT true priorities in this matter.

What? Help the victims with money? Is that going to make everything better, will that erase their memories? Fine the lowlife was found guilty. The point is the Watchtower is being FORCED to use their resources in defending itself against these "victims" that are out to make themselves rich!

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday
    I am one that donates regularly to the World Wide Work and I would expect the Watchtower to defend themselves and not make some disgruntled Witness rich with our donations!

How noble of you to donate your hard earned income to a bunch of fat greedy slobs so that they can continue to live in their fat houses and drive their fat cars. What a worthy cause.

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

How about defending themselves from fat greedy "victims"?

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Whoaaaaaaaaa, SOJ,,,,,,,,the"victims", are you saying they are lying and are out to get rich???

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

The WT put themselves in this postion, they are only getting back what they have given out. You reap what you sow. And they will reap what they have sown also.

You know the money is not the issue. Just put yourself in their position , just one victim, if you could for just a moment believe that one of these cases are true..........would you want the person who did this to you to pay,,,,,,,in every which way that they could, public acknowlegment, finaical restitution, and prison? I think that is alot better a sentence than I would give someone who raped my child.

Why does the WT care so much to protect this child molestor? Is is not to protect their " fine , upstanding name"? They are the ones who are doing it for selfish reasons,,,, they are the ones who want to hold on to their money. And if I , or someone I loved were a victim , and the WT took such a stand agaisnt me, you can bet that I would want them to pay in every way possible, even the money.

Maybe some of these victims are going to use any monies they receive in a settlement to further child abuse protection organiztions, maybe they need it for therapy.

The WT has no business as a religion, IMO , to get involved in civil suits.......they are playing with fire when they think they can beat the laws of this land. They are doing it for the wrong reason, to protect their own interest, and that is sickening. They are NOT the victims.

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

Ruby: No really, you're not very open minded if you really believe your own words. The donations are carefully spent on the world wide work. The congregations in the U.S. can afford a payment on their Kingdom Halls, for example, but 75% of the countries around the world would not be able to build Kingdom Halls without the help of the U.S. branch. Also, you think publishing the amount of literature the Watchtower does yearly is cheap? The accusation that they're greedy is really absurd!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit