To The Folks

by Farkel 175 Replies latest jw friends

• Shakita
    Shakita

This folk will miss you, and your music.

I use to play when I was young, but had to stop lessons because my parents couldn't afford them. Your music has encouraged me to start playing again, even though I will never be a Farkel, I am having fun!

You take care of yourself Farkel. Even though we all don't all get along sometimes around here, when someone leaves it feels like a family member has moved out. Hopefully, you will come back for a visit every now and then.

Mrs. Shakita

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Awww Fark, please don't go. Great artists will always have thier critics and hecklers. The all have strong egos. That is what drives them to talent. That is something to be proud of.

• Realist
    Realist
    However, I will be offering much of my music instead.

is that meant as threat? J/K!

although i rather listen to Pollini i think its nice that you play for your friends/fans!

• Francois
    Francois

If I remember correctly (and I do) artists of all sorts, including musicians, had to enter the huge homes of the nobility of their day via the servants entrance, and had to play dinner music from behind an opaque screen. They and the music they created were thus minimized and invalidated.

It was Beethoven who, at least for himself, put an end to this nonsense by insisting on entering through the front door. And who would have the guts to refuse Beethoven, whose reputation preceeded him? I dare say this behavior, this insistence on being treated with respect was the outworking of a healthy ego.

Relatively few people realize the close relationship between music and mathematics, however you seldom hear of a mathematician having to put up with the same crap offered to a musician.

Let them as can play. Let them as cannot listen and appreciate.

francois

• freeman
    freeman

Hey Fark, don’t leave! I appreciate what you can do, and what you can do with a piano is nothing less then magic! I’m pretty musically inclined myself (I’ve played keyboard and about 8 other instruments for close to forty years now), but quite honestly, I couldn’t come anywhere near the level of your chops no matter how long or hard I practiced, never ever.

Good God Fark, if people have a problem with your ego, then they would also have problems with the egos of eagles as they soar. Please don’t give in to these nay-saying assholes; they are after all only dip-fucks anyway (sorry Simon). Just my 2 cents

Freeman

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

March 21, 2001

: Why do you bother to post on this site?

Demons. They're in my shorts. I hate that part. I bought my shorts at a garage sale.

Farkel

Thanks for the memories, Farkel.

Linda

• Robdar
    Robdar

Farkel

I love your music, but since I went to dial up, I have a hard time downloading. If you have CD's available, I will purchase one. Just tell me how.

You are too fine for the imbeciles on this board who criticize you. I hope that you will reconsider before leaving those of us who love you behind.

BTW, where are you? Don't you reside in the southwest? I will be coming that way soon and would love to meet up with you and others.

Love,

Robyn

• Mum
    Mum

Dear folks, fear not. Farkel has stalked out before, i.e., has had multiple episodes of telling us off because we're not ----- something????

He always returns. I don't care about the size of his ego or anything else. I am at peace knowing he will require no persuasion to return once again and eventually tell us off again and return yet again. Relax. Just learn to enjoy these cyber tantrums and enjoy the music, the insights, or whatever else. Maybe it's true about the artistic temperament being quite erratic. But it's not our problem.

See y'all,

SandraC

• ISP
    ISP

Hmmm......did I miss something? Do some not like music here?

ISP

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Cassi well said.

I think it takes alot of courage , not ego , to share you own music with others. I look at it as Farkels way of sharing a little extra special , personal part of himself. I really find it hard to understand why someone would say something about him offering us his music as him needing to feed his ego. I know I used to draw, just little sketches, or write poems, and if I had the guts to ever post them and someone told me I was trying to feed my ego.....or get attention whatever was said in a negative way,,,,,,,,,,,,it would hurt my feelings really bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit