Dr. Laura

by AuntieJane 151 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I know exactly what I said. I said I would rather be a childish liberal as opposed to a judgemntal conservative. All one has to do is listen to the so called Christians in the world (I have listened to my share, believe me) and 99% of them judge others. The bible says "judge not lest ye be judged" Why is it that the "Christians" are the first ones to judge others?

I did not join in this thread to start a fight. I just felt as if you were putting the liberals down and so I said what I did.

Well, I think I have wasted enough of my post and time on you, so I bid you good night.

• herk
    herk

Wildhorses,

I just felt as if you were putting the liberals down and so I said what I did.

Then why didn't you in fairness say something about the liberals who were condemning those of us who are conservative? They started this liberal vs. conservatives theme, so where is the fairness you claim to have?

I have wasted enough of my post and time on you

I thought that was the low opinion you had of me right from the start. Thanks for the confirmation.

Herk

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

herk, you are right, I should have looked at both sides but, I guess it is because I am usually on the recieving end of judgement where Christians are concerned and that made it personal.

I thought that was the low opinion you had of me right from the start. Thanks for the confirmation.

I do not have a low opinion of you. I notice in a lot of your post, you seem to think that everyone is against you. Especially one where people were trying to say that you and your friend were the same people. I recall saying something nice to you in that thread.

How about this. Lets just agree to disagree? Fare enough?

• riz
    riz

herk, do you need a hug? you sound like you need a hug. ((((((herk))))))

• herk
    herk

Wildhorses,

Lets just agree to disagree?

I think that's a good idea. Still, I don't believe you've been as fair toward me as you think you have. I came into this discussion peaceably, offering information that I thought would be helpful. Not many posts after that two posters came under attack for expressing a favourable view of Dr. Laura. I happen to think they are right in their opinion, so I offered my point of view. In turn I also came under attack. I never used the foul language toward others that was used frequently toward me. I'm not complaining. But I don't think anybody has the right to say he or she is fair when accusing me of being the judgmental one.

Herk

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    But I don't think anybody has the right to say he or she is fair when accusing me of being the judgmental one.

Herk, I was speaking in general. I'm sorry that I didn't make myself clear.

• herk
    herk

Wildhorses,

Thanks. I think you and I could be real friends if this type of discussion took place face-to-face. What is now starting to come through would have been noticed much sooner. The printed page doesn't adequately express the emotions and the proper stress of what we really mean. So, I'm in favour of calling a truce and giving each other a hug.

All things considered, I think you're a lovely person, and I sincerely wish you the best.

Herk

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    The printed page doesn't adequately express the emotions and the proper stress of what we really mean. So, I'm in favour of calling a truce and giving each other a hug.

I've said this many times. I can get my point across much better when actually using this big mouth of mine.

All things considered, I think you're a lovely person, and I sincerely wish you the best.

Thank you and, same to you.

• teejay
    teejay
    I said I would rather be a childish liberal as opposed to a judgemntal conservative. – WildHorses

Are those my only choices?

You're too cool, Rizzy. That was right on time!

What in the hell happened to this thread, anyway? I thought we were talking about the good Doctor...

• herk
    herk

tj,

Are those my only choices?

With regard to Dr. Laura in this discussion, I think the answer is Yes.

At the moment, the only one whose hug I might have wanted was from Wildhorses. We did hug, and I respect her, having become aware that her contributions to this thread were sincere and not in any way malicious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit