When Was The Last Time You Set Foot In a Kingdom Hall?

by minimus 93 Replies latest jw friends

• Nikita
    Nikita

I think sometime in 1984!

Nikita

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

April 10, 2002. My son gave a talk. I had a beard. None of us has set foot in the cursed building since.

• nowisee
    nowisee

1976. (what a coincidence).

minimus, that answer to axel was funny.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I enjoyed your story, Big Tex. You definetly have a talent for writing.

MY last time at a KH was April 1999. I did a lot of soul-searching and researching (online) and sent my letter of Resignation in October 1999.

Annie

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Dang it Tex you did it again

Thunder and I confered and neither of us can remember YEA

• kproscts
    kproscts

May 1999, I had long since not been a part of the JW, all of my family (with the exception of my brother) were and are still active. My younger brother that I was raising had passed and my mom was concerned for me and decided to make a trip to stay with me a few days. It had been years since I seen her with the exception of the trip to my brothers funeral. Anyway, I knew she would want to go to a meeting while she was here and it just so happened that the weekend I returned from the funeral a got the famous "knock" on the door and thought to myself, these guys have no idea who's door they just knocked on and what luck I must have. Well, a few words were said, the brother left and the next day was back with an elder (man did I see that coming or what) Again, I thanked him for his time, my angst was not with him as it was the organization and he left me his name and number. My mom arrived and I gave her his number for directions. She must have called him while I was at work one day and they had a "chat", I took her that Sunday to the KM and I asked her to go ahead in and save a sit for me (I thought it was the least I could do). I waited until I knew the meeting had started and went in to find her and she was not to be found, turns out the local elders pulled her into the backroom and gave her a raft of sh-t for coming to see me like she did. When she finally came out she was obviously upset and had been crying, I was so pissed - I have no words, at least that I will say. The elders back home did the same with her. You see I grew up the perfect child, everyone saying why can't you be like "me", dad was an elder and I was working my way up, walked it, talked it, believed it - unitl I got older and started asking questions & that "bloom of youth thing happened" that's all they needed to X me out and I was gone. That's just scratching the surface, but I have wrote enough already, sorry about that.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

In Sept 2002 when we quit the organization. The only reason I can see myself stepping foot in one again is to attend a funeral or wedding. (I have family still trapped within the Borg collective.)

• Soledad
    Soledad

June 1998 with 2 elders for a "discussion of my interesting letter".......

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Memorial, 1998.

IW

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

October 2002

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit