When Was The Last Time You Set Foot In a Kingdom Hall?

by minimus 93 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

weeks? months? years???

• freedom96
    freedom96

Last time ever?

Memorial, 1997

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

June 1998, I took my parents to a KH when they visited me. It was highly tedious for me and the unfriendliness disappointed my parents. (I took them to visit a congregation that I had never been to before, so know one knew me. But still, my parents were visiting from out of country, even I thought more than two people might have spoken to them.)

I actually quit attending meetings after March, 1997.

Thirdson

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Hey Freedom,

It was at the memorial in 1997 that sitting there I finally decided to quit completely and never return. Must have been a "good" one that year.

Thirdson

• rocketman
    rocketman

Roughly two months ago.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

About 1984...got back from college and told my mom I was too busy working to go out in service or to all the meetings. Since she wanted me out of the house asap, she was happy I was earning a living and not *burdening* her.

One of the best decisions I ever made.

• Princess
    Princess

January 9, 2003 to listen to the elder read our names for the last time. Never going back.

PS...they are apparently still talking about our visit to the hall that night.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Probably about 3 or 4 years ago. One of the "brothers" who actually talked to me at the meetings had died of cancer, so I decided to go to his funeral. My eyes were completely opened as to who were the people who had a good heart - only 1 person. All I got from a lot of people was just a "hi". The elder who used to study with me came up and told me "all your friends are here. If you're not here, you have no friends". I never knew friends would shun me.

After that experience, I decided to never step foot in a KH even if it was a funeral or a wedding.

• shamus
    shamus

Three years ago.... I may go back for a giggle one day... who knows? Probably not, though.

• shera
    shera

October 1993

( I always thought it was 92,but I was looking in my bible and I wrote down that I was baptized during that yr)

I wanted to add,I was only baptized for 3 months...lol...but I had dealings with them for 5 yrs,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit