When Was The Last Time You Set Foot In a Kingdom Hall?

by minimus 93 Replies latest jw friends

• fairy
    fairy

2yrs 6mths ago for my mum's funeral and i didnt set foot in one for about 10 yrs before that

• nowisee
    nowisee

big tex - thanks for posting your story. i am so glad that you and your family are doing so well considering the hell you all have been through.

welcome kproscts. don't apologize for your long story. that is what this board is here for. keep posting.

best wishes, nowisee

• minimus
    minimus

Big Tex, Thank you for sharing your story. Kproscts welcome to the board. I appreciate your post.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy and welcome kprospcts!

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

November of 99 was my last meeting when my name was read. Why I went that night I don't know. Maybe to see the look of shock on peoples faces. Actually I went to this years circuit assembly but only on Sunday. No way I could stomach two full days of that stuff. I have no more feelings to want to go ever again, besides you hear that same stuff over and over. What gives?

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Hmmm.....Maybe 15 years ago.

Makes me sick to think of all the wasted time when I could have simply read the Bible for the real "Truth".

• YellowLab
    YellowLab

Was in a Kingdom Hall for a wedding back in 1997. Last meeting I went to was in late 1995.

My mother and brother still never miss a meeting. How they do it is beyond me.

So glad I've escaped.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

wedding Feb/2003

funeral March/2003

last meeting early 1996.

• Francois
    Francois

Sometime in 1979.

Tex, that's one helluva story. I don't think I have anything that even comes close. My family was utterly dysfunctional though. We lived on an island that was heavily wooded. I escaped by going off by myself into the deep woods and smoking rabbit tobacco until I was old enough to get the real stuff. Good writing, too, Tex.

francois

• Gwydion
    Gwydion

Spring 1995. Late May or early June

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit