When Was The Last Time You Set Foot In a Kingdom Hall?

by minimus 93 Replies latest jw friends

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

Feb. 6, 1997, last time I actually wanted to be there...before Dec. 17, 1995.

Ravyn

• pamkw
    pamkw

June 1999, my neice's wedding. I was so disgusted by the wedding talk, I couldn't wait to get out of there. I haven't been back since.

Also, the elders told my sister that if I ever went back they would have to have a meeting with me. Ooooh. Like I really care.

Pam

• Curious Mind
    Curious Mind

memorial 1997, which seems to be a popular date

• berylblue
    berylblue

Oh, god , tex.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

It was 4 years ago. I was recovering from a car wreck. a drunk driver blew through a stop sign and broad sided me. My truck was totaled and I was left with 3 ruptured disc in my lower back. The drunks insurance company went bankrupt and I was left with the Dr. bills and no income.

The brothers stopped by a couple times to encourage me to get to the meetings. They weren't concerned that we were subsisting on macaronia and cheese and that the Salvation Army had been the ones to pay our gas bill the previous month. I informed them that my back pain made it impossible to sit for very long.

I went back to the meeting. It was a Thursday night. I sat in the rear for about 10 minutes before I had to stand up. Then standing became too painful and I sat back down. This went on for the first half of the meeting. After the song in the middle of the meeting, I again stood and went to the back of the hall. I was then approached by two brothers, an elder and servant. They took me outside and said that I was becoming a distraction.

I informed them that it would NEVER happen again.

Since then the only contact I have had with them is to point out their lies and the evil present in their leadership.

I'll never look back.

Thunder

• KGB
    KGB

I personally have not stepped foot into a kingdom hall since about July or August of 1997

• minimus
    minimus

Hey Thunder, That was a great story. You are a man of your word!!!

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

No other way to be Min.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

No other way to be Min.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Jan 20th 2002 When I had my final judicial hearing and told them that I REALLY wasnt interested - so they disfellowshipped me. The last time I was in one and the last time I will ever set foot in one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit