Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Status Update Thread

by Simon 656 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

These proactive measures are based on Bible principles

Yes this makes sense since the ancient Hebrews knew what a virus was and how to deal with these kinds of contagious viruses.

The GB leaders of the JWs are truly self deluded idiots.

Oh the power can you just feel the power.

• LV101
    LV101

So the "ancient Hebrews" just knew?! Don't think so - they learned everything else from others - they're Canaanites morphing into god's special people. I give them credit in the medical/educational arena of the modern era. Not too difficult to know higher education especially in the medical/legal world equals money - or did! Today professionals in both fields are a dime a dozen - education available to most people.

• Simon
    Simon

Please don't start debates about the bible and ancient Israel on this topic, this is for status updates

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Multiply that ($25 x 2) per month with who knows how many others adopt the same attitude. She is even concerned about going to Walmart since so much of their stuff comes from China.

Just to say The World Health Organization site states that the virus does not last long enough on outside surfaces etc for receiving parcels/buying goods etc sent from China to be any kind of a risk.

• Simon
    Simon
    Just to say The World Health Organization site states that the virus does not last long enough on outside surfaces etc for receiving parcels/buying goods etc sent from China to be any kind of a risk.

Correct, but that doesn't mean it's safe - someone else touched it between China and you, someone local who could be infected. It can last for days on surfaces apparently.

Think in terms of public vs private spaces. Sanitize things that go from the public space into your private space. Normally that will be *you*, but if you gat a delivery then usually that's been touched by other people.

• Simon
    Simon

Some more useful resources from Johns Hopkins:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Diogen .....

I bet if you ask the "experts" at the WHO to open a shipping container from Wuhan, My han, Your han or Someone elses han to physically unload the contents, they would have a much different attitude.

Rub a Dub

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Does anyone know how California has been affected currently, especially around southern California? I just learned that my son has been transferred (military) to the area. I don't know any more than that.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

UK infection now running at 87 cases, we saw the biggest daily increase yet. The media are all over it. You can’t buy hand sanitizer for love nor money.

People I know are worried. I know dubs who don’t want to go to the Hall until it is over

local hospital has an emergency “pod” for you to go to if you have symptoms...don’t go in the main building....

some say it is a “sign of the times” !

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What amazes and amuses me about this Corona -virus scare is in the supermarket I attended yesterday ,shelves of everyday items foods ,meat and whatnots ,the stocks were pretty normal ,nothing to see here ,however when I got to the aisle where the toilet paper used to be there was virtually none ?Whats this pre-occupation with toilet paper ?

The newspapers are reporting the same craziness that seems to have gripped the Country here in australia ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit