GB Update #2, March 2024: Women allowed to wear pants, no ties/coats required if not giving a talk, & now able to greet DF ones in the KH!

by WingCommander 194 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Seems like all the hardline stances they held up as “proof” they alone had the Truth are up for review.

Like I’ve said before, though…

…water it down this much, and where’s the incentive to even be a JW?

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

This is so exciting. There is a feeling of more than just change.

The tower is falling at such a rate, this is clear.

You will now see bearded elders wearing no suit not even a tie at meetings. This would have been absolutely unbelievable until very recently shocking even

so what is appropriate now we don’t have to wear a tie?

I imagine just a smart shirt and smart casual trousers.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Imagine if you haven't set foot in a Kingdom Hall in 20 years. You for some reason get curious or go back to visit.

What do you see?

- TV screens on the walls behind the podium, where the song lyrics are shown, along with videos, updates, etc.

- The Governing Body with beards

- Women wearing slacks

- Men with beards, Elders even!

- Men dressed in chinos and khakis, with nice polo shirts

- Hardly a song book or bible in sight; everyone looking everything up on iPads and smartphones.

- Shortened meeting times, no in-home Book Study. (eliminated)

- Service as you please, either at a cart, by phone, or informal. Just "check the box" to confirm your participation that month.

Wild man.......fuggin' WILD!!! If my parents were resurrected right now to see all this above, they'd promptly crawl back into the grave and pull the dirt back over themselves! They would NOT believe all this. Hell, I can't believe it myself.

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

I love it.

there will be many more now JWlite who will come to meetings after work or whatever in their casual clothes just for a chat

they will obviously not be believers just coming for the social club

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    It’s as if the GB are reading our suggestions here

Without a doubt they have someone monitoring these sites. I have always felt that the people here are the people who formerly were the best & brightest in the organization. Our discussions here have often seemed to be the "outline" for future New Light.

Your welcome WT!

• Elmer
    Elmer

I can’t see the blood ban going away. If that happens, the lawsuit flood will be in turbo mode!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

The Blood Ban has to go BECAUSE of the impending lawsuits. Law Firms are good at what they do: attempting to place blame and legal liability on organizations in order to hold them financially responsible.

Another thing I'd like to point out: It's March, and we haven't even gotten to the Pennsylvania Grand Jury and charges that are going to hit the WT from all that CSA shit! That's just floating out there......what we've heard about it was just the tip of the iceburg (I'm in Pennsylvania) and when the WT Titanic hits that it's gonna really rip open! I'm hoping for a "Spotlight" type reaction like with what happened to the Catholic Church up in Boston years back. Hell, up in Harrisburg, PA the lawsuits from CSA bankrupted that Arch-Dioceses! No small wonder WT hired the same Law Firm to represent them in PA.

The Gluttonous Bozos are shitting bricks while polishing up the brass on the Titanic cult formerly known as "The Truth."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I’m imagining Fred Franz’s restless ghost wandering around Bethel, whispering “What the fuck? What the fuck???”

😏

• Elmer
    Elmer

Hi WC,

My point is that lawsuits will flood the courts from cases decades old. If they drop the ban, it really could bankrupt them!

• dozy
    dozy

Notice the GB member is standing rather than sitting behind his desk. I've noticed newsreaders are often doing that now , wanting to appear less formal I guess. Unfortunately the GB member doesn't quite have the physique of most of the newsreaders though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit