GB Update #2, March 2024: Women allowed to wear pants, no ties/coats required if not giving a talk, & now able to greet DF ones in the KH!

by WingCommander 194 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Imagine still being dependent on a group of men in New York to micromanage your life like this.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - “I am sure die-hard JWs are freaking out wondering what is happening.”

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Im sure die hard JWs are freaking out wondering what is happening???

ROFL

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

Is that the Grinch who stole Christmas??

Maybe he stole the JWs’ Paradise as well.

• Halcon
    Halcon

I also predict that the cross and crucifix will become a non issue. Cross, stake .... what does it matter?... And again there's nothing specific in the scriptures on it either aka there's no verse stating that it wasn't a cross specifically.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HALCON:

I like crosses and wear one occasionally.

But, then again, maybe you can’t take the Catholic out of somebody.. This was another JW teaching I didn’t quite accept.

• skin
    skin

Lost for words...surely all these changes will make some witnesses think what are we involved in here? Wait a minute, I forgot, independent thinking is still banned.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    Casual dress for church???

Actually he was pointed in saying "not casual". Chinos have been worn by many guys for years but they definitely are casual wear and still not 'appropriate'.

Regarding the Disfellowshipping of minors, he made clear but unspoken that the minor would be disfellowshipped if after a shepherding call (two elders) a judicial committee is formed.
    The only thing that has changed is the EMPHASIS of a shepherding call prior to the committee meeting. Nothing has changed. This was for public (court) consumption. Shepherding calls were always attempted prior to a committee forming. Listen again, unfortunately it's just smoke.

• Lightgrowsbrighter
    Lightgrowsbrighter

Still hard line on treatment of 'apostates'- which is by their definition (not the Bible's) ANYONE who disagrees with them. Ironically, THEY are apostates by demanding unquestionable obedience and appointing themselves as 'the faithful slave'. Also, they act more like an 'evil slave' by beating up anyone who questions them.

Biblical definition of 'apostasy' is following someone other than Jesus, and/or persuading others to follow someone other than Jesus. Humbling themselves would show much more sincerity than all of these changes made largely to avoid more legal actions and retain membership.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    I wonder, in the light of all this new light, are the photons reaching the two witness rule? Is that on the agenda?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit