Hey ya'll! My first post. Please help. In need of advice/comfort.

by Stepford Wife 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Stepford Wife
    Stepford Wife
    I'm getting the feeling I should not meet with them but I want to know why. Why would I not meet with them, tell them what they want to hear and then be done with it? If I don't meet with them maybe they will not give up on wanting to meet with me.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

If you agree with everything why are you inactive?

I'm not being deliberately harsh SW, I'm on your side, we all are. We just don't want you to come unstuck at such an early stage in your exit.

You really have to put yourself first now.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hi, Stepford Wife, welcome to the forum.

When I told my husband that I would take blood he started to cry and tell me that I was one step away from being an apostate and that it would be his duty to report me if I mention this again - it's disgusting the emotional hold this religion has over believers, quite frankly.

My husband said they will remove him as an elder if I do not begin to go to meetings. Is that true? - it might be. According to the Watchtower, elders must have their family in submission or similarly take care of their households, the exact words escape me. I'm sure someone like Blondie can post the correct information about this.

What is the worst thing about being inactive? - elders will periodically call on you and ask you to come back.

Well done for doing your fade and tearing up your no blood card.

Maybe just go to the memorial and a meeting every now and then? I'm sure there are other posters here who have been in your situation and can give you good advice.

• Stepford Wife
    Stepford Wife
    Good let them ask. I will say I believe everything the borg tells me. And I told you that my husband has assured me that he said nothing. I believe him.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Not meeting with the elders will not make a difference, they can still DF you.
  • karter
    karter
    Stepped wife. I stopped going and the elders called me wanting a meeting I said thank you but I don't want to waste eather one of us time . They left me alone ever since wife and children kept going children all eventually stopped . Karter
  • Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The elders wanted to make a sheparding call on me and I told them that I do not want one and to please respect my privacy. So far so good. It is a shame that one can not just stop going to the meetings without fear of not being able to talk to witness family members. It is a truly sad religion run by men whose every word is viewed as coming from the mouth of God.

I wish you the best. If you talk to the elders be careful what you say because it will be used against you.

• Stepford Wife
    Stepford Wife
    nico I do NOT believe anything anymore! I know all about the lies from Charles Taze to Anthony Morris III at the ARC telling the lead investigator that you would NOT be dis-fellowshipped if you celebrated a birthday! That was the last straw for me. The ARC really sealed the deal that this is NOT God's organization for sure. It was not even a question. I only said that I would tell them that to shut them up. Do you understand?
  • Stepford Wife
    Stepford Wife
    James what could they DF me for? They have no evidence. I committed no sins.
  • Stepford Wife
    Stepford Wife
    Sour yes I know I will be careful. I'm just asking what is the best way to go about this. Allow them to meet with me or not. That is all I want to know from everyone who has gone through this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit