Serious Question: Are You Hearing About Anyone With The Flu Anymore or A Cold?

by minimus 135 Replies latest jw friends

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    jwundubbed

I personally, think that we just don't know enough to even know what we don't know with this virus.

But I should say... to me COVID isn't much different than the flu. Both could kill me. In fact there are so many things that can kill me that it is just one more to add to a very long list.

THIS!

Totally agree.

I got Covid, got mildly uncomfortably for a couple of hours and that was it. Why? Maybe because I am young and and strong. MAYBE NOT!

I agree that even the experts and scientists know very little about this virus. I think the best we can do is washed our hands regularly, wear gloves when I needed, wear a mask when around people, avoid large gatherings, and distance yourself from people as much as possible. And try to stay as healthy as possible. By this I mean don't allow yourself to get overweight because a lot of the victims of Covid were obese.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Three months before any of this started I was ill with a kind of flu that I felt could kill me. I am normally healthy. I think I caught this illness at the gym.

When I went to the pharmacy to ask for cough medicine, I was told there were many suffering as I was. For two weeks it was a struggle just to get out of bed. But I was warm, well fed and looked after. So I made a full recovery. BUT I felt irresponsible just having gone to the gym. I would never have gone if I thought I would bring this dreadful infection into my home. I worried I would infect others. And I did. But they did not get it as bad as me. I cancelled my gym membership and am never going again.

Was it Covid? I don't know. But I have listened to explanations of the stats where they say it is possible that an infection is deliberately released and it looks like pandemic flu. The figures sky-rocket then that infection runs out of steam but the figures get merged with ordinary seasonal flu, so they plateau.

A bro tells me he is recovering from Covid. Took the PCR test, it was negative. Took it again, it was positive. Tells me he has had worse hangovers but he has been ill. But people being ill is not new. This PCR test, which is not a diagnosis (a diagnosis can only be made by a doctor) is new. And where are the doctors exactly? I was speaking to a doctor the other day, she's really upset that you can't see a doctor. Says it is not right. She needs one herself and can't see one.

So what are you left with? A PCR test which can never diagnose... COVID.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    Anna Marina

I cancelled my gym membership and am never going again.

Yea I did that a long time ago. I started building my own home gym years ago. Come to find out you don't need much for a home Gym.

A power rack, some weights, a punching bag for cardio----and the most important thing-----Persistence and Consistency. đź’Ş

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Wow Pete - amazing to be able to do that! I get stumped trying to move breeze blocks - I can only move a few then I'm done for the day. I have tried cement mixing but... hmm its dainty.

My new work out routing consists of getting the garden fork and digging around a lot. I get tired but end up with refrigerator full of courgettes. I am good at raking too. I have decided I prefer gardening to going to the gym and I will spend hours at it without noticing, until I can't walk anymore and figure I ought to stop.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed
    By this I mean don't allow yourself to get overweight because a lot of the victims of Covid were obese.

Too late. And the pandemic didn't help that at all. I gained the pandemic 50 instead of the pandemic 15. But, Yeah. My step-brother was obese. He had even been losing weight.

The gym never made me sick... but I used to wipe down the equipment with cleaning spray before and after I used it. Adults are big kids and need reminders to clean up after themselves, but unlike kids they just choose not to when they don't want to. I ended doing the home gym because it made life easier. I just got a rowing machine and I use YouTube for exercise videos of all kinds. I can even watch full videos of Richard Simmons... I always loved his videos.

• just fine
    just fine

At work we just had a cold/flu go through a lot of us. It was bad……..but everyone tested negative for COVID. I bet it was still included in the COVID numbers as probable cases. The Dr’s thought it was RSV.

There have been a few cases of COVID previously among our workforce. Only one got very sick from it - and it was the 1 obese person who works there. Healthy weight/habits are encouraged and supported by my employer and most take advantage of the programs offered.

🍺to Minimus - we are still answering your questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit