Serious Question: Are You Hearing About Anyone With The Flu Anymore or A Cold?

by minimus 135 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

On Wednesday last week, the CDC as quietly as possible announced that the RT-PCR tests that were used to let millions of Americans know they were infected with coronavirus, or COVID-19, all along has been unable to differentiate between COVID-19 and the flu.

https://djhjmedia.com/rich/cdc-silently-revokes-rt-pcr-test-emergency-use-authorization-because-it-combined-covid-19-and-influenza/

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Another ‘high quality’ source there 🤦‍♂️

The text quoted from the CDC says that due to the withdrawal of the RT-PCR testing method (which only detects COVID), different testing methods are to be used, and it is preferred that the alternative chosen be one that detects and differentiates both COVID and flu (as opposed to another testing method that only detects COVID). The CDC did not say the RT-PCR method was withdrawn because it ‘can’t differentiate COVID from the flu’. Rather, it is being withdrawn because they aren’t renewing their FDA exemption for the testing method. Once again, a dishonest conspiracy nutter site misrepresents what a legitimate source said.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Don't worry about it, Jeffro. Just another conspiracy theory. Nothing to see here. (Nevertheless, I did wonder where the flu disappeared to. Now I know.)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Yeah, total coincidence that the site you linked was already known for conspiracy theories. Not to mention that the testing method hasn't been 'silently revoked' at all, but instead the CDC has given several months notice that the test won't be available as of next year.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Have you wondered Why? If it is the golden standard, why revoke it? Is there a problem amplifying DNA virus fragments forty two times?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

It hasn’t been ‘revoked’. That’s just nonsense wording from the conspiracy nutter site. Better tests are now available that can test for multiple conditions. It’s not that difficult to understand. You don’t need to look for monsters under the bed.

• LV101
    LV101

No worries, Vidqun - Gates/Soros own the new test equipment and it's guaranteed to be more fake.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

None of you understand the CDC guidance for the new tests. There is no quick test that can differentiate anything. Think of it more like a pregnancy test, it comes back positive or negative and you have a large range of error, typically towards the positive (eg. if you have a hormone imbalance, you will test false positive, but that is acceptable given a false negative whether you are pregnant is worse)

Detailed analysis should be done and is done for any other quick test (eg. HIV or something simple like a cough or a lead test will get you sent to a lab for a blood test). But due to the expected volume, blood/microscopy tests (1-3 day for results) weren't considered feasible, so CDC approved doing quick tests without blood or microscopy tests to back them up. Due to my position in a local hospital (yes, that's where I work), I always got priority blood tests to back up positive quick tests, they always came back negative even though I've tested positive with the PCR test 3 times now. This is partially what is currently driving a 30-40% refusal rate for the vaccine amongst healthcare workers.

Yes, prior tests would not detect flu, they would only detect ANY coronavirus. The new tests can test for ANY flu AND ANY coronavirus. I think there is a third one on the new tests, but I'm too lazy to look it up. At that point, the doctor should send you for a blood test if they went with pre-COVID protocols. The CDC just want to make testing for flu/COVID faster by doing it one test and then telling you to isolate rather than doing 2 or 3 individual tests.

CDC doesn't revoke anything in regards testing, they just won't reimburse you if you don't use their new standards, so hospitals are on the hook for any tests and resulting care. As with everything fast/accurate/cheap, choose two. They chose fast and cheap.

• minimus
    minimus

Anonymous, you obviously are a conspiracy theorist. 😎

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

More like a partisan shill (in a great many of his posts). And he posts a great deal of things on various topics that are misleading or blatantly false. But at least he understands that the CDC didn’t ‘revoke’ the PCR test, which is CDC approved until next year. But he says the CDC is lying about tests that differentiate COVID from the flu. It’s great that there will be better tests available, but I would rather false positive results over lots of false negative results anyway. It would be horrible if lots of people got false negative results, then visit grandma for the last time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit