Serious Question: Are You Hearing About Anyone With The Flu Anymore or A Cold?

by minimus 135 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    ‘Sir, we have the results of your DNA test. It’s negative.’ Now, I’m not saying the new COVID tests are DNA tests. (I know analogies sometimes confuse folk around here.) But it’s plain that not all medical tests are restricted to just a single ‘negative or positive’ result rather than providing differentiations.
  • Jeffro
    Jeffro

Anony Mous:

Due to my position in a local hospital (yes, that's where I work), I always got priority blood tests to back up positive quick tests, they always came back negative even though I've tested positive with the PCR test 3 times now. This is partially what is currently driving a 30-40% refusal rate for the vaccine amongst healthcare workers.

Now it may be that you work in a hospital, but that doesn’t automatically make you an expert on all COVID tests (potential argument from authority fallacy). But getting a false positive COVID test result would not be a valid motivation to refuse a vaccination (though valid motivations do exist).

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I’m just stating facts about how PCR tests work. The CDC is very careful not to lie directly; they just avoid stating accurate facts and the media/PR people spin a boiled down version that isn’t accurate.

If you drill down and understand the substance matter, they warn not to use the new test for diagnostics and the Flu and COVID multiplex tests are indeed separate tests within the same assay.

The reason I say what I say, is because I have experience and multiplex assays are relatively new, they generally have poor specificities and preferential amplification. Also, some people related to the current administration happen to be shareholders in some of the patented technologies.

You can technically analyze the data and find out the likelihood (% confidence) that the test has a specific occurrence, but that’s not what they’re designed to do and analyzing data is really expensive (makes sense for research purposes, not for public health).

They’re designed, as the CDC says, just as the current tests, to establish either a quick and dirty selection (better safe than sorry method) or as a tool to assist in diagnostic testing.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Anony Mous:

Also, some people related to the current administration happen to be shareholders in some of the patented technologies.

Of course they are 🙄, but that would not be a valid reason to dislike a testing method (ad hominem). I see I was way off with that ‘partisan’ comment. I do appreciate that you provided some helpful info though about the tests. It’s not great that you damage your credibility with your other nonsense.

• minimus
    minimus

Jeffro, I just want to say, you are really a likable guy. 🤗

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Gee thanks. Wait… is that sarcasm? 😒

I’d hate to think you were just reverting to good ol’ ad hominem.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Lol. All my information is easily found. Since English is not my native language, you can find some semantics to argue about, but that’s just what cnn does, argue the semantics instead of the substance.

Again, ask yourself, 30-50% of the medical staff does not want the vaccine nor do they think they are at risk. There are many variant factors, but they are largely left wing voters. What is the reason only 20-30% of people under 25 have been vaccinated? Do you think 60-90% of parents today are right-wing conservative cooks that inject bleach instead?

You left-wingers are so far removed from society at large, you spin up concocted stories about conservatives, not even knowing the majority of people you are blaming and which Biden is calling names, is not at all conservative, I’m an atheist, middle-of-the-road socially liberal libertarian, that is basically an Andrew Yang style Democrat (sans the UBI) aka a Democrat or very liberal Republican with a brain. Everything I say is based on real data, which you can find yourself.

The fact it doesn’t stroke with your preconceived notions that government should force down treatments and muzzle our kids, doesn’t make me any likely to vote for Dems ever again. All the Dems currently in power will have to be replaced before I’m ever voting for that stupid party again. They started going downhill seriously with Obama, which was more divisive than even Trump.

• TD
    TD

Let's not put people into boxes.

I'm an old school conservative who has made a hobby out of the history and interpretation of the Second Amendment

I've also worked in a supervisory position at a med-lab and am appalled by some of the things that get said on this forum.

• minimus
    minimus

Sometimes you just know that no matter what you say, what your “proof” is, what facts you supply, what references you use, that some people just won’t accept it. It’s like beating a dead horse.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Anony Mous:

You left-wingers are so far removed from society at large, you spin up concocted stories about conservatives, not even knowing the majority of people you are blaming and which Biden is calling names, is not at all conservative, I’m an atheist, middle-of-the-road socially liberal libertarian, that is basically an Andrew Yang style Democrat (sans the UBI) aka a Democrat or very liberal Republican with a brain.

I do love a good hasty generalisation. 😂 Also, I’m not a left-winger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit