Serious Question: Are You Hearing About Anyone With The Flu Anymore or A Cold?

by minimus 135 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Anony Mous:

What is the reason only 20-30% of people under 25 have been vaccinated?

I haven’t verified this unsourced assertion (or your other unsourced assertions in the same post), but assuming it’s true, probably because it includes the age bracket for children, who are less likely to be impacted by COVID and for whom not all vaccines have been granted approval for use.

Do you think 60-90% of parents…

Huh? That’s not even good arithmetic.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@jeffro: these are easy facts to find at this point. If you had found any non-MSM source for COVID information, eg the CDC and HHS.

Note <25 is not all minors. The age bracket of 12-18 is where, depending on region, you’ll find 60-90% of parents refusing the vaccine. Adults <25 are refusing it as well, given they run no risk. Do you know which population groups has the lowest vaccination rates? Black, inner city primarily Democrats. Do you know of all the teachers that were complaining about COVID kids infecting them that’s why they can’t go to work, 40% in NYC isn’t vaccinated, <50% of fire responders and police officers and <70% of health workers in NYC are vaccinated, despite having the worlds worst region last year. Look up the demographics, blacks are the lowest vaccinated group except native Americans, despite less than 25% of that group voted for Trump.

Again you’re arguing semantics and nitpicking missing the point. Go watch some more CNN, unless they all had aneurysms when it was announced none of the few dozen January 6th protestors got charged with sedition or treason.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I have never watched CNN. I think it’s only on paid subscriber services here anyway.

• Me.Wonderful
    Me.Wonderful

Medical staff don’t want the vaccine? That’s absolutely laughable. I have two doctors and five registered nurses in my family and there is no major dissecting voices in the medical community against the vaccine. The anti vax community operates in the same manor as the watchtower. Take a few crack pots on the fringes and try to make it sound like a legitimate view when it’s just hogwash.

The only concern is how effective the Chinese and Russian vaccines are.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Per WebMD:

In fact, nationwide, 1 in 4 hospital workers who have direct contact with patients had not received a single dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by the end of May, according to a WebMD and Medscape Medical News analysis of data collected by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) from 2,500 hospitals across the U.S.

Your sample size of 5 family members seems a bit too small.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Anony Mous:

In fact, nationwide, 1 in 4 hospital workers

So, a minority. Good. Same WebMD page suggests Florida is bringing down the team. Maybe they should be more like Maine, with an older average population but one of the lowest COVID infection rates in the country.

Note <25 is not all minors

No, as a rough guess, about 20-30% of those wouldn’t be minors. Now, where have I seen that figure before… 🤦‍♂️ (Of course, some between 12-18 may now be vaccinated, and some from 18-25 won’t be, but it averages out.)

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Thanks Anony Mous. You have cleared up a lot of things for me. However, we are transgressing. Original question was: What happened to the flu or a cold? I have my answer. Perhaps Jeffro can offer his opinion? Thanks in anticipation.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Vidqun:

Original question was: What happened to the flu or a cold? I have my answer. Perhaps Jeffro can offer his opinion? Thanks in anticipation.

I have fully answered the question in this thread already. Three times in fact.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

So a mask and isolation prevent flu but not COVID. And usually the flu shot is aimed at maximum three of the influenza viruses. I've had the influenza shot and contracted flu in the past. And the chinstraps, I mean masks some use, do not prevent anything. But that's your opinion and that's good.

• minimus
    minimus

So, after reading everyone’s comments, it seems like everyone has to really worry about Covid variants and not so much catching the flu or a cold. Thanks for clarifying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit