Serious Question: Are You Hearing About Anyone With The Flu Anymore or A Cold?

by minimus 135 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Anonymous, excellent research and nice to see you correcting any misinformation. Pretty smart for a poor JW kid, lol

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    Anony Mous

will also note your intellectually dishonest quote of the statistics. Within the age group of 0-18, the total number of deaths from COVID was < 300 for the entire 2 years we had this disease, the majority of those were already immunocompromised (eg. cancer, transplant patients, HIV etc). The VAERS reports of myocarditis and pericarditis which can lead to sudden and premature death currently stand at >1000 in the US. In Israel, one of the most vaccinated countries, they have 6000 cases amongst their young people. That is an often permanent heart disease to fight against a disease you would otherwise not die from at all. Extrapolating the current data, the COVID vaccines will kill as much or more young people than they save. Again, not talking about the elderly, not talking about high risk groups. Healthy, young people

That's some pretty good information-------Thanks!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Here are some real world stats:

The John Hopkins covid risk calculator says I have a 0.8 in a million chance of dying from the virus. The vaccine adverse effects database currently says 10,000 have died from the vaccine. If 2/3 of the country has the shots, and there are 330 million people in the country, then that works out to 45 deaths per million. So I would be an idiot to get the shot.

Note that your risk may differ. The overall death rate from COVID is 0.07% or 700 deaths per million, but the majority of this (50%) are people over 80 and it is a bell curve from there. So the further you are removed from 80, the smaller the risk. If you graph it out, the cutover point where you become at equal or greater risk is ~57 years old. Then you can take in extra measures like BMI, current health conditions and that will adjust your risk so you really can’t do a single point analysis, which is what our politicians like to do - if you’re age x, do this. Do a proper multivariabele analysis on the data at the very least to measure your particular risk.

Again, not saying no one should get the vaccine. If you are retired, you probably should get it. If you have cancer or HIV or you are extremely obese or have heart disease, get the shot.

• minimus
    minimus

When we examine this subject unbiasedly , it becomes evident that having dialogue about health issues is healthy. It’s ignorant to feel as some entitled people might feel that anyone who dares to question a medical issue is either a dummy or totally uninformed. It’s the right of every person to make an informed decision based on all the facts and options available.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

AM---Note that your risk may differ. The overall death rate from COVID is 0.07% or 700 deaths per million, but the majority of this (50%) are people over 80 and it is a bell curve from there. So the further you are removed from 80, the smaller the risk. If you graph it out, the cutover point where you become at equal or greater risk is ~57 years old. Then you can take in extra measures like BMI, current health conditions and that will adjust your risk so you really can’t do a single point analysis, which is what our politicians like to do - if you’re age x, do this. Do a proper multivariabele analysis on the data at the very least to measure your particular risk.

If we had an HONEST SOCIETY----You would be appointed Director General of WHO.

But----it's not!

So instead, people listen to this guy!

https://st1.bgr.in/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/mark-zuckerberg-congress-testify-3.jpg##image/jpg

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Anony Mous:

you are intentionally misreading the airborne pathogen route

That’s a straight up lie. Not sure what possible motivation I would have to intentionally do that, but it’s unsurprising you move to a personal attack when you don’t like what I say.

It may be the case that certain types of shared living make it more difficult to effectively isolate but at no point have I intentionally misled anyone. It remains the case that someone in such accommodation has breached the regulations to introduce the virus into the shared space.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Anony Mous:

I will also note your intellectually dishonest quote of the statistics.

This was funny too. You falsely claim that my accurate juxtaposition (for humorous purposes) of comparable statistics of death rates was ‘intellectually dishonest’, then you go on to compare deaths from COVID in people under 18 with heart conditions in young people of unspecified age that occurred after (but not necessarily in all cases caused by) vaccination.

In case it’s not obvious, individuals should talk to their doctor about which vaccine is best for them or if they should not be vaccinated due to relevant risks.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Anony Mous:

The overall death rate from COVID is 0.07%

It’s not clear what your source is for this wildly inaccurate assertion. Anyway, due to the nature of how vaccines work, reactions caused by a vaccine (other than allergic reactions to the medium) are generally a much milder form of how the individual would react to the virus (for example, blood clots and heart conditions that may affect long term health have been observed in COVID-19 patients), so if someone were to experience one of the more severe conditions you’ve suggested as a result of the vaccine, they would be highly likely to have a greater risk of such a condition if they were to contract COVID-19. So your objection to the vaccine still falls flat. As previously stated, individuals should consult their own doctor regarding possible risks relating to their own personal or family medical history.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Haha. I could say the sky is blue, and some anonymous troll would still ‘bravely’ put a ‘dislike’ on the comment.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Anony Mous:

The John Hopkins covid risk calculator says I have a 0.8 in a million chance of dying from the virus. The vaccine adverse effects database currently says 10,000 have died from the vaccine. If 2/3 of the country has the shots, and there are 330 million people in the country, then that works out to 45 deaths per million. So I would be an idiot to get the shot.

As far as statistical comparisons goes, this is gibberish. First, an assessment of individual risk factors can’t validly be compared with a simple proportion across the entire vaccinated population. Second, VAERS indicates deaths that occurred after vaccination, not ‘caused by the vaccine’ (post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy). Third, about 162 million people in the US have been fully vaccinated giving a mortality rate of about 0.0062% (if we grant the false claim that 10,000 deaths after the vaccine are all caused by the vaccine), so it’s not clear where you’re getting ‘2/3 of 330 million’ or ‘45 deaths per million’ from, and the proportion doesn’t change as the number of people vaccinated increases (absent other demographic changes). Fourth, the majority of the 0.0062% are those in high-risk groups, which you have indicated that you are not in. Fifth, the people in the high-risk groups for the vaccine (excluding allergies to the medium) are at even higher risk of dying from the virus. Sixth, only the most at-risk people getting vaccinated would not establish ‘herd immunity’.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit