Serious Question: Are You Hearing About Anyone With The Flu Anymore or A Cold?

by minimus 135 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

For years everyone was told they had to get the flu shot. Why? Because the flu was dangerous and it could even kill you. Now, hardly anyone talks about the flu or having a cold. Did the flu and cold just get taken over by Covid and its variants??

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

By definition anyone with a cold (coronavirus of any sort) would’ve been identified as being infected with COVID-19 unless they did a blood microscopy test. Flu has similar symptoms, so my kids doctors put the diagnostic in as COVID-19 symptoms so those visits were free, even though the results later came back with bronchitis and another one has an infection I forgot about.

When everyone is scared, everyone has COVID.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Flu?? Cold?? What are those? Weren't those something ancient people had way back in the old days, a couple years ago? Back before COVID was discovered as the cure for the flu and the common cold.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Flu vaccines have been available in Australia this year (and last year) independently of the COVID vaccines and messaging about recommending those vaccines has been the same as in other years, though probably overshadowed by increased focus on COVID.

The claim that ‘flu would be identified as COVID’ is a lie, and health departments provide specific differences in the type, onset and intensity of symptoms for either COVID or Influenza.

There has been a reduction in flu cases as a result of ‘social distancing’ due to COVID measures.

• minimus
    minimus

So because of social distancing there is less flu, and yet there has been social distancing including people getting shots for Covid, and they still get Covid but hardly do you ever hear of anyone getting the flu. Very interesting

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

A virus that is more infectious than the regular flu is transmitted more than the regular flu, and measures intended to reduce spread of the more infectious virus also help reduce infection of the other virus. Yeah… amazing. 🙄

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

Before COVID I would have several older patients on my unit at the hospital with flu. I haven't had many admitted with the flu since 2019. However they hospital doesn't dx anyone that I know of with covid unless their pcr comes back positive. They may be in isolation for COVID if they have symptoms until a test confirms it. I think the explanation that Jeffro gave is basically what is happening. I also read some studies that COVID prevents the flu virus from taking over. I'm off to work but will see if I can find the peer review study and post later.

• minimus
    minimus

The measures intended to reduce spread of the more infectious virus also helps reduce the infection of the other virus. So if you take the jab and you socially distance, you really shouldn’t get the flu or possibly a cold. But many people who take the “ measures to reduce the spread” still get Covid . ✅

• Me.Wonderful
    Me.Wonderful

Influenza isn't nearly as transmissible as covid.

• minimus
    minimus

Funny thing, my girlfriend at the end of 2019 developed what the doctors called “the flu”. She had respiratory issues suddenly and they prescribed an inhaler. It didn’t help much. She goes to a new doctor and she says take this medication. She does and feels a bit better. Still at night though respiratory issues. Goes back to the doctor and has all sorts of tests and they tell her she had a flu strain and would get better. Meanwhile she got her Covid shots and to this day still has respiratory issues and the doctor admitted she didn’t really know what it was but keep using the inhalers and not to feel so bad because the doctors have been hearing the same thing from other patients. As of this week her doctor advised her to take one puff in the morning and one at night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit