would you be more happy not knowing what you now know?

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 196 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Cofty this intrigues me -

The origin of life is neither chance nor ID. That is a false dichotomy. Also abiogenesis is not the same thing as evolution.”

Could you please explain in as simple a way as possible if it was not chance then you do not believe in the evolution theory? Did you know that abiogenesis comes under chance as the origin of life. But you definitely do not believe in intelligent design either? This does not make any sense??????

The fact that you are so sure you have the truth leads me to believe you are suffering from cognitive dissidence

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

“Negative -- miserable until epiphany of the con game and couldn't get out of Dodge fast enough but I was half way out the door/never gave up social life. I did receive calls (kind, good, men, for the most part only one bad apple and he got message real fast!) but I leveled plain and clear and living on private, live-security, property, helps -- they didn't have to waste time/call easier. They knew legally -- everyone has legal right to stand up to them (WT/clergy class just doing their job) and many have.”

LV101 what do you believe now? Do you think you have found the truth? Does your belief now have any hope for the future or just bleak as it’s all chance no purpose to anything?

Its not as simple as red pill blue pill. Many are deceived into thinking they are taking the red pill truth when it’s just another blue pill.

Perhaps there is no red pill.

Everything is a blue pill and everyone is being misled. In this case why not take the blue pill and live your life the best you can and keep a bit of hope that the what the Bible promises about the future may have a bit of truth to it, even though there is almost certainly a lot more to it than we understand

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

PIMI's stay PIMI for what this thread says.

I have to venture and say PIMI's stay happy and ignorant in their stupified 'bliss' kind of like in a drunken state.

Yes, the Borg survives by it's own birthrate, what the Borg is relying on.

For the craziness to continue. But not for long. this is the 'internet age'. Information is readily abundant at your fingertips 24-7,

I have to say yes, PIMIs are happier in their 'state' of mind. Once you're PIMO or POMO, POMQ, or whatever, you cannot 'unsee' what you know.

One interview I think it was on EXJW Critical thinker a year or so back. The interviewee illlustrated that it's like a 'paperclip' when you realize what the Borg is all about. You can't put the paperclip back to it's factory condition. When you know TTATT. You simply can't 'unlearn' or 'unsee' what you have realized.

That's why PIMI remain in their 'dreamy state of mind'. Chalk it up to the sunk-cost fallacy too.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

When I watched the SILO series, I thought immediately about the Organization. Its actually a good watch for us, in that when you look at it through our lenses. You'll see a lot of similarities.

Two things in particular, stand out for me, that relate to this topic.

Firstly, the people in the silo have ok types of lives. Sure they are ignorant of many fact, but their daily lives are quite normal. They can get married, have a purpose or function and they are not living in a dictatorial regime. Most are quite happy.

Secondly, while there are rules they live under (both knowingly and unknowingly) many actually do benefit them, due to their circumstances.

Now I know, having lived a while and seen quite a bit, most of the ones in my own congregation (including members of my own family) do have better lives being in the congregation, than if they have never came into the 'Truth'. As most of them are too trusting and gullible to go through a worldly life, without being hurt many times.

No mater what people say, it is a fact that the 'Truth' (by that I mean its micro-society) and Bible teachings, are a restraint for selfish conduct and destruct behavior. Thus many families do try to stay together and make things work out. There is no LGBT+ philosophical infiltration to worry about. And traditional values still exist, where our teens have the opportunity to find marriage partners, that haven't been having sex like there is no tomorrow, from the age of fourteen.

On the flip side, we know that a lot of the teachings are pure BS, with many rules and teachings designed to keep the GB in power. But really aren't all the other religions out there, just the same. Think about the Catholic faith and the Pope. What about the Dalai Lama and the Buddhist religion. And of course Joseph Smith and the Mormons. Are any of them are better or worse than being a Jehovah's Witness? For me quite frankly I cant see it.

Yet many of the millions of people who go to those churches and temples, do have happy lives.

Now I'm not here advocating us to close our eyes to the sins of our former faith, however its problems exist in all other religions and in our communities at large.

Thus I like to say In conclusion, that yes ... my life would have been a lot easier if I had stayed ignorant, for sure. But we can't unlearn what we know ... and things are what they are. But I have come to understand that in the end, some people need the security that religion provides. Even if full of contradictions.

And if having a happy life is that real end goal of humans, I do see the value in going to meetings.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

All questions can be answered by "Logan's Run".

Logan and others were happy living in bliss until they turned 30, and faced death. They were happier when they broke out of the domes.

I am only sad because I did not leave the Org sooner than I did. I have no illusions about false bliss experienced while a subject of WTC.

• a watcher
    a watcher

No.

• cofty
    cofty
    Did you know that abiogenesis comes under chance as the origin of life

Abiogenesis was chemistry doing its thing. It happened incredibly quickly on earth and has probably happened millions of times on similar planets. It was 'chance' in the same way that when a rock rolls down a hill there is an element of chance in where it will end up but we don't resort to intelligent design to explain why it rolled.

The fact that you are so sure you have the truth leads me to believe you are suffering from cognitive dissidence

That's rich. Your OP is an apology for your own CD

• titch
    titch

But, when I see the word "happy", I am reminded of the words of the fictional TV character, Dr. Martin Ellingham, from the British TV series "Doc Martin." (Played by actor Martin Clunes) His words: "I think that happiness is over-rated." So, I try to not get too caught up in "happiness" or "being happy" It's over-rated. Best Regards, Everyone.----Titch.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

That's rich. Your OP is an apology for your own CD”

Cofty you obviously don’t understand what PIMA stands for. Agnostic can not by any definition suffer from cognitive dissonance because we will not commit

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

No Zombie I am totally on the same wavelength as you, I thought exact same when watching Silo.

im upto episode 8 and cat wait to find out answers.

but the entire theme is would you be happier not knowing answers and keep your blinkers on? Can you be comfortable with not knowing? If you can master this then you have the best chance of being happy and content

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit