would you be more happy not knowing what you now know?

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 196 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Yes I thought we were done when you brought up flat earth and I asked you please don’t keep telling me to read a flat earth book , just one!

I did not lie it was you who brought this off topic the post you claimed that I did here is absolutely on topic-

The person who started the thread took it in this direction here...

That was on page two”

This is exactly on topic, someone who is so sure they have found the truth, like you claim Cofty, what if it could be shown to you that what you think is the truth may not be? I suspect you think you would be happier not looking at this argument and if you did see it then you may wish you hadn’t?

This is why it’s such an interesting topic

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Although I still hold onto the Christian ethos. I’m so glad that I left the nonsense of the JWs a decade ago. I think were many trip up when leaving the JWs, particularly the youth. Is in visioning greater freedom out side of the JWs, only to be entrapped in another form slavery in secularisation. I think the reasons for leaving the JWs can affect how well you’ll do on the outside. I left not for secularisation in itself but rather a vote of no confidence of 8 guys in New York. Hence I mostly avoided the pitfalls. The best advice I give for those considering leaving, particularly if they are young. Is “the body is a temple, and is to be kept clean. Remember that and you will do well. Don’t, and you’ll get yourself into a world of hurting. I have a cousin who ignored this. He’s now living under a bridge addicted to Meth. Tbh even though as a JW he was a narcissistic little prick, he probably would have been better off if he had stayed.

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

Darwin’s first theory that it was a Big Bang

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

He’s now living under a bridge addicted to Meth”

So he would definitely be more happy staying PIMI or at least PIMA

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

So he would definitely be more happy staying PIMI or at least PIMA

Im guessing probably? I think mentally apathetic may have been more his thing. The mistake he made was getting into drugs at a very young age. Once it took hold of him, it just intensified his narcissistic personality.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

PIMA usually means Agnostic but I suppose it could mean apathetic.

Most people who are busy in their lives are generally apathetic but they haven’t got time to research.

Most people at some time in their lives think about the big questions often after a tragedy or losing someone.

There is a fine line between apathetic and agnostic. I’m not apathetic because I would be interested if someone found the missing link or some other new discovery that could prove chance theory.

but at the end of the day both sides arguments can each be used to point towards chance or intelligence. So I’m agnostic which means I won’t commit until proof can be presented which I doubt it ever will be.

This is what makes life so interesting 🤔

• cofty
    cofty
    I would be interested if someone found the missing link or some other new discovery that could prove chance theory

Dozens of accessible books and 38 million academic papers describe hundreds of transitional forms (so called missing links). So far you have read zero. You have no interest at all.

Calling it 'chance theory' is embarrassing for you.

Try 'Why Evolution is True' by Jerry Coyle. You can get it for peanuts second hand and it could be understood by a high school child.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit