would you be more happy not knowing what you now know?

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 196 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JohnKG
    JohnKG

Truth is always painful. I don't want to be happy, I want to know.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

think it is much harder to prove god exists than to prove he doesnt. What is the criteria that would prove god exists?“

Im talking about intelligence vs chance as the start

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

The argument about how amazing DNA is and how it can be traced right back is sometimes used by evolutionists as an argument for chance and also used by the intelligent design crowd.

Sometime the more amazing we discover that biology is the more in the intelligent Design crowd say this proves it couldn’t be chance.

Some new scientists now say it had to have intelligence behind but the old school still believe Darwin’s theories or new updated theories.

A good book to read is Darwin’s first theory by Rob Wesson to really get you thinking.

Rob Wesson is a geologist. To quote him “ I’ve spent a career studying earthquakes. I’ve earned my living puzzling about them. They fascinate me. I’m an earthquake guy. But it’s not just earthquakes. It’s mountains and glaciers and volcanoes and floods and sea level and climate. I am captivated by the way the earth changes. How it’s changed in the past and how it will change in the future. And, in truth, it’s not only geology. It’s how Homo sapiens deals with these changes in particular.”

Excerpt From

Darwin's First Theory

Rob Wesson

https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewBook?id=0

This material may be protected by copyright.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

There's no way we can cheat death. We all die. But all religion and cultures throughout time have spoken and speculated about an afterlife. We hope to have a positive outcome. Many religions try to say you have to do something yourself to get to a good outcome in the afterlife, Christianity says God did something for us because humans can not do anything for ourselves to earn it. And we can't do anything to save ourselves except put faith in the *1* who can.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

I was born in so I never had the opportunity to know anything else. My regret doesn't come from knowing its wrong but the lost opportunities I had. School was miserable because I couldn't participate in anything. I couldn't have friends. I spent my weekends at meetings and field service. There was no ambition to do anything because the end was so close. It's the lost life of my younger years. I learned TTATT in my early 20s. So I missed out on what should have been some great years. I still hung around forever a decade before I quit.

• cofty
    cofty

Ex-B since you have publicly admitted to your total ignorance of the science you should stop pontificating now.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Cofty you seem very easily triggered. That was not my intention at all.

But my intention is to try to get you to use critical thinking and perhaps for once try to think outside the box.

Read books on both sides and think for yourself.

not just the books that feed your confirmation bias.

Start with Darwin’s first theory then have a think about all the theories

and always keep in mind the possibility that they could be wrong

let’s not be childish

• cofty
    cofty

Stop saying 'triggered' you're not a 16 year old purple haired girl FFS.

I have spent hundreds of hours studying both sides of the evolution creation debate. I could present the case for creationism and Intelligent Design better than anybody here. You have admitted never reading a single science book in your entire life. Stop projecting.

By the way I guarantee you haven't read the book you are recommending.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

As you know full well I never said any like that you are using the straw man technique 🤣

I have not read your specific books on biological evolution but as I have said I have read many scientific books on both sides. And as I’ve said many times whenever you try this straw man strategy, I do read a lot of books on many different subjects not just the ones that feed my confirmation bias. You should try it.

You really do make yourself sound stupid and vindictive and very childish when you try to take part of something I said out of context and twist it.

You don’t do yourself any favours if you want to come across as a level headed individual

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I’m always very wary of anyone who is absolutely certain they have the entire truth about evolution or creation.

Im even more wary of individuals who claim to be better than everyone else at something “ I could present the case for creationism and Intelligent Design better than anybody here. ” Cofty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit