would you be more happy not knowing what you now know?

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 196 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Stop being so silly SB. You are determined to strawman anybody who doesn't share your myths.

I spent most of my life as a theist. I was a born-again, evangelical, bible-believing, saved, adopted child of god, young earth creationist for a decade. I knew the bible intimately. I understood xtian doctrine better than most and even became part of the preaching team at the Baptist church I attended.

I know it's comforting to you to belittle a xtian apostate and dismiss them just as JWs do to their apostates. It comes from the same sort of fear. I think we could have some really productive conversations if you could behave more like somebody who is genuinely interested in understanding the position of their interlocutor instead of grandstanding and point scoring.

I REALLY understand your thoughts and beliefs. I was exactly the same as you. Everything you write proves you understand nothing at all about people who do not view faith as a virtue.

• cofty
    cofty

If you really want to understand my xtian past read this...

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

Curious...Did you ever come to the realization that Jesus is God in your time as a "Born again Christian" Just wondering!

• cofty
    cofty

I worshipped Jesus as my Lord and saviour.

See here...

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

Ok. But did you realize "Jesus is God" at some point? I wrestled for over 10 years as a Christian after salvation until I admitted it. Did you ever make the leap? Just say no if you didn't.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Cofty this is absolutely twisting things “I asked you how you arrived at your rejection of biological evolution and you volunteered the fact that you had never read a single book on the subject because they are all 'long and complicated'. How am I twisting things exactly?”

I said if something is true it shouldn’t need an overly complex convoluted bullshit baffles brains book written about it. Not that it was too long and complicated for me to read. You totally twisted what I said.

You also twisted things saying I rejected chance theory as the origin of the universe when I have said time and time again I’m agnostic

• cofty
    cofty

Iriddle - Yes I did. Unlike some evangelicals I think I always maintained a clearer distinction between Father and Son but I accepted the Son was eternal and fully God.

• cofty
    cofty

Okay tell me even one book you have studied on evolutionary biology. Even one. Doesn't have to be complicated one.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I'm still curious. Can you give us the title, author, and ISBN number of one of those books that is "about evolution" but "not about biological evolution"?

I'm trying to work out what "non-biological evolution" is, and maybe that book can help.”

FFghost One example is Darwin’s first theory as I talked about earlier.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Cofty “Stop being so silly SB. You are determined to strawman anybody who doesn't share your myths.”

Fixed that for you

“Stop being so silly Cofty You are determined to strawman anybody who doesn't share your myths.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit