For the Supporters of Those Who Love Jehovah

by lovesjehovah 194 Replies latest jw friends

• cappytan
    cappytan

Dear Jehovah, (in the words of Stephen Fry),

"Bone cancer in children, what’s that about? How dare you? How dare you create a world where there is such misery that’s not our fault? It’s utterly, utterly evil.
    “Why should I respect a capricious, mean-minded, stupid god who creates a world which is so full of injustice and pain?
    “The god who created this universe, if he created this universe, is quite clearly a maniac, an utter maniac, totally selfish. We have to spend our lives on our knees thanking him. What kind of god would do that?
    “Yes the world is very splendid, but it also has in it insects whose whole life cycle is to burrow into the eyes of children and make them blind.”
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Good Luck! Counting time here? LOL
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I have received death threats from former friends.

You gotta be shittin' me! How is that possible?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Fair enough, lovesjah.

BTW, I've not bullied you in any way. I've asked some difficult questions about the Old Testament, and I've persisted in asking you one question again and again - it is a discussion forum, after all.

Why have you joined this forum, lovesjah?

• lovesjehovah
    lovesjehovah

Again, this post is not for EX JWs

This site is not strictly for EX JWs

in the excerpt in green it states that I can make posts for CURRENT JWs. I can offer support for CURRENT JWs. And I'm entitled to a FRIENDLY, TOLERANT, and INFORMATIVE ENVIRONMENT. This post is to SHARE INFORMATION and MAKE NEW FRIENDS. HELLO

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I don't believe in God anymore, but I don't see why everyone has to be so harsh.

LisaRose, I don't think anyone's being harsh over a newbies belief in God, it's LJ's hypocrisy that wrankles. We were all Jehovah's Witnesses once and we just don't recognise this newcomer as genuine or representative.

Of course, JW's in 2015 will be different from the JW's of 1985 but LJ is something else entirely.

A pot stirring jerk I'd say.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I have tried other religions. Buddhism, baptist, deism, atheism, etc

Atheism is not a religion, there is no doctrine, no set of rules, no beliefs, it is simply the absence of religion, and not a claim of no god but the disbelief in one.

Since you were "trying out religions" I would take atheism out of there, because you don't really try it out then convert to something else. You were searching for religion in a void, I don't think it counts.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    The nature of this forum is that threads don't stay on the OP's topic just because it is what the OP prefers. Whether it jumps off or veers off gradually, you are just the OP, not god, God or any other deity that gets to control this place. Unless you are Simon. He owns it, literally.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou
    So are you actually claiming to be a baptised Jehovah's Witness LJ?
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    brothers---we have the new Governing Body member in our midst

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit