JWLITE

by Teddnzo 124 Replies latest jw friends

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Yes JWLITE is quiet quitting. You can now make your own rules. Think for yourself. Tell yourself the story you choose to believe.

You could fade away but keep friends that you want to keep and if like me and my wife you still choose to go to associate occasionally then that’s all part of JWLITE.

Its the best of both worlds being in and being out

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

The hard part would be not having the rest of the congregation look at you as ‘spiritually weak’

You would need to give the impression you are fully mentally in.

When I think about it, since Covid there are many who could be classed as being jw lite as they are on zoom most of the time but they are viewed as being PIMI.

things have changed because years ago you could not have done jw lite like you can today

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

it will end up like the Church of England. Millions of members--the vast majority state that as their religion if asked on a document--but havent been inside a church in their lives.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Quiet quitting is just another way of saying fading, isn't it?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@stan: this is already largely the case. Polls peg JWs at 14-16M members (extrapolating what people put down as their religious affiliation across large groups of people) but the number of “active” publishers has officially hovered about 7M for quite some time. That means that for every active dub, there is someone that is no longer participating but still considers themselves “in”. Not sure what those ratios are across other churches but for a high control cult this is rather outside the norm.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Pascal was a clever man, but his 'wager' was really just a distortion, misapplication of cost/benefit analysis.

I wear a seat belt because, though unlikely, in the event of an accident, seatbelts have been demonstrated to offer some protection. Without those conditions I would be credulous to wear seatbelts.

If for instance, my mother told me that carrying a St. Christopher medal would protect me in an accident. Pascal would suggest it is logical to carry it. Many people do just that, rationalizing that is not worth the risk not to carry one. They are not being logical; they are afraid and intellectually lazy.

Pascals, wager cannot be applied to the myriad of contradicting supernatural claims of mystics and gurus. It fails to analyze the credibility or accuracy of claims made. It merely assumes the possibility of value without making an intellectually honest assessment of it. As such the 'wager' applies equally to every supernatural claim.

Those who reason that Pascal's wager compels them to be a JW, had better consider the wager equally suggests they ought be practicing Hindu or Muslim, or Branch Davidian etc. In fact the wager suggests we do them all.

• mikronboy
    mikronboy

Would JW LITE permit one to get one's leg over occasionally?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think the general idea is that leg overs--like transfusions, smoking, gambling. boozing etc will all be left to the sinners conscience.

Less interference=more bums on seats=more money coming in.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Polls peg JWs at 14-16M members (extrapolating what people put down as their religious affiliation across large groups of people) but the number of “active” publishers has officially hovered about 7M for quite some time. That means that for every active dub, there is someone that is no longer participating but still considers themselves “in”. Not sure what those ratios are across other churches but for a high control cult this is rather outside the norm.

-

It’s nearer 9 million publishers worldwide, but as you say about 7 million active publishers. Maybe this non reporting new light will mean the inactive publishers can’t be so easily distinguished

Memorial attendance is well over 20 million but that includes unbelieving spouses and interested ones.

Yes I would guess those polls saying 14-16 million JWs globally are about right if you include hangers on.

Maybe about 5 million fully PIMO these are the Elders families and pioneers etc.

Then another 5 million go with the flow because they have family still in, and they like the association. My wife and I are in this camp and maybe this is what is being called JWLITE on Reddit. We can be called PIMQ or PIMA.

Then maybe another 5 million full job PIMO. They are only going to memorial in person and the rest of the time on zoom.

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry
    peacefulpete12 hours ago

Pascal was a clever man, but his 'wager' was really just a distortion, misapplication of cost/benefit analysis.

I wear a seat belt because, though unlikely, in the event of an accident, seatbelts have been demonstrated to offer some protection. Without those conditions I would be credulous to wear seatbelts.

If for instance, my mother told me that carrying a St. Christopher medal would protect me in an accident. Pascal would suggest it is logical to carry it. Many people do just that, rationalizing that is not worth the risk not to carry one. They are not being logical; they are afraid and intellectually lazy.

Pascals, wager cannot be applied to the myriad of contradicting supernatural claims of mystics and gurus. It fails to analyze the credibility or accuracy of claims made. It merely assumes the possibility of value without making an intellectually honest assessment of it. As such the 'wager' applies equally to every supernatural claim.

Those who reason that Pascal's wager compels them to be a JW, had better consider the wager equally suggests they ought be practicing Hindu or Muslim, or Branch Davidian etc. In fact the wager suggests we do them all.

-

Yes Pascal’s wager can be applied to anything, it’s all about the choices you make.

PeacefulPete you are right that it needs careful thought and then you make a decision based on what you know. Wearing a seatbelt is a wager that you may have wasted your time putting it on but my personal choice is that it’s worth the wager when you look at the cost benefit ratio and the chances of you regretting your wager.

Carrying a medal for good luck or protecting yourself, yes you could say it’s a wager not to carry it because you think that’s all nonsense but looking at the cost benefit ratio I would be happy to take the wager that it’s not worth carrying it.

The wager that evolution was the origin of life rather than intelligent design is nearer the seatbelt than the medal for risk to reward and maybe regret your wager in the future

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit