JWLITE

by Teddnzo 124 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Teddnzo - “…some feel disgruntled that they had it so hard for their lives, now it’s all so easy…”

They're probably the kind of parents who resent kids being “spoiled” with all the advantages and benefits of the modern era…

….not realizing that one of the whole fucking points of being a parent is to provide a better life for your kids than you had growing up.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"90 hours a month ? Thats lightweight..in my day it was 100 a month"

Luxury!

https://youtu.be/VKHFZBUTA4k?si=y475jALChXX0A-ft

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

The numbers are going down, especially younger one’s leaving. They are in full on crisis panic mode.

They are trying to go for a softer, gentler easier JW religion. Easing restrictions like beards, no more reporting hours. The changes to meeting formats means hardly any preparation needed.

You can be an elder these days zero preparation needed, just turn up on the day and give your item, everything is in the meeting workbook it’s all on rails.

Meetings and ministry are hybrid zoom now, everything is easier. Trying to slow the bleeding of numbers.

Young ones don’t need to get baptised, they can take up the offer of last minute repentance if what the GB teach turns out to be correct. These young ones can get upto all sorts of normal things that young ones do and as long as not baptised there is nothing the elders can do

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

The trend is clear, a less restrictive easier religion.

They have to do something to stop the exodus.

So if even the official JW way is what many will be calling JWlite, those who want to be even lighter can be called JWlighter still 🤣

Saturday mornings will be just a good old zoom get together, a few may occasionally go out on field service but not do that much.

Meetings will continue to be hybrid sometimes around 50% on zoom and 50% in person. Have a goal to try to get to in person meetings at least 12 times a year and especially the memorial, then you are doing really well 👏

No more shunning, birthdays are a borderline just call them happy days and don’t draw attention too much when you celebrate them. Same with most things that used to cause trouble now just do it but don’t make a big deal about it.

Most couples are not entirely first timers on their wedding night if you know what I mean, I think if honest numbers could be known hardly any couples can say that. But they just keep it quiet and this is what needs to be done with everything.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

M.M writes -Apparently, watchtower used to think unfavorably regarding “new light”. But, just as with excommunication, or disfellowshipping/shunning as jws call it, they discovered it is useful to control and keep their followers.

*** w52 2/1 pp. 80-81 par. 13 Jehovah’s Theocratic Organization Today ***

13 There are some who seem to dote on speculations. They love to be the talking center of little groups, voicing their theories on how or when this or that is going to happen. They may not be deliberately rebellious about what the slave provides, but if they can offer only what the slave has already supplied they do not stand out. How can they shine personally if they merely reflect what all others of Jehovah’s witnesses are reflecting? So they seek for something more sensational, for some “new light” to dazzle unwary listeners. As they feed the open-mouthed listeners their line of new theories, the listeners by their rapt attention feed the ego of the speculators. When someone else begins to do the talking and occupies the spotlight, the speculator loses interest in the conversing group and drifts on. These speculating ones may acknowledge that some of their past theories were wrong, but they do not show they have learned the lesson from these mistakes by refraining from bringing forth new theories. Their longing to be viewed as an independent and deep thinker is stronger than their desire to be theocratic.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1952083&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=17

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    Most couples are not entirely first timers on their wedding night if you know what I mean, I think if honest numbers could be known hardly any couples can say that. But they just keep it quiet and this is what needs to be done with everything.

i was,,thanks to the indoctrination..but i wish i had " jumped the gun"--it might have prevented the worst mistake of my life

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Vanderhoven7

This is the gB perfectly describing themselves “ So they seek for something more sensational, for some "new light" to dazzle unwary listeners. As they feed the open-mouthed listeners their line of new theories, the listeners by their rapt attention feed the ego of the speculators.”

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

There are still the hardliners, who tell parents off because their kids are not zealots who just want cleaning jobs so they can pioneer. Those parents just say they don’t want their children to struggle like they did because they only got cleaning jobs to pioneer.

the two new younger members of the GB seem to mark a new period of JWlite. The load is getting lighter and the yoke is far more comfortable.

Otherwise there won’t be enough sisters left to do microphones let alone brothers

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ExBetheliteNowPIMA - “…Otherwise there won’t be enough sisters left to do microphones, let alone brothers…”

Suddenly, I’m picturing the whole meeting being done by one poor burnt-out old guy…

…literally saying all the prayers, giving all the talks, reading the paragraphs, zipping across to the back to operate the audio system, and running around with the mic, Oprah-style, or maybe just even answering the questions himself.

😅

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

We had a weirdo elder just like that in an old hall.

He's the congregation co-ordinator now - total wackjob!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit