JWLITE

by Teddnzo 124 Replies latest jw friends

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

So we can all agree the GB are very very wrong about some things.

This reinforces the new JWLITE idea.

Get the good things about being physically in. Stay mentally out. Give a tick every month that you talked about the Bible to someone at least once a month but never do door to door anymore unless you want to do ten mins once a blue moon.

Go to meetings in person occasionally if you feel like it as it’s cheaper than going to the pub. Keep going to all the social gatherings and join zoom meetings and ministry groups in your pyjama bottoms and slippers with a nice cuppa.

Most importantly ignore all of what the GB say. Openly tell people that the GB are not inspired and they do get things wrong. Quote the GB “we should not be dogmatic we just don’t know”

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

What would happen I wonder if this new JW lite idea was openly talked about?

What if people in the congregation actually talked about this change no need to go on the ministry anymore unless you are pioneering?

No need to follow direction better to think for yourself?

The elders wouldn’t like it and there would be lots of local needs. Maybe the GB would do a flip flop on the last AGM?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

If people begin to challenge the GB, expect a lot of pressure from elders for that to stop immediately, and scripted talks reminding the rank and file that the GB is the F&DS and that Jehovah guides the congregation through them, and so on. The word "apostasy" will probably be used.

Don't get me wrong- I openly encourage current JWs -especially PIMI JWs- to question the leadership and try to make sense of the recent updates and changes. The more questions they ask, the more opportunities they have to examine the answers. And hopefully many of them will find the answers unsatisfying.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They might have STATED “we are not inspired, and we get things wrong” and “we can’t be dogmatic because we don’t know”, BUT THEY DON’T MEAN IT! And I don’t believe you’ll ever see it be put into practice.

Similarly, they had statements made under oath before the Canadian Court that anyone who is DF/DA is NOT shunned in any way other than being excluded from “spiritual matters”. That was, and is clearly a blatant lie and total bullshit.

Rather, I think what will REALLY be put into practice will continue to be “OBEY US, even if it doesn’t seem rational”, followed up with “Do you believe that Jehovah is using the GB to direct his people today.“

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"Do you believe that Jehovah is using the GB to direct his people today?"

Any negative response will lead to a j.c. with a subsequent dfing.

The Borg is getting meaner.

If you,,avoid these conversations,,,especially when 2.eldubs want to meet with you.

Even by thinking,,,having doubts,,eldubs use these tactics to "sniff" you out. To find "doubters".

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I don’t know about that. The WTower study last Sunday openly talked about the fact that many young ones doubt the doctrine. P5 said “teenager I started to doubt my parents were teaching me the true religion and that the Bible was inspired by God”

They really are talking about this openly. And the answer is calm discussions in the congregation.

This is the new JWLITE

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    They really are talking about this openly. And the answer is calm discussions in the congregation

Hmmm. Talk is cheap, I'd like to see this new direction spelled out in print in a publicly available publication.

• PetrW
    PetrW

@ExBethelitenowPIMA

This is the new JWLITE

I think you mean well. There could be several scenarios. The best one, in my opinion, would be that GB and all the elders around the world would call all the JWs together on one day and one hour and say, we are calling you here and now on the basis of legitimacy, which we will not have after this meeting is over!

All our legitimacy, whether organizational (official) or theological, derived from predictions concerning 1914 and all directly or secondarily related topics, ceases at the moment of its announcement. We are no more than you are, even because of our guilt - whether direct or indirect, we ask all JWs or ex-JWs, as well as their family members, for deep forgiveness.

Because the chronological speculation for 1914 is flawed in every single point of which it is composed, and because Christ did not follow that date, did not appoint anyone to any administration, did not begin the last days, none of the things we have ever claimed to have happened since the beginning of our interpretations of Revelation or the book of Daniel ever took place, so there have never been any anointed ones among us who were led by Christ, and if there were after all, we do not know for sure. The actual feelings of those who claimed this about themselves are no guarantee to others that they must accept them as such. Worse still, if by their attitudes or even statements, they prevented others from entering into heavenly fellowship with Christ, because they were probably not in any fellowship with Christ themselves.

Therefore, there have been very, very many who, on the basis of our false teachings, have felt that they should not pursue the hope of heaven, even though their exemplary lives and sacrifices have often exceeded our own sacrifices. Many of those who have insultingly referred to others as "other sheep" have never borne the load of those whom we have scornfully excluded because, in harmony with Christ, they have felt that we are false apostles. Our guilt cannot be described well enough as it affects millions of people and their families, even entire countries. For many, because of us, the Bible or Christ has become synonymous with bigotry, hatred and stupidity.

End of dream. 😊 Of course, that probably won't happen, and if it does, it will affect individuals rather than entire communities. But who knows...😊 The more likely scenario is that they "cement" their position due to the realization of their fallibility. For most members, even their admission will be the signal that only with the strong and under God's guidance, will they admit their guilt - and maintain their power. Admission of guilt, then, is an instrument for the consolidation of power. We know it so well from politics: trying to "fight" one's sins is here seen as an act of extraordinary moral strength.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

PetrW I absolutely love your post. Of course it will never happen like that but what is happening is a slow indirect change saying ‘about 1914’ when they never said that before.

Could anyone count the times this fraise was used at the AGM “we can’t be dogmatic we just don’t know” by all members of the GB.

This is a significant change and will apply to oll the old doctrine made up by now dead people. This new GB have inherited old doctrine that is long out of date.

I can see this new JWLITE really being appealing with all things slowly becoming “we just don’t know”

this appeals to me and is the conclusion I have come to about the really big questions like how did the universe originate?

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Nico “I'd like to see this new direction spelled out in print in a publicly available publication.”

I can assure you this is what the Watchtower said P5 last Sunday. My jaw was on the floor.

P5 said “teenager I started to doubt my parents were teaching me the true religion and that the Bible was inspired by God”

They really are talking about this openly. And the answer is calm discussions in the congregation.

Please don’t take my word for it confirm it for yourself. This is also a significant change. It’s almost encouraging especially young ones to come forward and admit they don’t believe it. Then calmly taking about it which could take years even decades I suppose.

but the point is everyone is starting to talk about the fact that it may not be true which is very encouraging. 😀

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit