JWLITE

by Teddnzo 124 Replies latest jw friends

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Teddnzo: All you have to do is become inactive or almost inactive, do as much or as little as you want or feel like. But don’t leave altogether.

I may have asked this before, but isn't this basically PIMO?

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Yes but you don’t have to be completely mentally out. Take what you like. If you like parts of the religion then keep those

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

My wife Zo and I like parts of JW. We love the association and the high moral standards. Although they go overboard with that so we take what we like and disregard the rest.

We like having the Bible as a guide which centres and grounds you.

It’s actually great doing the weekly Bible reading but not just from a JW point of view. We do deep study on what all kinds of Bible scholars say. But we actually love talking to other members of the congregation about the weekly Bible reading and it is very beneficial. At the moment we are going through Job and we have an open mind, if it’s literal or just a story either way it’s interesting to study and see what we can learn from it all.

Also having a hope in something better is better than no hope.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@Teddnzo

so what will you do when your elders find out your on apostate sites--and talk to other congregation members ?

• Leathercrop
    Leathercrop

so what will you do when your elders find out your on apostate sites--and talk to other congregation members ?

Its obvious Ted doesn't play by the 'rules'. And I agree with him, that you can believe and live your life anyway you see fit. The idea of embracing certain aspects of the JW faith works especially if you've been in it most of your life. Things are always changing and an absolute cutting off of the religion seems less likely, but possible. In fact all of us here are still mentally tied to it in some form or another. We are not completely indifferent.

• ElderBerry
    ElderBerry

“what will you do when your elders find out your on apostate sites--and talk to other congregation members ?“

Q. Is it a judicial matter if a baptised publisher openly says they sometimes read apostate websites? If that’s all they admit to, and they can’t be accused of causing division in the congregation? Or they openly admit to the elders that they have doubts about 1914 and if that was wrong then doubts about almost everything? But they will not talk to others in any way that they could be accused of apostasy or causing divisions?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

ElderBerry: Is it a judicial matter if a baptised publisher openly says they sometimes read apostate websites?

I don't know if it would automatically be handled that way. But when I was in, that would have been a red flag for everyone else. At the very least, such a person would get a 'friendly' talking to, mostly in order to find out why they would do something so 'dangerous' and to gauge if they were a potential problem for the congregation.

Does the organization view such behavior differently now? Apostates were always the easy villain for warning the rank and file not to listen to anything that wasn't from the GB.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Lots of things that used to be red flags are pretty much a given now. Things have changed so much lately. DVD collection music collections can display things that when I was growing up could never have gotten away with.

The ministry is so much easier or practically non existent these days. Even the hard liners just do ten mins then coffee break. Most don’t even do the ten mins.

So the entire organisation is slowly turning to JW Lite, in a stealth way. Zoom changed everything. It always used to be the ‘can you do even more approach’ Now the approach is that Jehovah wants us to be happy and have joy so let’s just have coffee break after ten mins. Let’s stay on zoom every other meeting.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

It is a good question how far you can go questioning the GBs direction without being accused of causing division? I think the answer is pretty far if it’s done the correct way.

You would be perfectly fine quoting the AGM 2023 that “the GB are not inspired and not infallible. So maybe they made a mistake saying the vaccines were from Jehovah and maybe they were wrong when they said would Jehovah help all his full time servants get fully vaccinated if they were not safe?”

You could even voice your concerns that maybe the direction was wrong to not go for further education and get better job? Maybe the GB got it wrong when they said millions now living will never die. Maybe our generation will grow old in this system and that would mean the GB got it wrong.

Notice I keep saying maybe and not definitely. Then you could not get accused of causing division.

You could say maybe the GB are wrong about 1914. But always say something nice about them in the end, well they are just imperfect brothers and they have admitted they are not inspired and they do get things wrong. They are doing their best.

what would happen if a number of people openly spoke this way? It really is happening in circles that Zo and I are in. Sometimes we go even further than this with the right ones.

but some say to us “well yes maybe we are not correct about the 1914 thing, but it’s still the truth.”

I think there will be the regular JWLITE and then the even more lighter version of JWLITE we’re ones don’t think it is the truth at all, but just about stay physically in and completely mentally out.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The way I see it, JWLite kinda defeats the whole purpose of staying.

Full participation - which includes subscribing to the belief system - is crucial in shoring up the mental conditioning of the average rank-and-filer…

…but the more a still-in picks and chooses what he wants and rejects what he doesn’t, the faster that conditioning wears off, and full unsubscribing becomes inevitable.

You can’t help but reach the point where you wonder why you’re keeping any of it at all.

I could be wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit