JWLITE

by Teddnzo 124 Replies latest jw friends

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Vidiot it’s a very good thing to pick and choose what makes sense to you. Full unsubscribing is not inevitable at all. A lot of us love the idea of the Bibles promises have some form of truth to them.

Personally I have hope that the Bible is Gods word and even though we don’t really understand it all, perhaps the hope of something better is better than no hope at all.

The GB are clearly wrong about much if not almost everything. But the hope the Bible promises may have to truth to it, or maybe not at all. I’m comfortable in not knowing.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Oddly enough--when i got any remaining ties severed--by them--in 1981, i never gave it a thought that it was NOT the truth--just that i didnt want to be a member of it. Its only really since ive been on here over the last 12 years or so, ive come to realise it really isnt the true religion at all. Its just a big business with a few million members.

In my mind--there is no such thing as a real live god--only a long history of men who believed there is.-but that proves nothing--just confirms that man made god to explain what men didnt understand .

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

Yes they are in full panic mode. Slowly becoming JWlite following all recommendations by apostates, we should be paid royalties and sue for plagiarism!

There could be the regular JWLITE which is what Borg is becoming and and super light JWLITE where you are irregular but still keep your hand in as it were.

After the new light on facial hair, next new light on U turn on vaccine mandates for all schools? They still haven’t done this and the longer they leave it seems JWs are the only ones left on Earth keep going to get the booster jabs every six months.

They keep using the first century circumcised issue. Well in the end that was concluded with neutrality. You can have the medical procedure if you want but you don’t have to.

To start with they said you have to have it then they did a U turn. They have done a U turn on beards and so many other things now how long before the U turn on having to be fully vaccinated?

After that a U turn on better education, blood transfusions being a conscience matter, birthdays, sisters having teaching parts, only one in person meeting per week the rest on zoom.

Lightening up requirements for appointment in congregations, lowering the age again so teenagers can be elders? Possibly as they have moved towards this in recent new light announcements

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

JW lite is--in fact--nothing new.

Back in the 60s i knew lots of male dubs who fitted the bill completely: dragged along by their wives, never answering up, no door knocking, no ministry school, many smoked. Some only ever showed up on nisan14--to get their card stamped.

Rubber dubs.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I know these changes making the JW religion into ‘JWLITE’ must be a disappointment to some hardliners there.. There must be a lot of conflicting and bad emotions for some - maybe because they sacrificed so much for ‘commands of men ‘.

But, as many have speculated, the religion probably wants to hold onto whatever people it has left. Only time will tell if these tactics work.

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

Yes the GB even addressed this longhairgal, when they sarcastically said “but that’s not fair”!

They never gave any reprieve to those hardliners who did the JW heavy for decades even lifetimes.

Now the JWLITE means no ministry required, lightening up on everything. You can have a beard you can stay on zoom when you feel like plus an often overlooked element to JWLITE is the control of morality aspect.

These days requirements for entertainment and leisure activities are far different from decades past. Some digital nomads are never at their congregations where their record cards are but are constantly travelling. This would have been frowned upon before JWLITE.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Yes it is so JWLITE now.

I wonder if the wt have now got so much money from the worldwide sales of all the kingdom halls that they just don't care anymore??

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Ron the entire attitude to everything is JW lite. You don’t need to do all the things you used to, and you don’t have to avoid the things we used to avoid.

Its a good thing all round but as has been said, some feel disgruntled that they had it so hard for their lives, now it’s all so easy.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Good points Teddnzo.

In my younger days I regular auxiliary pioneered for a number of years. I was doing 60 hours plus in the ministry every single month.

My job and hours were awful. But I got constant questioning, nagging and sarcastic comments from elders doing around 10 hours a month about why I wasn't a 'regular pioneer'..

I killed myself and became a regular pioneer doing 90 hrs a month - now how many hours do pioneers have to do???

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@Ron W

90 hours a month ? Thats lightweight..in my day it was 100 a month

plus 3 days a week cleaning windows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit