JWLITE

by Teddnzo 124 Replies latest jw friends

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Even Elders can be part of the new JW LITE brigade these days. They don’t need to go on door to door anymore and there is no requirement for anything really.

taking meeting parts is all dead easy you could turn up on the day with zero preparation because it’s all in the meeting workbook.

quarterly elders meetings are just old men having a good old natter just like old men do down the pub.

congregations could be likened to pubs or bars these days just without the drinks, those come at other times.

No need for territory maps, these almost went away with covid letter writing now they are extremely slow getting finished as those who still go door to door only do ten mins.

You could even voice your questions these days about things the GB say and then just say “we can’t be dogmatic we just don’t know”

I predict they will say this about 1914 soon.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

Here is a thought what if this new JWLITE is by design so that many exJWs come back? Even many on here say ok this new JWLITE is ok as long as we can quote the GB “we can’t be dogmatic we just don’t know”

you don’t shun anyone you don’t want to. You live by Bible standards but you decide and you take everything the GB say with a pinch of salt

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The o/p is a little extreme but , yes it is far easier to be a dub these days . That’s if you are not motivated to “ seek first the Kingdom “ , you can tread water quite happily.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Don't be fooled. For as long as the religion endorses shunning, treats women as 2nd class human beings who should be in 'subjection' to their husbands, indoctrinates it's members with prejudice against gay folks, preaches anti-science and abuses the minds of children with a demons/Armageddon worldview it is still harmful and must be countered, however mainstream it may appear.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

There was a saying, I don't recall where I first read it: if you mix equal parts ice cream and dog poop, the result will taste more like dog poop than ice cream.

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

The entire pint of JWLITE is you take what you like and I gone what you don’t.

this AGM says you can repent last min if you were wrong.

As long as you get more out of JWLITE than you put into it then it’s well worth it.

Some fantastic folks in the congregation and having the basic principles of the Bible makes life even better.

this new lite version means you

rake what you like and leave what you don’t like. Basically ignore the GB, this is the lint of JWLITE😁👏

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Until the Borg changes its policies and becomes more Christian,,it is harmful and has to face head-on resistance.

As nicolaou stated a few posts back.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

No matter how much they dilute it, unless they go all the way I would question what would be the attraction? Why would you want to join? Why not be Catholic, Orthodox or mainline Protestant and get your holidays and birthdays and so forth?

The big draw and I say that with dripping sarcasm was based in being different and elect with an early expiration date. If you are going to move in from the fringe towards more mainstream faiths, I fail to see the much to recommend JW-Lite.

• Ding
    Ding

If you take away the guilt and fear motivations, what's left of the WT religion?

Because of that, I still believe the elders will crack the whip with regard to field service, meeting attendance, and the like.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

This Borg as we know it will cease to exist the day the fear and guilt are removed.

Thats the root of the Borgs power & control. Those 2 elements.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit