Breaking News - NK Missile Overflies Japan

by cofty 114 Replies latest social current

• smiddy
    smiddy

Will , or could Japan take action on their own , in a millitary sense ? After all it is their territorial space that was violated.Are they handicapped by America ?

What country wants foreign powers missiles flying through their air space.?

The big question is what will China do with NK,? if anything.And if they dont what are the consequences ?

The potential is NK provoking the USA And China into a confrontation,and I dont think either side wants that to happen.

All it needs is some imperfect human to make a miscalculation and all hell could break loose .

Interesting times ahead I see.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

China will continue doing what they have done for 40 years: nothing. They are filling the pacific with fake islands to make claims against international law and are building their own pacific fleet.

Waiting for China to magically change 40 years of foreign policy is a hare-brained Obama idea.

The US can either act or not. Not acting means they will be shooting ICBMs across the US continent within a decade.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    Waiting for China to magically change 40 years of foreign policy is a hare-brained Obama idea.

I don't know if that is in response to my comment, but who said anything about "waiting"? To get China to act, the international community might need to apply some firm persuasion on the issue, probably through the threat of international trade restrictions or sanctions on China itself, or some other such means. Also, China is probably not comfortable with missiles that close to cities such as Beijing and Shanghai, in any event.

The US can either act or not. Not acting means they will be shooting ICBMs across the US continent within a decade.
    True, but what action are you proposing? A military action? Are you aware Seoul is well within NK artillery range?
  • hothabanero
    hothabanero

@shepheardless: What china is not interested in is North Korean regime change == united AND nuclear Korea AND american troops right on its border. Crazy kim is doing something useful for china which is why he will remain in place.

This magic "pressure" on china everyone is talking about sounds like the philosophers stones to me. But sure, let the UN write an angry letter to china every month and 5 years down the line the might agree to write an angry letter to North Korea at which point Obama will ride in on winged and naked Hillary Clinton to slay crazy Kim &all liberals will stop being virgins lol. I am sure it will happen!

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@shepheardless: Yes, I am aware North Korea can shoot at Soul with shitty artillery from the 70s leading to a few thousands of deaths before they are blown to pieces.

Are you aware every major US city will be within nuclear ICBM range within a few years if we continue on this path?

For some reason, liberals are asking me to be completely and utterly paralyzed by the first fact, but treat the second like it is of no concern and leave the solution entirely to the Chinese.

Here is how it is going to play out:

China *might* increase sanctions on North Korea.

Then North Korea get nuclear ICBMs.

Then North Korea threaten to nuke LA and shoot a few of them across the US for good measure to show they mean business.

Then all liberals suddenly find themselves totally paralyzed by a REAL threat of nuclear annihilation (not just ancient artillery pointed to a city in the Far East I personally don't give all that many fucks about compared to New York)

Then North Korea are free to invade South Korean provinces while we discuss ways to tell china to tell north korea we would rather they didn't; which they perhaps will or won't, depending on how busy they are filling the pacific with artificial islands to claim everything west of Hollywood is really Chinese.

Then liberals will remain puzzled why things turn to shit when you bow to dictators, blame white men, and tweet.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor
    Now is the time Kim Jong needs to be taken out. But the tried and tested method always consists of supporting a rebel, help him into power, fund his new government then watch as they just become the new dictatorship of that country.
  • cobweb
    cobweb
    Will , or could Japan take action on their own , in a millitary sense ? After all it is their territorial space that was violated.Are they handicapped by America ?

Japan is hampered by article 9 of their constitution which was adopted after WW2.

ARTICLE 9. (1) Aspiring sincerely to an international peace based on justice and order, the Japanese people forever renounce war as a sovereign right of the nation and the threat or use of force as means of settling international disputes.
    (2) In order to accomplish the aim of the preceding paragraph, land, sea, and air forces, as well as other war potential, will never be maintained. The right of belligerency of the state will not be recognized.

They do have some military force which they will use for defensive purposes. They are discussing revising article 9 but its a divisive issue.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

There sre deep cultural divisions between the Japanese and Chinese that mean china dosent give a damn about kim threatening japan. No help from them on this one. The sticky wicket on this is that the US cares very much about japan and so cant allow kim to continue to threaten them.

Again, good job to dwight and every president since who ignored and in some cases fueled this situation. Good thing we made sure iran wouldnt get a nuke....

• cofty
    cofty

Military experts predict hundreds of thousands of deaths in South Korea in the event of a conventional attack by NK.

Hothead might not give a fuck about them but most people recognize that this risk cannot be so blithely dismissed.

• cobweb
    cobweb

I knew a really friendly Chinese guy. He was a student from Beijing, I really liked him. It came as a real shock to hear his views on the Japanese. I've never heard such openly racist speech. It was directed toward all Japanese people, young and old. It was very jarring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit