questions for SwordOfJah and others like him

by SpiceItUp 102 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

STINKYPANTZ:

You have made a good point. But the quest was if I consider the Watchtower an "inspired prophet". I do not. By "inspired prophet" it is suggested that everything the Watchtower publishes is coming directly from Jehovah or inspired by holy spirit. And this is incorrect.

The "Insight" volume explains the meaning of a "prophet":

PROPHET

One through whom divine will and purpose are made known. (Lu 1:70; Ac 3:18-21) Although the etymology of the Hebrew term for a prophet (na·vi´´) is uncertain, the use of this distinctive term shows that true prophets were no ordinary announcers but were spokesmen for God, ‘men of God’ with inspired messages. (1Ki 12:22; 2Ki 4:9; 23:17) They stood in God’s "intimate group," and he revealed his "confidential matter" to them.—Jer 23:18; Am 3:7; 1Ki 17:1; see SEER.

The Greek pro·phe´tes literally means "a speaker out [Gr., pro, "before" or "in front of," and phe·mi´, "say"]" and thus describes a proclaimer, one who makes known messages attributed to a divine source. (Compare Tit 1:12.) Though this includes the thought of a predictor of the future, the fundamental meaning of the word is not that of prediction. (Compare Jg 6:7-10.) Nonetheless, living in harmony with God’s will requires that the individual know what Jehovah’s revealed purposes for the future are so that he may bring his ways, desires, and goals into line with the divine will. Hence, in the great majority of cases, the Biblical prophets did convey messages that were, directly or indirectly, related to the future.

See, not every single word out of the prophet's mouth was inspired. Certain messages were. The same with the Faithful and Discreet Slave class.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Quoting the same document, you omited:

"The Congress is forbidden from passing any law establishing or prohibiting any religion."

You also wrote:

The watchtower published:

Mexico. On July 16, 1992, Blah, blah, blah , blah, blah, blah , blah, blah, blah , blah, blah, blah , blah,

blah .—See Awake!, July 22, 1994, pages 12-14.

Please stick with the facts, not cultish propaganda. As you have admited above, the WT did not register as a religious organization until such organizations were allowed to OWN property. Period

• shamus
    shamus

SWORD OF JAH!

YOUR WATCHTOWER SOCIETY SAYS THAT YOU ARE GOING TO DIE FOR TALKING WITH US! BOY, DOES THE TRUTH HURT. YOU CANNOT EVEN RESPOND TO ME, AND YOU SHOW HOW MUCH OF A COWARD YOU REALLY ARE. YOU ARE DEAD UNLESS YOU CONFESS YOUR SINS TO YOUR ELDERS IN YOUR HALL.

DO YOU FINALLY SEE WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING TO YOU IN LIKE THE LAST 2 POSTS? WHY DON'T YOU DISFELLOWSHIP JESUS, TOO. WE KNOW YOU ARE WRONG, AND YOU KNOW IT TOO. YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A COWARD BY NOT FOLLOWING YOUR OWN ADVICE AND SEEKING OUT SPIRITUAL COUNCEL FROM YOUR ELDERS. YOU ARE GOING TO DIE AT ARMAGEDDON.

Do you hear me now? Isn't that the most stupidest thing you have ever heard? Don't be so bloody thick-headed. I would have told on you in as a jehovah's witness if I knew that you were on this website, as would

EVERY ONE OF YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS RIGHT NOW.

GO BACK TO LAMER SCHOOL OR WAKE UP!

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

SOJ,

Out of curiousity... you come to this forum, so obviously you use it for one of two reasons: To strengthen your own faith by having to do all the research on questions we post on the forum, or

You want to see what life is like on the "dark" side. But here's my question to you.

We all joined the JW faith with the thought in mind that we'd found the true religion... now, do you think in all honesty that the true religion would have to be DEFENDED so very much? I mean, the society changed it's mind on much more pertinent information... life threatening info, like whether or not certain types of blood substitutes could be used in transfusions... do you truly think that a God of Love would have such a rule? Over something like whether or not blood is ok?

And what about shunning... How is it loving to cast off those who are in need of help, and cost them their families, friends, relationships, and personal security while out in public? There's no love in shunning, and very very very few people return after experiencing it...

Also, we're all human, we all have personal sin... doesn't the simple fact that if even one elder knew that you posted on an ex-jw forum you would be severely counseled, reproved, and possibly disfellowshipped for 'sitting at the same table with demons."??

No animosity, SOJ, I'm a peaceful person and you know it. Just curious, though. Because I think you post on here to see what it's like after one chooses to leave... and I think you want to leave, and so you eavesdrop on here to see what it's like... but I watch you, and you defend the society so much... I just wondered if you realized how much time you spend defending an organizations mistakes, and if you thought that could really be the real true religion... Anyway, best to you.

• borgfree
    borgfree

SwordofJah,

Your statement:

See, not every single word out of the prophet's mouth was inspired. Certain messages were. The same with the Faithful and Discreet Slave class.

That's true, but all of God's people were not required to accept every word a prophet said, under threat of punishment, for not preaching the prophets wrong words. The WT does require acceptance of their wrong teachings, and, even requires that a JW preach those wrong teachings.

Borgfree

• Gerard
    Gerard

SOJ,

Regarding your answer to the original question #5 about the comming of Armageddon in the 20th century, the WT's doctrine was based on this prophesy. It did not happen. And this is what YOU had to say:

So what? I'm surprised that it was not caught before publication, but oh well. But what can we do? >>>SOJ

And there is the Beth-Sarim Mansion owned, and operated by the WT in San Diego and used by Joe Rutherford in the 1920’s. Member's were told it was built as a residence for Enoch and other holy men from the Bible when they were expected to rise from the dead in 1925. But the fact is that Rutheford spent the rest of his alcoholic life in that house and when he died the WT sold it as any other pice of "worldly property. "

It is unbelievable that you forgive this cult for the damages and spiritual abuses it imposes on its honest members. These abuses will continue untill people like you hold them to account for their lies. Saying "oh well" is not acceptable to a person of your intelligence.

• shamus
    shamus

REMEMBER SWORD OF JAH - YOU ARE GOING TO DIE AT ARMAGEDDON UNLESS YOU REPENT!!

WTS.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

SOJ--First I wanted to thank you for answering my questions with WT reasoning. I am lacking for time currently but I do have more questions about your answers that I will look into at more depth when my time allows for me to do so.

Everyone I have to say that SOJ reminds me of YouKnow on this thread and while I do not agree with him in any way I think we should at least respect his attempts at holding a discussion.

• shamus
    shamus

Hi Spiceitup,

Sorry to be such a geek and taking over your thread. This guy just needs to leave us alone, and stop coming here. Sorry if I left a sour taste in your mouth - I am not fanatical, although my posts infer otherwise. Sometimes it takes that kind of reasoning to wake someone out of their trance. By coming here this guy just shows that he is a hypocrite.

Take care.

• be wise
    be wise

SwordOfJah, your answers are crap!

They are typical JW fact that you can get from any Watchtower. This is a discussion forum not a read from a book and don’t look at it from anybody else’s point of view forum.

Can we have some other JW’s on here please?

You don’t have the ability to discuss things of this nature intelligently because you live in an information vacuum, if you can’t be open enough to see someone else’s point of view then you can’t intelligently form your own, unless someone else tells you how.

I feel sorry for you actually, I really do.

Bye.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit