questions for SwordOfJah and others like him

by SpiceItUp 102 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

I honestly want your answers to the following questions. (I am trying to find out what JW's think on these things to determine what my parents may say in response if I ask them any of these)

Question #1

Can individuals read & understand the Bible alone, or do they need an organization and it’s publications to do so?

Question #2

Can Jehovah’s Witness hold and discuss openly with other Jehovah’s Witnesses opinions that differ from orthodox Watch Tower doctrine? Is there any valid reason for a person to decide that he does not wish to belong to the Jehovah’s Witnesses?

Question #3

What is God’s proper name “Yahweh” or “Jehovah”? if “Yahweh” is more proper, is it showing the proper respect to “Yahweh” to say that because “Jehovah” is more commonly used it does not matter how you pronounce the name? And, should an religion that puts so much emphasis on the name of God use any other version than the proper pronunciation?

Question #4

Did President Fred Franz get an Rhodes Scholarship offer from the Rhodes Scholarship organization? If not, why did he testify under oath that he was offered one, and why was this information published in Watch Tower publications?

Question #5

Did the Watch Tower and the Governing Body currently teach that Armageddon will come before the close of the twentieth century according to information published in the January 1, 1989 Watch Tower? Also, why were the dates in the article changed to not be specific to the twentieth century when it was published in the bound form at the end of the year?

Question #6

Did the Watch Tower and the Governing body believe and publish information that Jesus’s 1000 year millenial reign would take place in 1975?

Question #7

Did the Watch Tower and the Governing Body believe that in or around 1925 there would be an awakening of Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and others mentioned in the eleventh chapter of Hebrews, and that there would be an end to death at that time?

Question #8

Did the Watch Tower and the Governing Body believe that the year 1914 was the beginning of the Armageddon of the Scriptures?

Question #9

Is any portion of the Watch Tower or the Governing Body to be considered a prophet of God, or the voice of God? Do the Governing Body or its associated corporations have better information from God or have a more direct channel to or from God’s thoughts than others? If this is true why has God changed his opinion, based on Watchtower teachings, so many times in Watch Tower history?

Question #10

Why were the Jehovah’s Witnesses in Mexico at one time told to not use Bibles, not hold prayers, not sing religious songs, and deny that they were part of a religious group, but were simply part of a “Cultural” group even though religious groups were not in any way prohibited by the Mexican government at the time? Did it have anything to do with the Watch Tower or the Governing Body’s desire to own property in Mexico, which was prohibited under Mexican law, rather than be known as a religion?

Question #11

Was Beth-Sarim, the Mansion owned and operated by the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society in San Diego and used by Joe Rutherford in the 1920’s built as a residence for Enoch and other holy men from the Bible when they were expected to rise from the dead in 1925 by the Watch Tower?
  • SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

I assume that your parents are Jehovah's Witnesses. Therefore, they are my spiritual brother and sister. I will not provide ammo for your use so that you can manipulate them by saying "I know what you're going to say...". That wouldn't be loving on my part.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    That wouldn't be loving on my part.

• dubla
    dubla
    I assume that your parents are Jehovah's Witnesses. Therefore, they are my spiritual brother and sister. I will not provide ammo for your use so that you can manipulate them by saying "I know what you're going to say...". That wouldn't be loving on my part.

translation: i cant answer those questions honestly without making the witnesses look bad. aa

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

You misunderstand my intentions then SOJ. It is not providing ammo if those are legitimate questions with answers that do not embarass you.

BTW--by your response it would appear that either you don't know the answers yourself of you are scared of it. If that is not true then you have nothing to lose by answering them. The truth is not unloving is it?

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

I would like to see documentation of question 5 above.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Looks like my guess at what they would say was right....

Stick their fingers in their ears and say "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH" till the questions end and then say I will not give your lies the satisfaction of a response.

• be wise
    be wise

Did 'SpiceItUp' say he was gonna use it as so called 'ammo', your judging the guy before you even know him.

Maybe SpiceItUp just wants to be able to give a clear and honest answer on these matters much like the reasoning book gives situations so as you are in a postion to give a clear answer on what you believe. Or do you view this as 'ammo' to convert people with!

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

To be honest my dad is willing to discuss this stuff with me. I just want to know a like mind will say so that I don't lookl ike a fool if I come unprepared.

SOJ---would it not also be loving of you to help me out. I am not DF'd nor DA'd therefore it is not wrong for you to participate in questions with me.

gcc2k---- I will PM the website I found these questions on. You might be able to ask them. I looked for the actual magazine in my parents literature but didnt find that year either in magazine or volume form.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

be wise--- I am Female

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit