questions for SwordOfJah and others like him

by SpiceItUp 102 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• be wise
    be wise

Watchtower Society

ANNOUNCING OUR OWN PHARISAIC PERFECTION

It’s a crumbling!!!!!!!!!!!

...about time.

Bob Dylan should write a song about this!

• JT
    JT

Conversations among JWs are common in regards to Bible prophesy, for example I recently had an interesting conversation with an elder about the King of the North and the evidence of Bible Prophecy fulfillments in todays news.

Our poster SwordofJah has indicated that "Speculation" of bible prophecy is common among jw- IN FACT HE SITES HIMSELF AMONG SUCH ONES

yet his own GB tells him to spend more time preaching and less time speculation-

so once again he DOESN'T even know what his own religion teaches about a practice that he admits is very common among jw---

DON'T YOU LOVE IT WHEN JW DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE DOING IN THEIR OWN RELIGION-

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL WT POSTION ON IT'S MEMBERS SPENDING THEIR TIME SPECULATING

*** w52 2/1 81 Jehovah's Theocratic Organization Today ***

Theocratic persons will shun speculations and speculators

*** w52 2/1 80 Jehovah's Theocratic Organization Today ***

THE FOLLY OF SPECULATING

13 There are some who seem to dote on speculations. They love to be the talking center of little groups, voicing their theories on how or when this or that is going to happen.

UNPROFITABLE USE OF TIME
    Likewise it is possible to spend valuable time speculating on matters concerning the future.
    Do you think it wise for Christians to take time from more profitable Bible study to speculate on the answers?

*** w71 11/15 703 "Preach the Word"-Where and Why? ***

No reason exists for going beyond the Bible and speculating on such matters as what people may expect in the way of homes, and other possessions, work and entertainment in the “new earth” of God’s making. All the information that individuals must know to gain God’s approval and life is contained in the Bible.

*** w74 6/15 379 Serve with Eternity in View ***

So instead of speculating about a certain date, as if serving with that date as a goal

*** w75 6/15 380 Looking to the Future with Confidence ***

If we really needed to know these things, Jehovah would have provided the answers.

21 Rather than speculating on the unknown, how much better it is to concentrate on the thrilling things the Bible does say.

*** w76 6/15 384 Questions from Readers ***

There is no point in speculating as to details. If Jehovah felt that such information was necessary, he certainly could have included it in his Word.

*** w52 2/1 80 Jehovah's Theocratic Organization Today ***

So they seek for something more sensational, for some “new light” to dazzle unwary listeners. As they feed the open-mouthed listeners their line of new theories, the listeners by their rapt attention feed the ego of the speculators

*** w52 2/1 80-1 Jehovah's Theocratic Organization Today ***

These speculating ones may acknowledge that some of their past theories were wrong, but they do not show they have learned the lesson from these mistakes by refraining from bringing forth new theories. Their longing to be viewed as an independent and deep thinker is stronger than their desire to be theocratic.

*** w52 4/15 253 Aids for Understanding Prophecy ***

Jehovah as the great Interpreter makes known the meaning of his revelations in his due time, and speculation by men cannot bring to light the true meaning of prophecy before time.

*** w78 10/1 31 Questions from Readers ***

It applies to Christ’s followers and others who were able to observe that war and the other things that have occurred in fulfillment of Jesus’ composite “sign.” Some of such persons “will by no means pass away until” all of what Christ prophesied occurs, including the end of the present wicked system.

*** w62 6/15 380-3 Avoid Unprofitable Questions ***

Avoid Unprofitable Questions

HAVE you noticed how frequently the apostle Paul alerted Christians to guard against speculation

In the second and third centuries Gnostics who professed Christianity boasted that they alone had sounded the depths of knowledge. By a process of speculation they claimed to have discovered “deep things” unknown to the ordinary Christian

A Christian who indulges in speculation from the platform or in group Bible study tends to attract undue attention to himself. Personal theories can cause division of thought and even lead to disputes about trifles. Ones newly associated with Jehovah’s congregation might be stumbled by what would appear to be a lack of love and unity. By setting up hypothetical situations and then speculating on the answers to problems posed thereby, are we not in fact adding to Jehovah’s words?

. As questions arise from such reading or other Bible study, you can check with the Watch Tower Publications Index

.—1 Cor. 1:10.

Let us make the wisest use of our time, then, avoiding unprofitable questions and always remembering Paul’s counsel: “Learn the rule: ‘Do not go beyond the things that are written.’”—1 Cor. 4:6.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

All that..yet speculating, it seems, is all the WT ever does...

• Gerard
    Gerard
    I see the big picture instead of the small details such as BethSarim. >> SOJ

Almost from its inception, the WT, has been guilty of misleading the public and their followers with claims that are wildly inaccurate and, in some cases, border on scams. An example of the latter can be found in the infamous case of Pastor Russell's "Miracle Wheat" Russell's WT publication advertised wheat seed for sale at $1.00 a pound (quite expensive in that day). "It was styled `Miracle Wheat,' and it was asserted that it would grow five times as much as any other brand of wheat. He was taken to court for that.

Maybe you are referring to the “big picture” of using the physical dimensions of the Great Pyramid as basis of "the Plan of God". (e.g: The Divine Plan of the Ages) http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/pyramid.htm

In former times thousands of youths died for putting God first. They are still doing it, only today the drama is played out in hospitals and courtrooms, with blood transfusions the issue. Is this your “big picture”? Or maybe the fact that the WT has power to shelter proven pedophiles from the judicial system?

Maybe you mean the “big picture” of shifting Armageddon’s date from 1881 to 1874 to 1878 to 1914 to 1918 to 1920 to 1922 to 1925 to 1975 (I’m sorry if I missed some other Armageddons, but maybe… that’s your “big picture”: Armageddon indeed happened but in an invisible way! We’re dead, it’s just that we have not noticed it yet!

Maybe your “big picture” is not to pursue higher education, no sports at school, no music band?

Maybe your “big picture” is to learn how to shun relatives and friends? Do you think it gets easier with the years? Are you getting good at it? Enjoy it?

Maybe you mean the policy of rape is fornication, or rape is not fornication; Sorry, I forget since Jehovah keeps changing his mind on this “big picture”!!

Maybe you mean the “big picture” of The World brotherhood ... that of the WTBTS being a NGO member of the United Nations for 10 long years?

But a practical mind can tell that the real “big picture” is that of MAKING MONEY out of unsuspecting JW members: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/47162/1.ashx
    And of course make a little profit during these times of war by holding on to REGI US and RandCam stocks and their spy-plane engines: http://www.geocities.com/wtgreed/article.htm

You seem to believe WT’s assertion that Satan promoted independent thinking and your “big picture” is limited by the WT’s command to not spend time and energy in research and verification. You believe it is dangerous! You fear independent thinking!

• Hamas
    Hamas

SWORD OF JAH

HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THIS ?

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Like a typical little Jehovah's Witness.. notice how he disappeared after being bombarded with the facts.

Not surprising.

• Gerard
    Gerard

That scanned letter above is not suprising yet it is trully disturbing and shocking.

• JT
    JT

By "inspired prophet" it is suggested that everything the Watchtower publishes is coming directly from Jehovah or inspired by holy spirit. And this is incorrect.

Once again we will demonstrate with direct quotes from the boys in writing that the poster Sword of Jah – doesn't know what he is talking about o

Most posters realize that to answer many questions asked about their org-will make them and their org look foolish- so in their lame attempt they try to dance and skate the issue- here we have a poster who has indicated that what the wt publishes "DOES NOT COME DIRECTLY FROM JAH"-

Yet as always we continue to see how the avg jw has no idea of what his religion really teaches on such a matter

As of today 5-6-03 the WT has not Rejected this Official Position below

Now the problem is the avg jw has no idea which articles in the columns of the WT are actually the direct revealing of jah in the form of new light, so to be safe the avg jw MUST ACCEPT ALL THINGS WRITTEN, ESP those that deal with dogma, new light, as coming directly from jw,

Never once has the wt Prefaced an explanation or prophecy as

"The following is the OPINIONS of the Editorial staff of the wt"

instead it is always "Bro are we not glad that JEHOVAH has given us new light on this matter under discussion"

SwordofJah I commend your zeal, but as old paul put it – it means nothing if it is not according to ACCURATE INFORMATION

And as all can see, the WT clearly states that what they write is not man's but the REVEALED WILL OF GOD HIMSELF

*** Vindication III, page 250

These angels are invisible to human eyes and are there to carry out the

orders of the Lord. No doubt they first hear the instruction which the Lord

issues to his remnant and then these invisible messengers pass such

instruction on to the remnant.

*** Yearbook 1935 page 52

It is announced with confidence that the Lord uses the columns of the

Watchtower to transmit to his consecrated people things that he reveals to

them and provides for them to know. It is the privilege of The Watchtower

to publish explanations of the prophecies, which explanation is based upon

the physical facts that exactly fit the prophecy …………

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

SCOOBYSNAX: Thanks for your post and I agree with you, but that fact does really sadden me.

JT: I know what the publications say, and you quoting a sentence here and there does not prove anything. You don't understand what the Faithful & Discreet Slave says. And it seems that you are guilty of what you accuse me of, and that is to believe that every single word in the publications is inspired. The publications are there to help us meditate in the inspired Scriptures. You weigh the reasoning in articles with what the Scriptures that support it says. Obviously you've missed that.

REBORN2002: I'm not here 24/7.

GERARD: You are very confused and that is obvious to me. Your looking at little stuff and making a big deal out of it. Let's see here it goes:

Miracle wheat: Was that view not corrected? Proof that Jehovah does cleanse the Organization from wrong beliefs.

Great pyramid: Russell was trying to find the truth and he used different ways, but in the end Jehovah helped to correct those views. Another proof that Jehovah does guide his people.

Blood transfussions: The big picture is not whether to accept or not, the big picture is "are we going to be faithful to Jehovah's laws even when facing death". Since you do not have faith in a resurrection, this is hard for you to understand. But for those faithful Witnesses that have been firm until the end, something much better than this life awaits him. Again, a faithless person would not understand this argument.

Dates: I only agree that '75 was a problem, all the other dates are just quotations taken out of context. You were not there so you cannot possibly know what the brothers were doing or thinking at that time. And when you see how the preaching work has progressed, obviously those dates did not affect Jehovah's people. It only affected those following men and not Christ.

higher education, no sports at school, no music band: This is just one of those little things that you make it a big deal. I know many that did not go to University, but used their time as full-time ministers and they are very happy now. The other two, sports and band, does not affect people as you might make it sound.

shun relatives and friends: By this I'm guessing you don't approve disfellowshippings. But a person is disfellowshipped because of their decisions to sin and to have a contact contrary to the laws of Jehovah. That's their choice. The shunning is a consequence of your own actions. You should quit blaming others and start taking responsability for your own actions.

policy of rape is fornication, or rape is not fornication: I think the Faithful & Discreet Slave has been clear about this policy always quoting from the Bible to backup their viewpoint. I have read the quotes to criticize this policy and they are taken out of context. When you read the articles you know very well what the policy is. The only changes came after an understanding in whether a rape victim should be held accountable if they did not scream because they froze over fear.

WTBTS being a NGO member: This is another example of how the enemies of Jehovah blow things out of proportion. WTBTS has given a simple explenation over what happend, but no it is imposibble for the enemies of the organization to accept that simple explenation. They have to come up with some big conspiracy theory to try to make the brothers look like bad guys.

Making money out of unsuspecting JW members: Once again a lame attempt by the enemies of Jehovah to bring reproach to his people. Always imputing bad motives on the brothers without taking into consideration the joy that a brother get from giving towards Jehovah's work. It's just another attempt to discredit the brothers taking the lead. Samething happend to Jesus. Looks like Satan just keeps using his old tricks.

Regi US and RandCam stocks: I think this has been debated over and over. There is no proof that the Watchtower is involved in the building of weapons. You all can keep debating all you want, but like always you will always find ways to criticize your former brothers.

BERYLBLUE:

I hope you feel better. You could just inform the elders in a nice way that you are not feeling good. If they are visiting you is because they care. Just think of this story, a bit pagan but it makes the point: There was a man in a boat that sunk and he was in the water struggling and praying to God to save him. Along comes a small boat with a guy and he told him that he would save him, but the man said that he had already prayed to God and that he would save him. The small boat goes away, and a while later a bigger sailing boat comes along and tells the man that he will save him, but the man tells him that he has prayed to God and that he would save him. So the sailing boat goes away...a while later a huge cruise ships comes along and tells the man that they will save him, but again the man just tells them to leave him along that God is in control and he WILL save him! Eventually the man drowns and he finds himself in front of the gates to heaven. He goes in front of God and furiously asks, "Why didn't you save me?!". God responds, "What are you talking about, I sent you three ways to be saved and you ignored all of them!"

LARC:

Let me see if I understand you correctly. The Jehovah's Witnesses can make all kinds of mistakes as long as they continue to preach God's Kingdom. Now, if that is your major premis, how does that make them different than any other Christian Church?

The difference is Jehovah's Witnesses are doing God's will and the other Christian Churches are not. Another difference is that JWs adhere stictly to what the Bible says and others don't. It's very simple really. Again without faith, you could not possibly understand this line of reasoning.

• Valis
    Valis

This is just one of those little things that you make it a big deal. I know many that did not go to University, but used their time as full-time ministers and they are very happy now. The other two, sports and band, does not affect people as you might make it sound.

Uh it is a big deal and I'm sure you know people who didn't go to college and are happy little publishers...incredibly ignorant of the world around them but happy nonetheless...sheesh....Not being socially accepted does no one any good and the reason for not allowing this is two fold...one it takes time away from the oh so precious meetings and the "spirit of competition" is bad...what a load of crap that was!

The difference is Jehovah's Witnesses are doing God's will and the other Christian Churches are not. Another difference is that JWs adhere stictly to what the Bible says and others don't. It's very simple really. Again without faith, you could not possibly understand this line of reasoning.

Yeah you are so right...all that aid to the needy, and so forth certainly isn't God's will, instead pushing magazines on Saturday morning is much more in line with what a loving god would want one to be doing. JWs have a proven track record of not caring for others, (unless of course you are a dubbie in good standing) WTC tragedy, no help there....Millions starving and dying in Africa..."Hey emaciated African guy..wanna book study?"....All that property in Brooklyn for what? As well, JWs pick and chose their interpretation of the bible just like all the other churches do...they are in reality no better, and probably far worse for the health and welfare of the common parishioner than other organized religions..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit