questions for SwordOfJah and others like him

by SpiceItUp 102 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

I'll tell you first hand what their response to this list of questions will be. I gave the same list to my JW husband (along with a few other questions) and I was told "none of this matters." He says the only important prophecy is "God's Kingdom", "dates don't really matter, people were just over zealous", "apostates exaggerate these things and use them against us", etc. His answers are always non-answers. I'm so frustrated . . .

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    I assume that your parents are Jehovah's Witnesses. Therefore, they are my spiritual brother and sister. I will not provide ammo for your use so that you can manipulate them by saying "I know what you're going to say...". That wouldn't be loving on my part.

SOJ- Aren't you supposed to preach at every opportunity?

• be wise
    be wise

SpiceItUp ...but you are a Jedi Master.

Are females allowed to be Jedi Masters, Simon?

Maybe I shouldn't ask or he will boot me out!

Oh sorry, I forget we're not JW's now are we!

• Gerard
    Gerard
    I would like to see documentation of question 5 above.

http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/minitru.htm

*** Watchtower 1989 January 1 p.12 "The Hand of Jehovah Was With Them" ***
    [Note: not available on 1993/1995/1999 CD-ROM]
    [as originally published in Watchtower magazine]

The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century.

*** Watchtower 1989 January 1 p.12 "The Hand of Jehovah Was With Them" ***
    [as it appears on Watchtower bound volumes & CD-ROMs]

The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our day.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Now anyone who has ever contended with the Jehovah's Witness cult should know full well by now that they absolutely love to spew their propaganda to uninformed individuals who know nothing of the endless contradictions found within their own literature which is allegedly inspired by God. However when they encounter a person who can debunk their nonsense with direct quotation from their literature... they become eerily silent.. like our buddy SOJ.

For those who are unaware, educate yourself on exact quotation taken from Jehovah's Witness literature which demonstrates the LIES and CONTRADICTIONS found within their PROPAGANDA LITERATURE.

www.quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com

• shamus
    shamus

I think that people should respect lurkers here, and not put them down so much. It is very difficult for them, no doubt, to come to this website and get some answers to their questions. It is easy to riducule someone in this forum, especially when some of you have suffered through so much, but it still does not make it really right. I know that JW's answers are somewhat silly at times, but I would have made the same comment if I was here and still part of the religion. (thank goodness I am not)

Anyways, I will answer your questions - the ones that I can answer.

Q1. JW's believe that they need god's holy spirit to understand scripture. They also need the help of "The Faithful + Descreet Slave", that being their visible organization. There is obviously tons of evidence to discount this theory!

Q2. No. They cannot question doctrines - they can have friendly "But I thought that it would be this way" kind of talks. If they do not understand something (like if something is unscriptual / makes no sense), they must "Trust In Jehovah". No, there is no reason for you to ever decide to leave the religion unless you disassosiate yourself.

Q3. They don't know what his name is - Jehovah or Yaweh. It could be something totally different! They recognize that fact and call him Jehovah because it is the name most used, in their opinion, in the past.

Q4. I have NO IDEA on that one.

Q5. What do you mean? CURRENTLY? They did teach in the 80's, early 90's, or hint to, that the 20th century would not be reached before armageddon. But, they said probably. Now who knows what they are thinking. It is supposed to be the generation who saw 1914, but it gets quite confusing there.

Q6. I have no idea on this one either. Would be interested to hear some answers from those who went through that.

Q7. I have no idea on that one, either! They have taught some pretty bizarre things in the past, so I would not put it past them.

Q8. No. They believed it was the start of God's kingdom in heaven - or so I think...

Q9. The answer is pretty blurry. They are supposedly following his guidance through the bible and through prayer on how to run things. You can make your own decision from there as to what it means... I don't know what you mean of the other question there - and thirdly, they believe that the truth keeps getting "brighter and brighter", and will change their minds on doctrines when they feel that doctrines are incorrect.

Q10. No idea.

Q11. No idea.

These are the doctrines as I remember them - they make a pretty convincing case at first, especially if you have no knowledge of the bible like I had. Eventually, you can see that scriptures do contradict each other in places, and you need to make your own judgement on those issues. Personally, I feel that they are wrong - as do most here, obviously. They use scripture to controll your every thought, and, if they are wrong, they just go "Whoops! We were wrong! sorry guys - if you were DF'd for a siin that is not really a sin anymore, you should have been faithful anyways.... utter nonsense. Any true christian would have stood up to different teachings like the Apostle Paul did, and like Job did.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Shamus.

Not all 'lurkers' get treated as SwordOf Jah has. Perhaps it is due to posts such as these that he is not as respected as he might be:

REALNESS: You gave in so quickly to these fools? I invite you to email me at [email protected]
    and let's talk about it.

THE TRUTH: Dang these guys have ganged up on you. But keep strong, brother, your faith is strong. You are right about the technicalities, this foolish apostates focus on such minor details that they don't see the big picture. See, they have lost the ability to see things from Jehovah's perspective as they don't have the backing of his spirit anymore. Email me if you want to talk.

ALANF : You have a serious problem AlanF. Since you lost your sense of urgency a long time ago, you have no hope and you don't want anyone else to have hope. So you are desperately using your time on this forum and maybe your life in destroying peoples faith in the words of Christ. Please notice that you are using your wicked reasoning when reading that article instead of getting the point. You try to find exact phrases and words in the Bible that the Watchtower writer uses, of course you don't find them so you assume that Jesus didn't mean this and didn't mean that. But what is the point? The point is that Jesus spoke of being ready. Are you ready? Of course not since you parrot the same thing over and over, there is no sign, there is no sign. Obviously, by your insane reasonings, God has not found you deserving of understanding his ways. That's why you're confused and are so desperate to find fault in his faithful servants that are keeping up the watch.

Discussion Boards are a great leveller, on them one has to earn respect by what one writes.

HS

• shamus
    shamus

Boy - thanks for clearing that up.

Swordfish - do you realize that you are being APOSTATE for coming to this site? I want you to really think about that. Tell your local elders what you have been doing, and see what happens. You will get booted out of your religion so fast that your head would spin, PERIOD. "helping" people here get back into the truth is resulting in you being killed at armageddon unless you confess your sins to your elders - GET IT? I hope that you do, because it makes no sense to me. REMEMBER - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Does that sound pretty harsh? That is the truth of what JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES teach. So, get busy confessing, or get busy leaving. Its your choice.

Brian.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

I honestly wasn't trying to make Sword or any other lurker look like a fool or put him down. I only wanted some honest JW answers to these questions.

Unfortuantely it would seem as though Sword is not willing to enter into a legitimate discussion at this time.

I would hope he reconsiders so that we may all understand exactly what a "witness in good standing" thinks on such subjects.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Sword Of Jah,

I pity you, I really do. I was just like you, comming on this site a couple of years back under a different alias and sticking up for the Witnesses. What do you think you can achieve by being here? Do you really think you can change our minds ?!?!

You have already shown that you can rise above the Witness mentality by comming on here and looking and checking things out for yourself. Do yourself a favour man, give it up

www.escapethewatchtower.cjb.net

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit