questions for SwordOfJah and others like him

by SpiceItUp 102 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

After all, they are not INSPIRED PROPHETS , are they ?

No, but they are Jehovah's representative here on Earth.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

Please refer to my earlier post re: my husband's rote answers to these questions. SwordofJah are you married? I think you may be my husband!! Ugh!!

• Gerard
    Gerard

Why were the Jehovah’s Witnesses in Mexico at one time told to not use Bibles, not hold prayers, not sing religious songs, and deny that they were part of a religious group, but were simply part of a “Cultural” group even though religious groups were not in any way prohibited by the Mexican government at the time? Did it have anything to do with the Watch Tower or the Governing Body’s desire to own property in Mexico, which was prohibited under Mexican law, rather than be known as a religion?
    This is really part of the dumbest acusation that apostates have against JWs. They keep saying that JWs are guided by money and are only interested in owning property. Any honest JW or even ex-JW will have to admit that this is just not true. Our Mexican brothers had to do what they had to do to worship and spread the Good News among their countrymen, and that's what they did without breaking Jehovah's laws.>>> SOJ

SOJ, I was born and raised in Mexico, I can assure you that in Mexico, for almost a century now, there has been freedom of religion and worship. So the WT's decision to register as a "cultural" organization was THEIR's and motivated by ownership of properties.

NEVER the JW"s -or or any other religion / cult - have been persecuted by the Mexican authority.

You are obviously an inteligent person, so get your facts straight before you regurgitate cultish propaganda.

Gerry

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

After all, they are not INSPIRED PROPHETS , are they ?

No, but they are Jehovah's representative here on Earth.

They are not inspired prophets? Oh really? Then explain this:

Watchtower 1972 April 1:

This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women . It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses ...

Awake! 1986 June 8:

You will be interested to learn that God has on earth a people, all of whom are prophets , or witnesses for God. In fact, they are known throughout the world as Jehovah's Witnesses.

Watchtower 1959 January 15:

Whom has God actually used as his prophet?

By the historical facts of the case Christendom is beaten back in defeat. Jehovah's Witnesses are deeply grateful today that the plain facts show that God has been pleased to use them. ... It has been because Jehovah thrust out his hand of power and touched their lips and put his words in their mouths...

Watchtower 1964 October 1:

... for God has on earth today a prophetlike organization , ... Jehovah's anointed witnesses on earth.

• Francois
    Francois

So, Sword of Jah, your sword feeling kind of dull this afternoon? A little limpish? Don't know the answers? Are embarrassed by the answers? Flummoxed by the entire thing?

Your answer should embarrass you right down to your toes. I know it would me.

And perhaps you should give some thought to changing your name. You're no courageous "Sword of Jah," you're more like the "Pacifier of Jah." I'm done with you and your cowardice. Go find a pacifier to suck on, and if you can't find one of those, try sucking on your big toe. "Sword of Jah" my aching ass. Maybe the butter knife of Jah.

francois

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Francois-

butter knife of Jah

I like that!!

• Gerard
    Gerard

Here's Butter Knife of Jehovah dealing with the facts:

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I used to sit and converse with Dubs on these topics ad nauseum when I first came to this board. I applaud you StinkyPantz and others for catching SOJ up in one of many of the Watchtower doctrinal errors. Unfortunately he will make excuses for his God and "sole organization on earth" and continue spouting JW propaganda and rhetoric.

A word of advice for those attempting to debate with SOJ and any other self-proclaimed active JW who frequents this board :

Eventually a person realizes that you cannot rationalize with stupidity.

The very fact that they have registered and posted on this website deems them marked as spiritually weak. It is highly condemned for them to visit so-called "apostate" sites, even when lamely defending their cult.

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

GERARD:

Information taken from http://www.religiousfreedom.com/wrpt/Latam/mexico.htm

"Constitution, however, places numerous restrictions upon religionists. Article 24 states that "every act of public worship must be performed strictly inside places of public worship, which shall at all times be under government supervision."

Churches are not allowed to acquire, hold or administer real property or mortgages. Places of public worship are the property of the nation. "

The watchtower published:

Mexico.

On July 16, 1992, a big step in the defense of religious freedom was taken in Mexico. On that date the Law of Religious Associations and Public Worship was enacted. Through this law, a religious group can receive legal status as a religious institution by obtaining the required registry. Previously, Jehovah’s Witnesses, like other religions in the country, existed de facto but had no legal status. On April 13, 1993, the Witnesses applied for registration. Happily, on May 7, 1993, they became legally registered as La Torre del Vigía, A. R., and Los Testigos de Jehová en México, A. R., both of which are religious associations.—See Awake!, July 22, 1994, pages 12-14.

New

Law on Religious Associations and Public Worship

For the past 135 years, Mexico has had a policy of separation of Church and State. In 1865, the situation became so tense that relations between Mexico and the Vatican were severed. In view of its past experience with religion, the government imposed restrictions affecting all religions. Nevertheless, when Carlos Salinas de Gortari began his term of office as president of the Republic in December 1988, one could foresee that there would be a change in policy regarding religion and that there would be a rapprochement with the Vatican. At the time of the president’s inaugural speech, high-ranking representatives of the Roman Catholic Church were present.

Naturally, questions arose as to how this might affect the work of Jehovah’s Witnesses. After this manifestation of goodwill toward the Catholic Church, the Catholic clergy pressed for changes in the Constitution in order to give more freedom to religious organizations. This issue was debated in the press constantly for two years, thus preparing the way for religious organizations to have legal standing in Mexico. Up until then, religion had only had a de facto existence but no legal standing or rights. It was clear that the clergy were seeking not only legal recognition but also privileges that have to do with politics and education. Moreover, in their declarations, some Catholic priests insinuated that Jehovah’s Witnesses should be restricted and not be given legal status. Finally, in January 1992, Congress made some modifications in what the Constitution said about religion. Later, in the month of July, bylaws were drawn up to put the changes into force. These were called the Law on Religious Associations and Public Worship.

The intent of the law was to give more freedom to religious associations. This law provides that religious organizations can now own property. They are also authorized to hold religious meetings and manifestations outside their temples. One article mentions patriotic symbols, and one could surmise that this was promulgated with Jehovah’s Witnesses in mind. However, on May 7, 1993, the Secretariat of Government granted recognition to La Torre del Vigía and to Los Testigos de Jehová en México. We have confidence that the new law will permit the work of Jehovah’s Witnesses to move ahead in Mexico and that we will be allowed to carry on with full liberty, availing ourselves of legal rights and privileges that were not open to us previously. Without realizing it, Jehovah’s Witnesses in Mexico were preparing for this freedom even before the law was passed.

Like I said in my previous post. The Mexican brothers did what they had to do to have their rights respected.

• borgfree
    borgfree

SwordofJah,

I am at work and cannot give this the attention I would like, but, you say:

What? They were preaching about God's Kingdom back then also, just like today. So things haven't changed in regards to God's purposes for the Earth.

No, that is not true. At that time they did not have two classes of witnesses, the heavenly class and the earthly class. All witnesses were going to heaven. That is definately a different "Good News" from what they preach today.

Also at that time the witnesses were to "worship" Jesus. Different gospel.

The witnesses celebrated Christmas and decorated bethel. Different gospel.

The witnesses hated the term religion and did not refer to themselves as a religion.

There are many, many other different teachings, but I cannot remember right now, most of them. The WT Society is totally different today from what is was is 1925. If you do not believe me, look it up in the "Studies in the Scriptures", or some of the other old books, see for yourself.

Borgfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit