questions for SwordOfJah and others like him

by SpiceItUp 102 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gerard
    Gerard

SOJ,

the WT has done a good job on you! You say you stick to the scriptures? So you should be performing these rituals:

Leviticus Chapter 4
    1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a soul shall sin through ignorance against any of the commandments of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done, and shall do against any of them:

3 If the priest that is anointed do sin according to the sin of the people; then let him bring for his sin, which he hath sinned, a young bullock without blemish unto the LORD for a sin offering.

4 And he shall bring the bullock unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the LORD; and shall lay his hand upon the bullock's head, and kill the bullock before the LORD.

5 And the priest that is anointed shall take of the bullock's blood, and bring it to the tabernacle of the congregation:

6 And the priest shall dip his finger in the blood, and sprinkle of the blood seven times before the LORD, before the vail of the sanctuary.

7 And the priest shall put some of the blood upon the horns of the altar of sweet incense before the LORD, which is in the tabernacle of the congregation; and shall pour all the blood of the bullock at the bottom of the altar of the burnt offering, which is at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.

8 And he shall take off from it all the fat of the bullock for the sin offering; the fat that covereth the inwards, and all the fat that is upon the inwards,

9 And the two kidneys, and the fat that is upon them, which is by the flanks, and the caul above the liver, with the kidneys, it shall he take away,

10 As it was taken off from the bullock of the sacrifice of peace offerings: and the priest shall burn them upon the altar of the burnt offering.

11 And the skin of the bullock, and all his flesh, with his head, and with his legs, and his inwards, and his dung,

So, SOJ, how many bulls have you killed lately? Or are you free from sin?

OK, sarcasm aside, allow me to make my point: You know perfectly well that the teaching lies in the interpretation of the scriptures. You have vowed fidelity to a group of men who have made the most bizarre interpretaions of the Bible. You even justify their scam-like activities and doctrine. But the WT does not own God nor the absolute truth. The Neo-Watchtower Apologists frame their arguments in such a manner (intentionally or not) that it appears that someone could arrive at the same belief as official Watchtower doctrine through independent study. But is that possible? Is it possible to come to what the Watchtower calls "the truth" independently of the publications produced by the Watchtower? To ask it another way, from the Watchtower's official position, can the study of New Testament Greek grammar and syntax bring someone's beliefs in line with existing Watchtower doctrine? After examining several Watchtower publications, it would appear that it would be impossible for a person studying the Greek New Testament apart from Watchtower helps to come up with a faith that matches the Watchtower's "truth". Why? Well, the WT claims that the Bible is a closed book to everyone but the "remnant" and that Scripture cannot be understood apart from their help.

Use your comon sense and think of what you know, not of what you fear.

Heal soon .

• integ
    integ

I'm starting to think that maybe Swordofjah is a fake. I think he is just saying this stuff to get a rise out of everyone...It is hard for me to believe that he "really" believes what he is saying. Any loyal witness would not be on this board in the first place. No less stay on the board and argue with apostates. He's made a number of posts, so it is not just a matter of just being curious or something. He is very skilled at hitting nerves on this forum. I think that is his intention. He is probably just as apostate as everyone else..Just playing a role. Anyway, it's just a theory.

• berylblue
    berylblue

SOJ,

Thank you for the lovely sentiment. I do appreciate it...

BERYLBLUE:

I hope you feel better. You could just inform the elders in a nice way that you are not feeling good. If they are visiting you is because they care.

However, I'm confused. No elder has visited me...ever...well, that's not true, once after I was DF some elders came to invite me to the memorial, I was upstairs looking out the window and my husband didn't even tell me they were there, he didn't know I was watching, and he sent them away and by the time I got downstairs to talk to them they were gone. So I haven't seen an elder since I was DF..no one even knows where I live. I am just kind of lost and confused here on my own, trying to figure out what Jehovah wants me to do...it's heartbreakingly confusing, what with all I've learned about the WTS. But I do appreciate your kindness.

Rosemarie
  • ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

BerylBlue....... I'm not sure how to answer your post. Its a shame your husband sent the brothers calling away from you. You sound as if you still have faith and love Jehovah, that alone made me happy. I hope it all works out for you, and send you love. Scott xxx

• be wise
    be wise

GIVE THE DOG A BONE,

...for cheeses sake!

• berylblue
    berylblue

Thx, Snx. No, I didn't put that right. He was my husband at the time. He has long since departed for greener pastures...with a green card...lol..

Rosemarie

And, yes. I do.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

BeWise...... A Rooby Rax? Rokay Rewise, R'okay. Rabba dabba dooooooooooo...........

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

<<<<<<RoseMarie>>>>>>>> xxx

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

SOJ----

Have you forgotten about the question for you left unaswered or are you still researching?

Just hoping you haven't "given" up so quickly.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Gcc2k wanted to know about the changes in the Jan. 1, 1989 Watchtower. Here is a scan of the original:

:Does the bound volume or CDROM contain any indication that this was changed/edited/corrected?

Not that anyone I know of is aware.

: Also, were there any changes in doctrine that would explain this change, or was it perhaps an actual typo?

Neither. What happened was that the writer of the article, Gene Smalley (now a GB assistant, one of the "Nethinim" -- LOL!) got a bit carried away with the spirit infecting Bethel leaders at the time, and stupidly expressed what they were all thinking but had enough sense not to print except in rather vague terms, mostly. But see below. Bethel got a huge amount of correspondence wondering if the Society were actually making a prediction here. Eventually they backed off and "corrected" the mistake in the bound volume. Smalley got in serious trouble for this faux pas, but was forgiven.

Here are the quotations I know of that specifically point to about the year 2000 as a definite limit for "this old system":

Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom. ["The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah"-How? (1971)]

If the wicked system of this world survived until the turn of the century [the year 2000], which is highly improbable in view of world trends and the fulfillment of Bible prophecy, there would still be survivors of the World War I generation. However, the fact that their number is dwindling is one more indication that "the conclusion of the system of things" is moving fast toward its end. [The Watchtower, Oct. 15, 1980, p. 31]

Some of that "generation [of 1914]" could survive until the end of the century. But there are many indications that "the end" is much closer than that! [The Watchtower, March 1, 1984 pp. 18-19]

The Time for a Change Is Near!
    Carole, from France, has a "marvelous hope" and foresees, for the near future
    , "something marvelous-not at all like the world we live in.- Samuel, a 15-year-old youth from the same country, also believes in a complete change: "For the year 2000, I visualize a world transformed into a beautiful paradise! But I don’t think that either the present world or its rulers will live to see that day. . . . We are living in the last days of the system of things." Ruth, a German girl of 16, also expresses her confidence in these changes: "I know I’m not smart enough to change the world and make things run right. Only Jehovah, our Creator, can and will do that soon." [Awake!, November 8, 1986, pp. 7-8]

The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century. [The Watchtower, January 1, 1989, p. 12; note that in the bound volume for 1989 "in our 20th century" was changed to "in our day"]

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit