"The G.B. is neither inspired nor infallible"

by smiddy 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I just took a look at that article. Wow, it seems like they are putting less efforts in finding good arguments supporting their authority.. or is it just me?

Paragraph 12: We are not perfect, so we need to make changes on a regular basis.
    Paragraph 13: The changes we make on a regular basis prove we have God's Spirit.
    Paragraph 14: Our organization is successful with 8 million members: It has to be the angels!
    Paragraph 15: We made unpopular rules like disfellowshipping smokers. We have to be directed by God!!

Now what if the Catholics used these arguments?

Paragraph 12 and 13: same, word for word.
    Paragraph 14: Our organization is successful with 1.5 billion members: It has to be the angels!
    Paragraph 15: We made unpopular rules like banning contraception. We have to be directed by God!!

Like Mike (Mike and Kim) would say "Idiots!".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Feb.17 study edition of the Watchtower - "The Governing Body is neither inspired, nor infallible, therefore it (they/we) can err in Doctrinal matters or in organizational direction..."

I can just imagine the faces of some of the more hard-ass JC elders when they're witch-hunting "apostates", and get that directly quoted to them.

Every XJW on the planet should be memorizing this, word-for-f**king-word. :laughing:

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"The G.B. is neither inspired nor infallible" ..we can err .in Doctrinal matters.

So why do JW`s die refusing blood tranfusions.? !

Image result for you cant fix stupid

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

I feel like this just gives jDubs more fuel. Saying "see I told you they are imperfect and can make mistakes, they are doing the best they can. At least they admit their mistakes"

UGGHH, I hate fighting this logic. What would your followup be to the above response?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I may be wrong but I think that Matthew 18:18 is applied to disfellowshipping and it is sort of past tense they are only carrying out what has already been bound in heaven and so it would seem to me to make their decisions infallible say on blood transfusions.
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

ab.ortega: Then why do they expect the same authority as the apostles and Moses? They don't claim to be inspired but expect everyone to follow them without questioning, as if they were in fact inspired. You can't have it both ways. You cannot claim to be imperfect and enforce the authority of a prophet.

• Tallon
    Tallon

I just took a look at that article. Wow, it seems like they are putting less efforts in finding good arguments supporting their authority.. or is it just me?

Paragraph 12: We are not perfect, so we need to make changes on a regular basis.
    Paragraph 13: The changes we make on a regular basis prove we have God's Spirit.
    Paragraph 14: Our organization is successful with 8 million members: It has to be the angels!
    Paragraph 15: We made unpopular rules like disfellowshipping smokers. We have to be directed by God!!

Now what if the Catholics used these arguments?

Paragraph 12 and 13: same, word for word.
    Paragraph 14: Our organization is successful with 1.5 billion members: It has to be the angels!
    Paragraph 15: We made unpopular rules like banning contraception. We have to be directed by God!!

Like Mike (Mike and Kim) would say "Idiots!". ..... Stephane Laliberte

I have faded from the Org over a little over 3 years now. From which date of Watchtower Magazine did this come from? Where can I get a copy of it - download if possible.

• fastJehu
  • Scully
    Scully

"The Governing Body is neither inspired, nor infallible, therefore it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction ."

Then what is the point of listening to them? What makes their interpretation of doctrinal matters or organizational direction any better than anyone else? Why, then, if we decided to form our own views, would we considered to be Apostateā„¢ and DFd?

Deuteronomy had the truth test for anyone claiming to speak on behalf of god. If their words came true, they were a true prophet. If their words did not come true, they were a false prophet. How does the GB stand up to the truth test?

• Ding
    Ding

I feel like this just gives jDubs more fuel. Saying "see I told you they are imperfect and can make mistakes, they are doing the best they can. At least they admit their mistakes"

In response ask the JW to specify exactly what mistakes the GB has admitted to.

Odds are they won't be able to name one.

If they do come up with something, ask them to show you in the literature or on the website the place where the GB admitted they were wrong about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit