"The G.B. is neither inspired nor infallible"

by smiddy 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

There is a scriptural basis for that: 1. When Moses lead Israel to a position where they were surrounded. 2. Jesus instructions to flee Jerusalem when surrounded by Roman armies. 3. God's instruction to king David to go behind at the battle of the baca bushes. 4.The direction Gideon received from God at the battle with Midian- just to mention a few off the top of my head. But the JW must incorporate the possibility of error when making the decision whether or not to obey WT direction, especially with 1975 and previous wt errors behind them. I think Jw will folllow anyway since JW believe what they do. The JW movement has not played out yet but something has to give within a year or so.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Fisherman - "There is a scriptural basis for that..."

There's a scriptural basis for the assertion that women and children are property.

Shall we follow that, too?

• hail Mary
    hail Mary

fuck said u johos are all literallists. Fuck offffffffff treat things ur suppose to look after as your character permits. If that's like shit ur a nob. Simples

• Heaven
    Heaven

All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

fisherman said: There is a scriptural basis for that:

All the more reason to ignore it. Use critical and logical thinking. If their instructions are damaging or destructive, do NOT follow them. I like to use historical evidence of past 'instructions' as benchmarks. I am not seeing a lot of instructions from these guys that would be of much use. They have their agenda. Follow the money.

Vidiot said: There's a scriptural basis for the assertion that women and children are property.

Shall we follow that, too?

Patriarchy has long outlived any usefulness it had, if any. Thank you Vidiot.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

fisherman said: There is a scriptural basis for that: -Heaven

I have given Biblical examples (in my related post) showing how it is reasonable to follow direction coming from God even if said direction does not seem sound in terms of strategy.

• Splash
    Splash

Direction from God or his prophets cannot be equated to direction from the GB, false prophets, self proclaimed 'uninspired' men.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

All These takes from the Feb. Watchtower. I guarantee not one jdub is even aware of it yet.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

"Direction from God or his prophets cannot be equated to direction from the GB,... Splash"

Which brings us back to the wt study article being discusses on this thread entitled, "Who is leading God's people today?"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The untruthful GB said proclamation

The truthful reality of this organization is that it was developed upon malignantly corrupt doctrines which were inspired to created power for a few opportunistic men and the continuing proliferation of literature they inherently published.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Guys, guys, guys! Have you thought of this possibility: Some brothers in the writing committee are plotting a coup! They're plotting to overthrow the GB, and articles like these are meant to subtly condition JWs' minds for the day when the GB will be ousted. They're using careful wording to subtly and indirectly undermine the prophetic mystique that currently shrouds the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit