"The G.B. is neither inspired nor infallible"

by smiddy 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

A Jehovah's Witness would be disfellowshipped for uttering this statement to a body of elders during a judicial committee:

Body of Elders: "Do you believe the faithful and discreet slave are God's representatives on Earth?"

Reply: "The Governing Body is neither inspired, nor infallible, therefore it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction ."

Body of Elders: "The decision of the body of elders is to recommend that you be dissfelowshipped for apostasy."

• mrquik
    mrquik

Witnesses need to ask themselves that if the GB is neither inspired or infallible, whose responsible for the deaths and abuses of innocent sheep when they flip flop on doctrinal matters? Certainly this is totally incompatible with an organization led by "love" with Jesus guiding all matters. The only conclusion is the obvious one; this is just another manmade religion & it's time to get out..... Don't worry about finding the "one true religion". It's not here......you're not it.......

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

whose responsible for the deaths and abuses of innocent sheep when they flip flop on doctrinal matters?

When has WT doctrinal errors resulted in deaths and abuse of JW?

• Wayward
    Wayward

Then why the hell do they act as if they are? Why do they demand that their drones view them and treat them as if they are? They are or they aren't. Can't have it both ways. If they aren't, they have no claims to the obedience and adoration of millions of people.

• Ding
    Ding

The GB does manage to have it both ways.

XJW Ted Dencher once wrote that despite the fact that the GB admits it is fallible, in the mind of JWs the GB has a "present infallibility" on matters of faith and performance of works for salvation.

The WT phrase "present truth" comes to mind here.

It's "the truth" because the GB currently teaches or requires JWs to practice it, not because it actually is true.

JWs aren't allowed to conclude that the GB is wrong about any teaching or practice until the GB discards it.

Even then, the GB doesn't admit they were wrong.

Instead, they claim Jehovah's holy spirit gave them "new light" or a "refined understanding."

In this way, the abandonment of erroneous teachings is turned into a positive and "proves" that Jehovah is constantly guiding and purifying his organization.

In Watchtowerland, even though the GB has made mistakes in the past, Jehovah wants you to follow whatever they say until he corrects them, and only they can tell you when that has happened.

Why?

Because in the religion that claims to be "the truth," uniformity is far more important than truth.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I'm pasting this from Searchers thread, because I'm lazy.

Claiming that the GB make mistakes in doctrine and procedures was the very crime I was charged with. It was the reason that I was accused of "apostasy", a crime so horrible that it merits everlasting death!

What is the purpose of this admission? There could be more than one reason to print this statement so close to the outbreak of the GT. 😑

1) The Glorious GB have just decided to make doctrinal changes that may be disturbing to some. They will, of course, blame it on their predecessors.

2) Shit is about to hit the fan concerning Child Sexual Abuse. Perhaps the errors in "Organizational Direction" are related to the decades of abuse cases that have been swept under the rug.

3) A prominent GB member, or members are listed in the Pedo-Files. ( See what I did there? Pedophile/Pedo-Files...?) Those imperfect men can be thrown under the bus. The WTBTS has already written an article that hints of "apostasy" at high levels. This article came out close to a year ago, I think.

4) There will be more sell-offs of facilities to pay for the abuse settlements. There will be more lay-offs, more disgruntled J-dumbs sent into "Satan's World." A Dub that is used extensively in video production told me that one facility in the USA was reduced from about 1,000 to 25, and that this is happening at other WTBTS facilities. He said, "Jehovah is putting on the brakes, because we ran ahead."

This WT article is a prime example of "getting in front of a problem." It's a political technique designed to soften a blow, or to make yourself seem less culpable. "Yes Brothers and Sisters, there have been very bad things occurring in the perfect ORG. It's taken a lot of time and effort to root out those ones causing divisions. We, the current GB, are just happy that Jeehoober, the great detective, has used us to further refine the ORGANIZATION..... ( Imagine Lett's puke-worthy rubber face as he delivers the message on Jaydubbyaw TV..😨)

Fisherman, why did you mention me in you first comment? I'm confused. Also, the WTBTS has contributed to many deaths. Banning organ transplants by declaring they equate to cannibalism, caused an untold number of deaths. Whether that number is 20 or 20,000, the false teachers of the WTBTS are responsible.

The Bible says nothing about blood transfusions. How many Dubs have died for believing the GB is correct on all doctrinal matters and must be revered as "The Channel Of God?"

The GB denies being inspired and infallible, but are perfectly content to live in their new, multi-million dollar complex.

DD

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Well...in 1969 the WT said that organ transplants were a disfellowshipping offence...they reversed it in 1980.

Thus for 11 years IF you need an organ transplant to live AND wanted to be faithful to the WT you HAD to die.

Now, it is a conscious decision since they changed it.

Thus, in those 11 years lives were lost because of a wrong doctrine from the WT.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

And what about the Factor VII problem?

When the WTS allowed some JW hemophiliacs to receive factor VII (a fractionated blood product) but didn't let all the JWs know this? Only some JWs received that treatment (clinical trial?).

And then, the WTS has made considerable mileage on the HIV tainted blood scandal - without acknowledging that some of the JWs that did receive factor VII did contract HIV through factor VII transfusions. That the WTS had approved.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

That admission in the Feb.17 ,study edition of the Watchtower , " Who is Leading Gods People Today ?" "The Governing Body is neither inspired, nor infallible, therefore it (they/we) can err in Doctrinal matters or in organizational direction ."

Have the many Jehovahs Witnesses past and present who have lost their lives by refusing blood transfusions due to the prohibition on blood tranfusions by Jehovahs Witnesses really got the sense of this statement ?

Have the family ,relatives and friends of those who lost their loved ones due to the prohibition of blood transfusions by this religion come to grips with what this admission by the organization really means ?

What they are really saying is , our doctrinal policy on no blood transfusions could be wrong , due to the fact we are not infallible and we can err.

A point to consider : The Israelites / Jews were Gods chosen people for thousands of years and under his laws , I`m sure they would have a far better more informed understanding of the Old testament than anybody else , and they are certainly more strict than any JW about eating blood..Kosher food.etc.

Many scriptures support the sanctity of life above the letter of the law., a fact that escapes the JW /GB mindset .

What I understand is that it's never been about making sense. When a person's capacity to be reasonable and critical has been taken away by indoctrination an brainwashing, that person can't see anything wrong in pretty much any statement, no matter how off-the-wall it is.

The WT is not (by far) the only nor the worst organization when it comes to playing games with people's important decisions. I know of people who have been violently attacked and left to die in the wilderness for not abiding the nonsense that the group expects them to do so.

If you Google "negative effects of cults" or "negative effects of indoctrination" or "negative effects of brainwashing", you will discover a number of reliable sources (though some are not verifiable) stating the number of things that people have done based on blind believe and obedience in a given organization.

The WT is responsible for having people do a number of things that have cause a lot of harm to themselves and loved ones. including letting people die over that no blood transfusion nonsense. That's why I have no respect for that organization.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

"The Governing Body is neither inspired, nor infallible, therefore it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction ."

Good point Smiddy

From out that statement people who decided to take a blood transfusion should never been demeaned and chastised ie. Dfed or DA .

There is an approach toward a situation and leaving it as a personal decision or you can do what the WTS did strong arming itself for decades causing insurmountable grief and despair to a segment of the JWS followers.

You might pin it down to the causative effect of power and corruption that lend to the deaths of thousands.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit