"The G.B. is neither inspired nor infallible"

by smiddy 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

That admission in the Feb.17 ,study edition of the Watchtower , " Who is Leading Gods People Today ?" "The Governing Body is neither inspired, nor infallible, therefore it (they/we) can err in Doctrinal matters or in organizational direction ."

Have the many Jehovahs Witnesses past and present who have lost their lives by refusing blood transfusions due to the prohibition on blood tranfusions by Jehovahs Witnesses really got the sense of this statement ?

Have the family ,relatives and friends of those who lost their loved ones due to the prohibition of blood transfusions by this religion come to grips with what this admission by the organization really means ?

What they are really saying is , our doctrinal policy on no blood transfusions could be wrong , due to the fact we are not infallible and we can err.

A point to consider : The Israelites / Jews were Gods chosen people for thousands of years and under his laws , I`m sure they would have a far better more informed understanding of the Old testament than anybody else , and they are certainly more strict than any JW about eating blood..Kosher food.etc.

Many scriptures support the sanctity of life above the letter of the law., a fact that escapes the JW /GB mindset .

• schnell
    schnell

As my brother said recently, "I really think a lot of us are going to eat crow in the new system when those new scrolls are opened up." Thus, this wouldn't matter.

It's terrible.

• freddo
    freddo

I just scanned that article ... what a self serving bunch of crap.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

NIce post Smiddy. The post alludes to the gb being guided by God's Holy Spirit while the WT admits it concurrently errs on doctrine. But are people to conclude that Wt has erred in the BT doctrine? That remains to be seen. Whatever happens, I do not see much hope in the future of Blood transfusions, I think that they will complete be replaced with non blood methods of the future and other non blood substitutes of the future. Only because of risk of dying do people even ever consider accepting blood after the awareness of its medical risk. Before the awareness, people accepted blood without thinking, they just figured that JW were fanatics -until the AIDS scare of the 1980's! Just heard on the news yesterday that they recently found that HIV infected blood was in the US blood supplies as far back as 1967, absolving patient zero (tm Data Dog, don't wish to infringe.) the male airline steward, from being responsible of spreading the virus in the US.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ schnell - "new scrolls." :)

Excellent opportunity for planting seeds when a J.W. uses this phrase! Strike while the iron is hot.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/239678/new-scrolls

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ smiddy - good post.

We've been handed a loaded gun by the Magnificent Seven in Brooklyn/Warwick.

Let's use it whenever an opportunity arises.

• prologos
    prologos

So why are they not inspired? 1) Because god does not inspire at all? Or 2) he does not deal with the wt wanna bes --yet? The groping in the dark of wt's understanding during the "birth of the kingdom in 1914" at their "Kingdom Rules" study certainly confirms that they are neither inspired nor error-free.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Because the Jobos will say 'it comes from the Bible, not men.'

They may get it wrong, but the Bible doesn't may well be the stance of the Jobos.

And thus the lie continues. Safe in the grabbing of money for the 7 paedo protecting popes.

• Listener
    Listener

They demand that their followers accept their doctrines as truth, knowing that they are not always right. By doing so they are demanding that men follow their ideas contrary to the Bible's admonition.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Do they actually say in print:

"" Who is Leading Gods People Today ?" "The Governing Body is neither inspired, nor infallible, therefore it (they/we) can err in Doctrinal matters or in organizational direction ."

Because you can therefore not trust ANY doctrine from them...including anything life altering. That is mental if they have come out and said that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit