A new generation of anointed that will not pass away.

by Fisherman 162 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@ Fisherman

To that evil generation the sign that Jesus gave to his disciples wasn’t a sign for them but it was for his disciples.

Thanks for confirming what I said. Jesus was warning the disciples when and where to flee what the evil generation would experience.

You might benefit by looking at how many times God changed His mind about who the generation applied to.

1897 - good and evil living in 1914" Studies in the Scriptures Vol 4 pp.602,603

1927 - “the anointed" The irresistible conclusion therefore is that Jesus referred to the new creation [the anointed] when he said: “This generation shall not pass until all these things be fulfilled.” Watchtower 1927 Feb 15 p.62

1951 - “worldly people" So it was on “this generation” that the accumulated judgments were to fall. Watchtower 1951 Jul 1 p.404

1962 - “good and evil” irrespective of whether such persons are righteous or wicked. Awake! 1962 Sept. 22 p.27 'This Generation Will Not Pass'

1995 - “worldly people" Jesus was not departing from his established use of the term “this generation,” which he consistently applied to the contemporary masses with their “blind guides” Watchtower 1995 Nov 1 pp.14,20

1999 - “worldly people" [It refers] to people who stubbornly turn their backs on the divine purpose." WT. May 1, 1999

2008 - “current anointed class" As a class, these anointed ones make up the modern-day "generation" of contemporaries that will not pass away "until all these things occur." This suggests that some who are Christ's anointed brothers will still be alive on earth when the foretold great tribulation begins." Watchtower 2008 Feb 15 p.24

2010 - “overlapping anointed class” "He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation." Watchtower 2010 April 15 p.10

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Vanderhoven7 and other evangelical Christians, on page 6 of this topic thread I said the following to you. "From my perspective so much evidence and so much sound reasoning have made available to you on this site that Christianity is false, that much of the NT is false, and that much of the OT is false, yet you persist in believing in Christianity. Why?" My question to you was not rhetorical. Vanderhoven7, I really do want the answer from you to my question. I very much want to know why my efforts and those of others are not persuading you to turn away from Christianity.

I know Sea Breeze's reason (at least in regards to why he believes in a creation and even in young Earth creationism), but from a number of you I don't know why you still believe in Christianity. Likewise I know the reasons of some others, at least in why they believe a creator exists.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Sea Breeze I noticed a moment ago in regards to me posting that my account for site become blocked (by the creator/moderator of the site) form doing certain things, that on page 7 of this topic thread you said the following to me. "Were you told this? Or, is this something you assumed? Maybe you don't know how to do it. You won't be able to post until you select a subject area. Have you tried this?" The following is my answer to those questions.

I know it because all attempts by me to create new topic threads during the past several months have failed, though prior to that I was able to create about 27 new topics (I know that a subject area must be chosen). Likewise I can no longer mark a post as "Like" or "Dislike". (That happened shortly after I marked a post by Simon as "Dislike" and after I made a post stating outrage about a post Simon had made. In my post I said he was violating his own rules. Very soon after that both that post of mine and Simon's own post were deleted. [Technically I can still mark a post as "Like" or "Dislike" but after I refresh the web page it is no longer marked as such.]) Furthermore, as of several months ago I can no longer send email through this site. That began several months ago shortly after I sent an email to a person in which I provided documentation for my reasons of an angry complaint I had about Simon. Very shortly before I lost the ability to send email through the site I received through the site a very angry email from Simon, which in part said I violated some rules of the site.

The mere act of me making this current post to you in answer to your questions might cause further problems for me, but I am taking that risk so that your questions will be answered (provided this post doesn't get deleted).

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@Fisherman How are you keeping? Haven't heard from you in a couple of days.

@DWJ In case you haven't noticed this thread is about the generation which will not pass away.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Vanderhoven7, that is true about the topic of this thread. Therefore I ask this question to you: Why do you continue to believe in the Bible's claim of 'the generation which will not pass away', despite reading arguments which refute the NT, the Bible as a while, and Bible's God? Didn't all of the first century CE apostles (and other disciples) of Jesus pass away? Wasn't (according to church history) Peter, James, and Paul martyred - before Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 CE? According to Acts wasn't Stephen also martyred before 70 CE? Considering the life span of people in the first century CE, isn't it likely that virtually all of the adult Christians (including nearly all of those adults who had met Jesus) of 30 CE had died before the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE? In effect, didn't their generation effectively pass away before 70 CE?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@DJW I am not interested in discussing faith issues with someone who distains Christian faith. Do have a nice day.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    LUHE Jesus explicitly said that nobody (including the governing body, presumably) knows the exact date of armageddon, not the angels in heaven, nor the son, only the father.
    So, how the hell can JWs claim that the big-A is sooo close? They don't know the date, lol.
    Do they know the year? If not, do they know the decade?
    If not the decade, do they know which century it will happen in?
    The whole thing about armageddon being sooo close is madness, a form of mental illness.

EXACTLY!! I mean the watchtower is always saying "Jehovah is not slow, as to his promises...blah blah" and that it's because "a day is as a thousand years" etc.

So in that case, as you say LUHE, can they even know the millennium of Jehovah's date....No they bloody cannot!!!

And in other news.......

Since we've established that Fisherman is actually a spoof account, can we cast some votes as to who we think is behind the indomitable Fish:

A: Ralph Walls

B: Nathan Natas

C: Antony Morris III

D: Mark O'Donnell

E: Simon

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Vanderhoven737 minutes ago
    @DJW I am not interested in discussing faith issues with someone who distains Christian faith. Do have a nice day.

"Distaining" and no longer believing are too different things. I think his question appeared genuine. Remember all of us on here are either believers or were believers, not just in God but in Christianity (although you don't class it as such, that's what we believed we were). In fact many of us trully wish we still believed and look for reasons to do so......so questions like this are not uncommon.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Vanderhoven7 : @DJW I am not interested in discussing faith issues with someone who distains Christian faith.

What an extraordinary copout from one who continually attempts to attack the faith of others.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@Earnest

Do you feel that people on this forum should be compelled to discuss subjects they do not want to discuss ....or should they be free to discuss subjects they wish to discuss with whomever they wish to discuss them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit