A new generation of anointed that will not pass away.

by Fisherman 162 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Sea Breeze: I just couldn't believe how stupid the WT imagined us to be.

They have lowered their standards, once they started with the overlapping generations explanation. Abandoning the "1914 generation" bit was at least a practical move in 1995, even if done in such a cynical manner. Revisiting it in order to build up a new sense of urgency was a bad idea. I wonder how many people were snapped out of their JW fog by that explanation.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    FM - Given all the other fulfilled parts the the prophecy, the passing away can only refer to the overlap.

That's a bold statement.

Nothing has been fulfilled that can be actually evidenced.

'overlap(tm)'?

I am convinced more than ever that FM is having a laugh with us. Not to be taken seriously.

Spoof!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The WT just can't help themselves, can they?

They've been predicting the end for 140 years, and it's simply hilarious watching them make further adjustments or come out with new light when their bullshit predictions fail.

Let's just take the Bible and God as real, for the purpose of this discussion ...

Jesus explicitly said that nobody (including the governing body, presumably) knows the exact date of armageddon, not the angels in heaven, nor the son, only the father.

So, how the hell can JWs claim that the big-A is sooo close? They don't know the date, lol.

Do they know the year? If not, do they know the decade?

If not the decade, do they know which century it will happen in?

The whole thing about armageddon being sooo close is madness, a form of mental illness.

Let's say that God has planned armageddon to come in the year 2145. We'll all be long dead by then. We may as well stop all this guessing bullshit dressed up as 'deep biblical knowledge' and just live our lives and be decent people.

That's all there is to it, folks ...

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    overlap(tm)'?

That is not a new concept. But part of the original definition of generation taught by wt in the early 1900,s

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

FM - Well, it's very silly of them.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    very silly of them. overlap

Valid dictionary definition seems to me. The puzzle is what did Jesus mean by generation in the olivette in terms of time. WT had applied a definition of generation to a time limit until recently. At present there is no wt defined time limit assigned to the olivette generation except that the second group of anointed will not die off before the great tribulation. Nothing more is officially stated or implied.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Re: Overlapping generation

That is not a new concept. But part of the original definition of generation taught by wt in the early 1900,s

documentation please

At present there is no wt defined time limit assigned to the olivette generation except that the second group of anointed will not die off before the great tribulation. Nothing more is officially stated or implied.

You mean other than we are in the last part of the last part of the last part....

• luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper
    That is not a new concept. But part of the original definition of generation taught by wt in the early 1900,

i call BS. There is not definition of generation that includes two people from disparate times that simply overlap lives. Apparently the last veteran of the American Civil War died in 1956. As my dad likes to say, "Does that make me a part of the Civil War generation?"

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I started out reading the riot act to my students on the first day of school.

The only rule is respect (I always explain what that looks like)

Then, to Lighten the atmosphere, I added two related rules.

Rule 1. The teacher is always right.

Rule 2. When the teacher is wrong, refer to rule number 1.

Now substitute Watchtower for teacher. Whatever the Faithful Slave says at any given time is the truth.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Does that make me a part of the Civil War generation?

Wt now interprets “this generation” to refer to the generation of the “anointed” .So the focus changed from the generation of 1914 to the generation of the anointed and it is their lifespan only that limits the length of generation. For example if someone was alive during the civil they were part of that generation. And if an anointed individual’s life over lapped and was anointed during the life of FF for example, one of the oldest anointed (and I met older) he is considered part of the anointed generation that will not pass away until all these things occur—as wt interprets that scripture at this time. So simply put. It ain’t about the 1914 generation that should not pass away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit