What is your opinion of the news media?

by minimus 491 Replies latest social current

• baker
    baker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha1ljAbOPnY

This is not news but similar to fox, a lot of opinions, but at least fox will tell you when it is opinions

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

This is not news but similar to fox, a lot of opinions, but at least fox will tell you when it is opinion

Not at all.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    None of you DFs with your heads stuck up your asses will ever question any news article that confirms those biases.

I don't read any of those sources you mentioned I just watch the nightly news. It is easy to see that things that were non-news for Obama are now being blown out of proportion for Trump. Example: there was a big story on the news about 160 undocumented immigrants being deported as if it were some new tactic from Trump. In reality, it was a routine operation and they did many of them during Obama's administration. Complete non-story but it was used to reinforce the idea that Trump is racist and after illegals. Obama actually deported more people than any other president in history, where was the reporting on that?

• zeb
    zeb

'T ' ...... is for time out!

You folks should have seen the media 'feeding frenzy' here in Australia when the murders occurred at Port Arthur in Tasmania in 1996.

If ever truth had its throat cut it was then. Go look up "Port Arthur Tasmania' on google and you might start to get the idea.

Currently in Sweden it is against their code to report 'immigrants' for creating mayhem, arson rape in their once pristine cities.

Germany is much the same. The 'media' is not only reporting on the American scene. Its a case of whatever sells headlines or ratings.

• bohm
    bohm
    Zeb: Currently in Sweden it is against their code to report 'immigrants' for creating mayhem, arson rape in their once pristine cities.

Do you have a source that shows which part of Sweedish law makes it illegal to report immigrants?

• Simon
    Simon

Good try bohm, he said code, not law. It's possible to have instructions without it being the law of the land.

It's a fact that negative news about immigrant crimes committed in Sweden, Germany, France and other countries is suppressed. That's the main-stream media not reporting news but playing politics.

The reality is that the rate of crime by Muslim immigrants is off the charts compared to the native populations.

The media doesn't report it because it goes against the narrative that they want to promote.

• Simon
    Simon
    Progressives notice that Fox News has an agenda and lies to support it.
    Conservatives notice that the other news outlets have an agenda and lie to support it.
    Nobody (that I can see) notices that both of those statements are true.

That'w why I suggest that it's better to listen to both sides, weigh the arguments and discern what is spin and what is based on reality, and that the truth is often somewhere between the two viewpoints.

• bohm
    bohm

Simon: Oh, "code". So what is being claimed here, exactly? That the Swedish media does not contain negative news stories about immigrants?

• zeb
    zeb

Bohm, try Cavatus blog.wordpress.com

and thanks simon

"The media doesn't report it because it goes against the narrative that they want to promote."

succinctly put.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

That the Swedish media does not contain negative news stories about immigrants? - I remember reading somewhere that the Swedish media report crimes committed by immigrants but the ethnicity and the immigrant status of the criminals is not reported.

I could, of course, be wrong so I'd be grateful if someone could either confirm or deny this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit