It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars (continued)

by Simon 2580 Replies latest jw friends

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Those t-shirt designs have about as much taste as his penis.

They’re puerile and dull. I’d be embarrassed to wear one of those in public.

I feel pity upon his girls. Some people should never be parents, especially pompous imbeciles like him. His girls have to grow up in the shadow of a religion their parents abandoned before they were even born. I have children. If you brought up “Jehovah’s Witnesses” to them, they’d be hitting up their phones to look it up. They don’t need to know who Stephen Lett is or the changed beard policy.

Them potentially inheriting some of his looks, body type, and personality is enough of a curse.

• Yooters
    Yooters

Looks like he’s replying to comments on the expat FB page about band rehearsals and a drummer. It’s Sir Elwood trying to get the band together.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Grifters gotta grift

• Chevelle
    Chevelle

I was a fan of Lloyd until he started selling shit on his channel.

• Diogenesister
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Those t-shirt designs have about as much taste as his penis.
    They’re puerile and dull. I’d be embarrassed to wear one of those in public.

To which I would add: Why?

Why would a real departed ex-Dub or anyone else for that matter want to wear one?

Does Cedars think it’s something that people want to do, advertise an obscure message? An ex is an ex, let it go !

oh I forgot: “Advertise, Advertise, Advertise” the Cedars and his kingdom!

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Why would a real departed ex-Dub or anyone else for that matter want to wear one?

He’s like one of those inner-city politicians who preys on the poor and claims he’s their advocate, whilst making his entire fortune off of it.

These unscrupulous politicians need to remind the people they are in poverty and that they are their champion so as to keep themselves relevant and employed.

Likewise Lloyd needs to keep exJWs in a constant state of reminder of a traumatic period in their lives so they can keep going to him for “treatment”. ExJWs moving on is not in his financial interest and never was.

It’s a sick and disgusting cycle for an equally disgusting man. Imagine a substance abuse counsellor selling t-shirts poking fun at the circumstances behind drug/alcohol abuse.

A t-shirt with a Jack Daniel’s logo with a red X through it. Another with the visuals of a needle and a bottle of pills.

Now he’s extolling the euphoria behind drug use to already vulnerable people who are conditioned to believe anything they hear.

All while collecting their donations. Sick, isn’t it?

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Last t-shirt design idea:

"Where do I go to master my penis? Phuk it! Anywhere I want!"

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I think the "my book" shirt is pretty funny. Good use of the classic color scheme. I wouldn't buy one, though.

I don't have an issue with his desire to create a merch shop. I would ask why it took so long, but I think he realizes that it's not a great idea. exJWs --particularly the newly-out who are likely drawn to his channel-- will not be inclined to advertize their situation with merchandise. Especially t-shirts. They will probably recognize it as a tasteless or tone-deaf move. So this isn't for them.

This is for the remaining saps who still send him money and haven't given up yet. It's a way to take even more of their money while he continues to struggle to produce content. In order to draw more interest and sales, he'll need to branch out. But what can he add that isn't JW-related? Merchandise attacking religion? Promoting atheism? Pushing his vendetta? What? What can he produce that people would want to buy?

I can't think of anything. And a merch shop will not resolve the issue of the slow content rollout and the lack of enthusiam and lack of direction he has been showing for months, now. It just means that when the grift finally ends, the amount of money he will have drained from people's wallets will be that much larger. I can't say it enough: this is the man you are supporting with your dollars. At this point, you deserve to get ripped off.

• Simon
    Simon

The newly out will likely be facing challenging situations with friends and family - so wearing anything that mocks the religion and those still in it is likely to be antagonistic and do little to help with those relationships.

Anyone long out doesn't want and doesn't need to advertise to the world that they were once in, and are just going to get funny looks and feel embarrassed by the time they've finished explaining the meaning to anyone who asks.

So that leaves those who make themselves dependent on their exJW grief, and think it makes them part of some new club rather than it being that they stopped belonging to their previous group. I don't think taking money off people, even those that imagine you're doing something for them, is truly helping them. It's just taking advantage of someone's vulnerable state.

About the only people who would be wearing things like that are high profile activist types. It's a cheap gag to wear on a youtube for self-publicity. The only purpose it serves IMO is as a reminder / suggestion for people to send $$$, and that it's a commercial enterprise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit