It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars (continued)

by Simon 2594 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I hope LA or anywhere else on the Left Coast will eat this scumbag alive. Skid Row or hell even a stroll in the Tenderloin District of San Francisco could swallow this Dbag up, never to be seen again.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don’t think the free tier patron thing was his idea or even his choice, it was a patron wide thing.

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

Ya mahn, down to lucky 420. Who's lightin' one up in celebration?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    T5And about that all paid holiday , vacation, "mental health break"If, who ever did this , thinks that , by doing this, he will get back the L.E. he once knew ,and he thinks that is " Lloyd and savior " will start doing lots of Youtube videos about the bad watchtower again , now that his all rested, he or she is in for a rude awakening ! That ship as sailed now , and it looks like the " captain" is not going to go down with his youtube ''ship'' either...

Exactly Tobey5! Mainly because it was other EXJW's doing most of the work - that is the interesting stuff - (they no longer allow themselves to be taken advantage of and no one's willing to trust him with the latest leaks from Watchtower).

Also don't forget he's run out of source material for videos like his earlier, in-depth output. Most of this was 'gleaned' from Paul Grundy's JWFacts.com website and/or our two seminal exJW works - by Ray Franz & Carl Olaf Jonsson.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Public life is such an unforgiving business. Things people say and do are public and reputations are forever. Stars who were once in high demand and on several big budget movies are today practically begging for parts they never would have considered before.

But when someone is a complete dick and no one wants to work with them, things hit a brick wall. Movie stars like Shia Lebouf are effectively blacklisted because of this. Lloyd finds himself in the same predicament.

With that said, his 420 patrons + YT members are artificially high for his quality and quantity of work. Like a footballer or NBA star in the tail end of their career, he’s playing out the last years of his contract that won’t be renewed. These numbers are correcting themself and have been for some time. Newbies are finding him nowhere near what he may have came recommended as and are finding other creators. It is so hard to reboot in this public sphere.

When he’s giving everyone the finger with his non-apology and threatening people with lawsuits, it only hastens his fading star.

He’ll return thinking he’s solved his problem once and for all. A few new things will be attempted but they won’t stick.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

And also: please please PLEASE take on Scientology next. Those assholes love to dig into people's past and stir up trouble whenever anyone criticizes them. Gee, I wonder what they could use again Evans...

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

Saw this online. The first part of the video is Lloyd to a T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3bxXcCwwBY

• Simon
    Simon
    I don’t think the free tier patron thing was his idea or even his choice, it was a patron wide thing

Patreon as a platform and concept is in decline - their valuation dropped something like 70% and that doesn't happen if you have a solid business. The era of free money sloshing around and people being given money for dubious "creativity" is over.

They are trying to artificially inflate (and retain) their user counts.

So a combination of a lazy creator who regularly fails to deliver the promised "perks", who has driven a lot of supporters away with his abusive behavior, using a platform that itself is in decline?

I means it's time to get a real job Lloydy boy!

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors
    Patreon as a platform and concept is in decline

I went to the button to report a creator for not fulfilling their promises. Went through the menus, and all I got was the option to contact the creator themselves and/or close my account.

So, no way of getting a refund even if you can prove they haven't fulfilled their promise. That's a really shitty business model but of course what do they care, they just want their % and people can go to hell if they don't like it.

But, with policies like that it's no wonder they're declining. Like AirBNB and so many, they start with a good idea but then it gets bloated and shitty policies get revealed and the bubble soon deflates or outright bursts.

As for the free memberships, I'm sure it's something Patreon rolled out and even if it wasn't automatic, no doubt he'd jump on it just to get bigger numbers and a locked-in audience. People probably signed up thinking they'd get something for it but turns out they get fuck all of nothing... hell, even people who pay him aren't getting shit these days!

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    hell, even people who pay him aren't getting shit these days!

I agree!

And even when he eventually produces content they are still getting shit!!!!😉

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit