Breaking News: Anthony Morris III no longer serving on the Governing Body

by WingCommander 760 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

In the grand scheme of things, none of this will make any difference to me and my life. I'm no longer trapped in the big business pretending to be a religion.

None of this will help me put food on the table or fight illnesses.

From a curiosity point of view it's mildly interesting. But that's about it for me.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Spreading of rumors and suspicion as done by ExbethelitenowPIMA is disgusting.

Obviously, something serious happened, or was happening, for AM3 to no longer be on the GB. Based on what people know about him, alcohol abuse related to his PTSD would be a good candidate. This "educated guess" is indeed plausible. In the absence of being told anything at all by the Watchtower, I believe that JW and xJW alike are entitled to venture into such "educated guesses".

Of course, to say that he "touched his daughter in law inappropriately" makes it sound like he got sexual gratification out of it, and quite frankly, I find the idea repulsive. There is nothing in that man character that lends credence to it. However, if he did something like that, it was probably a "Holy Shit, I thought you were my wife! Oh my God! SO SO SORRY!" moment. I've seen that happen and people generally understand it to be poor eyesight or drinking problem; not "He's a sexual predator".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Agreed.

Top-Shelf gives off an Angry Old Lush vibe, not a Kiddy-Fiddler vibe.

‘Course, I’ve been wrong before.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

What I deduce so far in this post is pieces of a large puzzle. Watchtower will do everything in their power to keep any larger revelations to a minimum. The announcement referred to him as a brother -- at the moment of the announcement. But from that moment, nothing. If things proceeded to worsen they are not about to post a running account of all the subsequent crap.

If he (and wife) have been pushed out to a new home address (if that REDDIT post is legit) they're not about to divulge that. If his sons and wives have followed him out the door, same thing since they weren't prominent enough.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

The daughter in law thing started on Reddit and just like everything else on Reddit we just don’t know if it’s true

Maybe he is in his sons congregation for now and maybe that address is right

we still don’t know anything more than that announcement

• Chevelle
    Chevelle

I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt that Tony Morris has PTSD.

What I have noticed about Vietnam vets in general is the following:

1) Those who saw little to no action tend to enjoy talking about the war at every turn for some reason. They also tend to embellish their role in the war.

2) Those who brutal action on the front lines do NOT like to talk about the war at all... ever. Especially those who still suffer from chronic PTSD.

Since Tony never wastes an opportunity to talk about Vietnam, that makes me believe he saw nothing that would give him PTSD. Maybe just a few bleeding patients every now and then. Just my humble 2 cents based on my own observations (not based on any medical knowledge).

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

He was a medic. He certainly saw badly injured people and has said so. He also talks as if it affected him badly (his talk about the human hot dogs is not normal). I don’t see any reason so doubt his trauma. Just because some people keep silent about trauma doesn’t mean everyone has to react the same way.

Where is the information about a new address? Has anyone got details or a link?

• Chevelle
    Chevelle

Slim

Agreed

My observations are just that... observations... nothing more and nothing less.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Uncle Tony gonna get the wake up call of his life soon. His little theatrical play when he was ruler, master and king over congregations is over. Lots JWs don't like the GB. Especially someone saying they have blood guilt if they don't preach for a week and other things. In my area a CO was removed 15 years ago. Congregations still talking about how he, that hade that privilege, could just throw everything away. Imagine a GB member. Members in congregations gonna make sure he never forgets that he's fallen from grace. If I was Tony, I probably abandon org. Maeby move to another country. Avoid any contact with other JWs. Specially at his age, when you don't have super many years left of life. Your last year's you want peace of mind.

• floridaborn
    floridaborn

According to a new thread on jwtalk Morris' morning worship videos have been removed. The mystery keeps building..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit