WoMD ... so where are they?

by Simon 865 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    in view of your well-known Anti-American viewpoint and outlook

You claim. No proof.

This thread violates Guideline #1 in that it is insulting to all Americans and other anti-tyrant forces

It does not insult anyone except those who want their own opinion forced on everyone else. "Anti-tyranical forces" LOL

and it violates Guidleline #2 in that it incites hatred of a particular nationality (especially its leader): the USA.

No it does not. It is discussing one of the most important topics of our time. You just don't happen to like it that your government suckered you and it now makes you look wrong for supporting it.

You locked a very interesting thread a couple of weeks ago on heated arguments/adult debates/free speech, etc. because of your stated reason that you were "getting damn tired of this shit," or words to that effect.

Yes, I was tired of it.

Well, I'm damn tired of your allowing this insulting, anti-US thread to continue merely in the service of your own well-known anti-Americanism.

Yada yada yada. Good job you aren't running things or it would be the "agree with Francois Forum". I am not anti-american but I am anti-lies and anti-propaganda and anti-nationalism.

If that's not a double standard based solely on your ownership of this thread I'll kiss your ass on any street corner of any capital city in the free world and give you a half hour to draw a crowd.

No thanks, I don't know where you've been.

Your transparency is becoming astounding in its arrogance. Is that supposed to be an unannounced, unhearalded perk of board ownership? Thou can goeth where ever thou listith?

Wow ... is that supposed to be Shakespeare or something grand-sounding? It just sounds like you have a poor grasp of English to me. If you are not happy with the forum, please refer to the terms and conditions of use.

So, once again I say, I'm tired of this shit so lets lock this thread, just like you locked the one referenced above - but this time do it because I'm tired of this shit.

Erm ... nope.

That way, we will see a practical demonstration that there truly is no favoritism on this board, and no hypocrisy either. All in favor of such a positive demonstration by Simon (and hang the topic of this thread) say aye.

Francois. You obviously have some cognitive dissonance going on. You supported an idea because you thought it was right but it turns out you were suckered and it was all based on lies and spin.

I can understand you being angry and upset but don't shoot the messenger. Direct your anger at those who have made you look stupid for supporting them - your government.

"Have a nice day"

• siegswife
    siegswife

The anti Americans are those US citizens who shout "anti Americanism" at others (Americans or not) who express dissent and dissatisfaction with the current course of the Bush administration.

Not everyone is enamored with fascism and some of us find it downright repugnant. More than a few of us don't like to be manipulated and lied to.

Lea

A voting US citizen who is of the anti Bush agenda class

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Englishman:

Whatever makes you think that an American can't be anti-American?

Was Lord Haw-Haw anti-British?

Expatbrit

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Englishman:

Whatever makes you think that an American can't be anti-American?

Ex-Pat,

I just sort of assumed that Francois was getting pissy about non-Americans criticising his country's politics. It never occured to me that an American would want a thread locked because he was peed of with the non- patriotic comments of his fellow citizens. I though that he felt that us Brits and others were picking on his country and I couldn't see why he had come to that conclusion when the thread was not showing that to be the case at that point.

I made an assumption! GASP!

Englishman.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Whether Saddam threw them in the river, fed ex'ed them, or ate them, it still doesn't answer the question of what exactly happened to the reported chemical and biological weapons he did have at one time, and he DID have them according to their own governments reports to the UN.

On North Korea and its ballistic missile range.....you must read this in its entirety. I would post and highlight the entire article here, but it is a long read and will take up much space.

http://www.thebulletin.org/issues/nukenotes/ma03nukenote.html

Mrs. Shakita

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Englishman:

I'm certainly not going to answer for Francois, so perhaps that assumption is correct!

My personal thought is that this whole issue is more a clash between "left" and "right" rather than Americans and non-Americans. I'd start a thread on why left-wing thought and politics is inherently anti-American, but I think it might become a weapon of mass destruction...lol

Expatbrit

• siegswife
    siegswife

What does it mean to be anti American? Some of us are convinced that the current administration is going against the ideals of America, therefore those who support it are acting un American.

The same is true on the other side. They're convinced that liberals are a bunch of commies who are un American.

As far as I understand, being American means accepting that we're a diverse people who have opinions from one extreme of the spectrum to the other. To try to undermine the convictions of those who are opposed to the government in power, calling them anti American and trying to silence them is the only instance that I see as being anti American. Being American means accepting that sometimes the other side is in power, and that either side always has a right to express their dissent. That doesn't mean you have to agree with them.

When they insist that you agree with them or you're being anti American then they are the ones who are off the mark regarding what being a good American citizen is, IMO.

• Simon
    Simon

I dont think people have been non-patriotic ... they just haven't gone along with the nationalism on display

• Englishman
    Englishman
    I'd start a thread on why left-wing thought and politics is inherently anti-American, but I think it might become a weapon of mass destruction...lol

Excellent point there, Ex-pat. If that is the case, that Europeans, being somewhat leftish generally, are inherently anti-American - I presume it's because their ideals will clash with the ideals of Middle America - then we need to make that much clearer so that less offence is taken.

Englishman.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    My personal thought is that this whole issue is more a clash between "left" and "right"

come on expat, that's a black and white way of loking at it. didn't you know simon's a tory boy? BOOOO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit