That was too funny William.

• Xandria
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

Another good one Xandria.

Will

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

WoMD ... so where are they? If someone finds then for gods sake drop them on this thread!

• William Penwell
  • George W Bush
    George W Bush

Kennedy to Search Iraqi Rivers for WMD

(2003-07-21) -- Senator Edward "Ted" Kennedy, D-MA, offered to help the U.N. weapons inspectors by personally searching the bottoms of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers for canisters of gas or biological agents.

The Senator, who had some experience diving on a submerged metal object in 1969, said, "Each citizen must do what he can to support the effort to locate these dangerous weapons. I'm going to see if I can get to the bottom of this thing...as it were. I'm hoping to come up with something...uh...again, as it were."

Sen. Kennedy declined to discuss the specifics of his previous diving experience.

• Pleasuredome
  • George W Bush
    George W Bush

Gore Update: Ethics

As former Vice President Al Gore mulled a White House run late last year, he used a campaign finance loophole to send $100,000 he raised two years ago for the Florida recount to bolster his position in the first two states where presidential candidates test their mettle.

IRS forms reveal disbursements on Oct. 24, 2002 to the Iowa Democratic Party Coordinated Campaign ($25,000), New Hampshire Senate Democratic Caucus ($20,000), New Hampshire Democratic Party ($30,000) and Iowa’s Truman Fund ($25,000). The donations came 10 days after Gore made a two-day trip to Iowa, where he attended fundraisers for Democratic candidates.

Some have raised ethical questions about the expenditures, saying the Gore campaign should not have spent recount money to run for president.

"He should not have been using the recount donations for future political office," said Robert Stern, president of the Center for Governmental Studies, a nonpartisan organization that studies the government and campaign finance reform. "The people gave the money to the recount for the purpose of recounting votes. Should he be allowed to do this? The answer is no."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit